1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Ramona suggesting racism in NO towards agent & AD

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JW86, Nov 27, 2019.

1. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

”Citywide in 2018, 43% of violent crime suspects were black and 40% were Latino, according to LAPD statistics. Experts say this does not justify the disparate search rates, because contraband is found less often on the groups that are searched more often.”

Blacks and Latinos are searched more often because of measurable violent crime rates when compared to Whites or Asians. It’s common sense for an officer to take extra precautions based on statistics. Contraband found differences between races needs further elaboration and citation. I give the article a divide/10

“Demographically, the LAPD closely mirrors the city: 49% of officers are Latino, 10% are black, 31% are white and 10% are Asian, according to department figures.‘
    Alrighty. B-but it’s systemic.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

3. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This is a LeBronesque narrative. Criticism incoming... Assemble media puppets... Create a diversion... Doesn't matter if it is based in truth or not... Twitter will support us.

People are remembering how Davis left the Pelicans. LeBron's people call in a favor or promise to return one. Ramona has to do this or lose future access to LeBron or some Klutch client.

She can later retract, but the damage is done. Klutch Sports is justified.

4. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I dont buy it. charged my ass. i would be charged n ima black man. if i was the owner this was a guy demanding out 2 years..not one 2 years out of a contract. I smell this is from ad camp to try to get some pr back. I dont by it. no player had done that. 2 years out. that was a precedent u dont wanna set

5. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Wow, a lot sooner than I thought. Doesn't matter. Ramona will be repaid.

6. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

exactly man. this is misinformation. rewriting history. guy demanded a trade 2 years out to the Lakers like lbj running the pels

fckbandwagons, clutchdabear and csj like this.
  7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The lack of accountability for journalists today in all walks of life has become a scourge on our society. We live in the age of hot takes, shitposting, and misinformation, and it's social media and the millions of brainless ****s who are held hostage by it that make the entire thing go. "Journalists" like Ramona and entities like ESPN are just a byproduct of the times.

TMac'n, JW86, Richie_Rich and 5 others like this.
  8. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Quite judgememtal. And what would people who have hate and anger in their heart say about you if you’re on tv. I wonder

csj likes this.
  9. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Just like how it was right for Japanese Americans to be interned in detention centers. Or how Muslim Arabs entrance to US was banned in 2017. Who cares about personal dignity and human rights. Sure. Btw does your facts and figures show The hierarchy and breakdown of positions in LAPD? Who’s in charge. Your stats don’t say. Because humans are error free and minds and souls are free from hate and racial bias? Because racism and misattributing bad things to people of color is just a figment of our imagination?

10. omgTHEpotential

Oh my bad. It was totally okay of her to do this.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

(If James Harden was white he'd have 5 MVPs...)

:D

12. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Ramona sounding like someone who is shilling for a specific organization. Such a lazy take to make it about racism. Why can't it be about, maybe, the fact that a single person has such a huge portfolio of mega stars as his clients. The monopoly of collective NBA mega-talents makes tampering a joke. She's setting the stage to explain why Iggy is being held hostage by a majority white organization... cuz you know how them people who listen to country music are really like.

clutchdabear and mike2k132 like this.
  13. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Oof. At least the other guy had a better grasp of the story than this. Did you even read what the study was about and why the police are now changing their strategy?

LAPD Chief Michel Moore told The Times that Metro’s vehicle stops have not proven effective, netting about one arrest for every 100 cars stopped, while coming at a tremendous cost to innocent drivers who felt they were being racially profiled.

https://www.latimes.com/california/...-major-changes-to-elite-metropolitan-division

Read it or don't. No need to keep derailing the thread with a separate topic. Just keep that classic phantom debate going in your head where you leave your vanquished foe stuttering, devastated by your facts & logic.

clutchdabear likes this.
  14. dc rock

The odd thing about this is that the Pelicans fanbase, at least judging by the people in the arena, seems pretty diverse. It's odd for ESPN, a global sports media company, to have Ramona Shelburne, a person so clearly cloistered in Los Angeles, commenting on the NBA and sports, in general. Just be the Lakers/Clippers beat writer and maybe do ESPN Los Angeles local radio. She's completely out of touch with non-LA stuff.

fckbandwagons and clutchdabear like this.
  15. jcee15

I was responding to your derailment article. Why are you linking something else now?

16. jcee15

This is a feelings word bingo

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Ramona should be ashamed of herself and her waistline.

She is a hack that makes a living out of her friendship with the Lakers owner.

Remove that equation and the only insider info she would be privy to would be the Weekly promotions at McDonalds before they are rolled out.

#37 Zboy, Nov 27, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    pippendagimp, clutchdabear and Nook like this.
  18. dc rock

Good grief. It's not "something else." Both stories (from January and October 8th) are mentioned in the subsequent article (October 13th) linked which is about changes LAPD is making to address the ineffectiveness of Metro's vehicle stops which led to a significant increase overall in black and Latino drivers being stopped/searched.

[​IMG]

19. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

What’s your point? Of course racism is a feeling. Just like how you failed your first test or how you were scolded by your mother or how you didn’t feel you measured up. I’m sure in your life you’ve felt these things. Maybe not. Point is it’s psychological. It’s members of a majority racial group imposing their views on a minority racial group restricting rights and privileges that you may have. Not hard to understand. Maybe for you it is. It is with great insensitivity and a lack of ability to open oneself up to understanding and compassion for individuals from these minority groups that is called ignorance. But I’m sure you’ve never tried to understand. Well hope that clears it up for you now. Later bud.

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

lol Chick-fil-A

She cant hide her excitement.