1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 11/24/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Westbrook missed a layup

We have 4 on 3 opportunities because of the double team
    no one could do anything.
    Pass to the middle and House or capela look to pass to the 3 rather than look for dunk/layup

Rocket River

ak99999 likes this.
  2. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Dallas in on a roll, shooting 38% from three for the game VS 22% from Rockets. We'll be fine.

htwnbandit likes this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

Everyone blames Mike man...lol, you guys have to understand, Clemmons and Harty dont make us into a contender...Mike should be playing them, but they arent everything. Right now, out of all the Duo teams...we have the worst second option(sorry Brodie I know you will be better) and we got dudes who cant play D or shoot.

You tell me what other coach can do with this roster....we just need more talent on the team man.

jcmoon and ak99999 like this.
  4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Well he has had good form in some games lately. Might be better as a starter as he averaged 15.8ppg in the 4 games he has started

McLemore might become the "Ariza" hate child on here as soon as he has a bad game

5. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

If only there was a pure 3 point shooter sitting on the bench the entire time.

ak99999 and PWR like this.
  6. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

The 2-15 was Harden's. WB actually, on the stat sheet, played a lot better than the Clip game: 40 percent from field and 3, 9/10 at the line. 5 boards, 6 Ast, 5 fouls. He's not going to give you much more than that.

It's Harden's (and Mac's 0-fer too), that shot you out of this. Someone else needs to step up so Harden doesn't feel obligated to shove a square ball through a round hoop.

jcmoon and HP3 like this.
  7. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Against GSW and CLE...but I agree, I didn't foresee that against HOU.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I was about to come in here and say "at least we can be happy with Baby Wilt". lol. He'd have 7 straight 20+ rebound games if it hadn't been for the 19 rebounds he got against the Clippers in the previous game. Somebody's got to collect all the bricks, I guess.

ak99999 likes this.
  9. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

That's been the difference the last few years or so. I wish Harden played with consistent 3pt shooters all the time. Tucker can only shoot the corner shot and Gordon starts awful every season.... and he's been injured a bit the last few seasons.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  10. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Yeah. Why isn't Clemons getting more time?! If they're going to bomb 3s with abandon, maybe put in a guy who can actually shoot them?

jcmoon, deb4rockets and ak99999 like this.
  11. Mr. Space City

There is something about the rockets, and this offense where "shooters" come here and turn into trash.

Mclemore having the worst shooting percentages of his career. Rivers was a good shooter before he came to the rockets. People come here and are much worse shooters than they've ever been.

Maybe its the rhythm or the iso's or the way the rockets practice or the volume but i dunno.

Vivi, TimDuncanDonaut and ak99999 like this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

except now he plays with a backcourt mate who can't make teams pay for this type of defense

13. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Sorry mate, got nothing. James Harden feels broken when his shot isn't falling & Westbrook couldn't make a layup to save his life. Mavs didn't get lucky, but we did beat ourselves.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Not everyone can play with one million all stars. Harden has played with a decent amount of players considering his talent can overcome a lot. IT'S THE COACHING that has failed him more often IMO.

15. leeallen

leeallen Contributing Member

Poor defense. Missing 3's while the other team on fire. Missing FTs, Wild passes. Just like the first 6 games!
    And now they can't even beat a double team. What a joke.

jcmoon and ak99999 like this.
  16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nah
    Mike doesn’t call time outs or make adjustments
    Harden is harden
    Someone has to guard Tim Hardaway
    That’s coaching not harden
    See the big picture dude

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Carlisle literally starts two scrubs like Finney Smith and Kleber after he developed them for a year...Hartenstein finally got some playing time last week (thanks to injuries in fact), played pretty great all things considered -> never saw the floor again. This is just an awful way to develop young players, imo of course. But for some reason, McLemore, a guy with no upside whatsoever, still gets 20/25 minutes per game.

Just saying, i don't think we lost because of Mike today (although taking out Capela for McLemore with the game on the line was ridiculous imo), but man, i'm getting tired of his habits...not even a third of the season in and PJ is averaging 40 minutes per game?

Gray_Jay likes this.
  18. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I feel that it's GOT to be the amount of shooting our coaches make the players do. When I played ball I was a lights out shooter, and I almost had to refrain from heavy workouts completely to keep loose.

Mr. Space City likes this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

Bro enough with that timeout crap, its dumb as hell

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn’t guard McLemore either
    But hardaway got hot so they need to recognize that

BaselineFade likes this.