1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 11/22/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 21, 2019.

1. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

2. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Sometimes I wonder what they do during practice. They lack simple fundamentals.

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

This team reminds me of the 2013-14 squad. I remember that team losing tons of games like this in the regular season, just had an inability to close teams out and would always seem to give up a barrage of points at the end of the game. And it came back to bite us in the playoffs.

buffalobills!!! and ak99999 like this.
  4. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

So rough... we had the lead at the end and then clint capela committed a turn over and they gained the lead.... knew at that point the game was over......

5. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Omg I finally got to see the highlights of the game. Are you kidding me!? I don’t know what was worse. Westbrook shooting a jumper to win the game opposed to attacking the rim or Thabo forcing the ball to a triple covered Harden when Clemons was open for the “Gerald Green” shot!!

6. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

Thabo sux balls, always a negative +/-, too told. Was hoping he'd be a moute type of player, Clemons was open. Again though cant be 117-112 with 1 min to ago and then they have miraculously score 10 points in one minute, thats all defense not westbrook, harden or anyone

D-rock, hakeem94 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  7. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At least Beverley got fined for that horrendous flop....

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

charlieaustin, Sajan, Tfor3 and 8 others like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. Chamillionaire

Tough loss. Played well enough to win in LA against perhaps the best team in the west. Had we had House and Gordon, we would have won so not worried.

Sajan, beardsanity713, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Am I mah brother's keeper?

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...ther-gets-verbal-altercation-montrezl-harrell

12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Everyone has bad moments. For every example you show me of Westbrook playing bad I could show you clips of him making great plays. I won't waste my time.

Sajan likes this.
  13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

The overreacting is pretty nuts. Westbrook is fine. Yes he shoots bad but he does tons of other things that help this team. We lost two in a row to very very good teams. Last night we lost to one of the best teams and we are really short handed. If they hit their FTs there isn't any discussion today. I'm not worried about this loss or the Nuggets loss.

14. gogispade

gogispade Member

15. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I swear Paul George made that exact same 3 pointer in crunch time in a game last season at OKC that we also lost. It hurt then and it hurt now.

Houstunna and Tfor3 like this.
  16. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

No, that's the defensive playbook on how to defend against Harden - the objective is to double him and force the ball out of his hands. It's not fear - it's called "coaching". MDA should try it sometimes...

Little Bit likes this.
  17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

How do people come up with this stuff? :D Is that even a thing?:D

• Cookout knees:p

Houstunna, TimDuncanDonaut and B-Bob like this.
  18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

That's true

19. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

But that has been the question for this team under MDA - does his system give them an edge when faced with pressure-packed won-or-lose situations when the game is on the line? I'm not sure they "blew" that game. Instead I saw a Clippers team do what it takes to get a win. Down in crunch time BOTH teams made some critical mistakes. The Clippers won because they had two players - KL & PG - who were able to overcome their mistakes and make the right plays to secure the win. The Rockets can win and win big against the other guys but I'm not convinced they can pull out the tight games with the current roster.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Looks like Bev hit Harden low on that jumper, not even trying to defend but deliver dirty shot.

Sajan likes this.