1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmeloooo is backkkk

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Nov 14, 2019.

1. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Melo is definitely aging well. With the proper assistance I think he can sustain this. This would be quite the comeback story.

daywalker02 and hakeem94 like this.
  2. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

OK, but only 4 of those 13 came against teams that are currently in the top 8 in their conference.

Rockets have played 9 road games and 5 have been against teams that would make the playoffs right now.

everyday eddie likes this.
  3. icewill36

icewill36 Member

It doesn’t matter. It’s not easy to win on the road in the NBA especially lots of them in a short span.

dvi465 and hakeem94 like this.
  4. icewill36

icewill36 Member

We had a player that can give that type of production and cut him for what ? Then we complain we don’t have as much talent as other contenders.

dvi465 and rocketchamp like this.
  5. Bo6

Bo6 Member

happy for melo. we did him a little dirty but he didn't fit on the team well. too much history with MDA.

.. and he definitely wouldn't fit on the team with the addition of russ. that would be a disaster.

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

So you didn't watch the game then. Can someone ban this troll?

everyday eddie and fckbandwagons like this.
  7. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Lol, how good the competition is doesn’t matter.

Clutchfans is the best.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

The Blazers got Gold Medal M3LO (for now).

[​IMG]

c1utchfan925 likes this.
  9. icewill36

icewill36 Member

The clippers are 3-6 on the road with losses to three sub .500 teams. It’s not easy to win on the road consistently. Most teams hope to just be .500 on the road.

The blazers are fine. Once they get healthy they will be right back in the mix fighting for home court in the playoffs.

dvi465 and hakeem94 like this.
  10. macan

macan Member

Melo > CP this season

c1utchfan925 and hakeem94 like this.
  11. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

After the first game people were acting that he was going to put up that kind of production all season. He’s done well in three games against two scrub teams. Big whoop. Let’s see what he does against the clippers next game.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

J Sizzle and CCity Zero like this.
  13. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Yep. Complain about Harden having to "carry the load" every year, but applaud cutting another pure scorer after 10 games. I do understand the Melo haterz here are idiot trolls, but it baffles me how they could say Melo's a scrub

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Okay, so we all love Melo now? Is that what's going on here?

Never change, ClutchFans.

mikol13 and napalm06 like this.
  15. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

You don't remember how bad Melo was doing in our switching scheme. He can't play 1 v 1 defense is why we had no use for him. End of the bench scrubs were lighting him up 1 v 1 as if it were a James Harden iso possession. Obviously he could still go get 20 points. I'm glad he gets to play on a Portland team who will likely miss the playoffs this year and have his retirement tour so casual fans can pretend he still has it an NBA level.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. icewill36

icewill36 Member

IT WAS 10 GAMES. Jesus fukkin Christ. We did not give it a chance period

The fact you all keep trying to dispute this blows my mind. You can’t learn a thing in 10 games, especially with our traditional slow starts as a team

17. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

No, you don't remember we didnt have a defensive scheme at that time & the whole team was horrendous. Jeff Bzdelik "retired" & our defensive was in disarray. He's not a defensive stopper, but that still doesn't justify scapegoating him after 10 games. We brought him here for offense, the offense he's giving Portland right now, and the offense we're missing off the bench

smp, icewill36 and daywalker02 like this.
  18. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Sucks Melo wasn't as effective here in Houston but it didn't seem like he was exactly ready to fully embrace the 6th man role just yet.

He has always been capable of scoring but he still had to fine tune his game before he would be as effective as he is now in the Blazers. Not having versatile defenders like Ariza and Luc definitely hurt the Rockets last year and having Melo as another defensive liability give the team the best results.

I completely agree with that the 10 or 15 game sample, it was way too early to cut Melo . Especially the way he was cut too.

napalm06 and daywalker02 like this.
  19. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Putting up points on a lottery team doesn't mean you're right lol. Let me know when he's contributing on a winner. Oh that's right no team thats winning games wants anything to do with the guy. I can't wait until they play the Rockets so I can watch Harden go at Melo over and over for the most free easiest 50 point game of his career.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Looks very similar to the Westbrook flip flopping that’s been going on here.

I don’t buy Melo as a positive asset until he does it over more than like 5 games, and against a decent opponent that is able to scheme up ways to beat him. His defense is still flammable.

Having said that...Portland has been garbage. They needed another scorer so I guess the fit works.

topfive and napalm06 like this.