1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 11/22/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 21, 2019.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

its not like he egged WB to shoot a three

if you say KYP then tell that to MDA

and KY (Know Yourself) to WB

2. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Russell Westbrook had a bad fourth quarter. It doesn’t make him a horrible player or mean he had a terrible game, overall.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Hmmm.

If we only had an owner that would make moves and spend money to bring in a long defensive wing that hits 3’s. Nah... why do that Tillman when you can sign a 40 year old for the minimum.

You get what you pay for Tillman.

4. Mr. Space City

Cant blame MDA for this one.

He cant make guys make free throws, fast break layups, or dunk the ball when theyre the tallest player on the court.

houston19519 and HP3 like this.
  5. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

This. I'm not happy if I'm ClipperFan. They should've beat that ass like Ike beat Tina, and instead needed some even-for-Brodie braindead play to sneak out of the building with a W. At home. Make it Houston, and add House and a late season Gordon, and the Rockets win by double digits, IMO.

I don't have an answer for WB. He's even a $hitty FT shooter now. Capela shot better at the stripe than WB. And if he can't finish at the rim... it's looking more grim than it should.

Clemons should've been given the ball for that last shot. And how do they not call a foul when Harden got hacked receiving the inbounds? Just bad officiating on both sides tonight. Missed walks, double dribbles, the relentless mugging of Capela down low. Not one of the NBAs best called games.

Exciting though, so they won't learn anything from this.

jcmoon likes this.
  6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Teams are going to be trapping and doubling harden at half court from now on.

it’ll be harder for teams to do that once we have house and Gordon back.

it shows you how much fear Harden really is putting into all the coaches around the league.

I mean we just watched Kawhi and PG13 run and trap harden at half court in the final minutes of the game. The two maybe best perimeter defenders in the league were told by their coach to guard one guy.

shows how good that one guy is.

jcmoon, Gray_Jay and houston19519 like this.
  7. major_major

major_major Member

I love Harden. He's probably my favorite player in the league. But his teams always feel like they're 1 point worse than top competitors, and Kahwi's teams always feel like they're 1 point better. It's a narrow margin, but it's the difference between championships and one-legged three point practice.

houston19519 and javal_lon like this.
  8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't know why people blame Russ for the last shot. Harden just bobbled it to him with like couple of seconds left in a corner. He has to take that shot. There wasn't really that much time to make a drive

jcmoon likes this.
  9. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Gordon is a negative bricker so far this season.

CK Johnson likes this.
  10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Of course he is. He's one of our 2 two-way players on the roster.

11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets definitely played really well this game, and they were clutch as hell. The clippers were just more clutch than us and the refs were also in their favor. I hate losing but I am not mad at it.

Roomba likes this.
  12. xaos

xaos Member

Yup. I've been cheering Westbrook since the trade and just got mad. He is probably the easiest scapegoat I've had in 20 years.

But you're right. He is a Rocket and I support his strengths and weaknesses. He made a lot of great decisions off the harden double team.

Go Rockets!

13. HP3

HP3 Member

It's one play man, dont ignore all the other big plays he made, this was one of his best games as a Rocket.

jcmoon, Tfor3 and CCity Zero like this.
  14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, Houston is looking good. It's an 82 game Season and it's not like we lost a playoff game. Losing sucks but this is something the team can learn from and the team has players coming back. I'll be more concerned in April/May/June not Some game at the beginning of the season.. Again losing sucks but it's a long season

Houstunna, jcmoon, ElPigto and 4 others like this.
  15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

It doesn’t work that way. They are just system players who gear up hard to play their former team. They would not have gotten the playing time to get in rhythm with us. They got the green light last year playing the “nothing to lose” card with no stars. Now with pg and Leonard, refs STILL have to allow Leonard to push off to get them a w against a Gordon and housless Rockets team.

CCity Zero and HP3 like this.
  16. xaos

xaos Member

Plus, I'm drunk. :D

Houstunna and Tfor3 like this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

yup, got to take our lumps now and regroup.

Roomba, Tfor3 and CCity Zero like this.
  18. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Pfft. Luka will drop 55+.

BasketMAD likes this.
  19. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

What's the Rockets' record against actual contenders? Let's take out the bad competition they've had to face in this long stretch. That's what you should be paying attention to.

everyday eddie likes this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

u said we’re literally the dumbest team in the NBA...

no...

Capela had 17 and 19 and was our 2nd best player tonight...

people love to highlight the couple of bad plays Capela will have and act like he was horrendous while ignoring the myriad of good plays that he has throughout a game

CCity Zero, jcmoon, Roomba and 3 others like this.