1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Formal Impeachment Inquiry of Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Well.......... now reports that the Trump legal team view the testimony as a "draw".

So that is really all I need to know..... if they call it a draw, then he had an overall bad day.

AleksandarN, JeeberD, BigM and 2 others like this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I think today broke trump...

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I didn't catch much of the afternoon, but it seems his day went the opposite of Vindman. Sondland started really strong and lost his edge as the day went on whereas Vindman started really shaky but gained confidence in the afternoon.

#1463 KingCheetah, Nov 20, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    mikol13 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  4. NewRoxFan

Perhaps trump believes his best defense is to constantly lie, and because of it its hard to charge him with anything?

Yung-T, superfob, Rashmon and 3 others like this.
  5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, if Trump's legal team won't declare victory that's a crap day for Trump.

6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

dance around, spin, dispute... blah blah

All we need is for the principles to testify under oath as to their intent. If they won't, it's fair to take Sondland's word for it.
    The story is out, there are no State secrets, Executive Privilege does not serve the People's interests.

Testify before Congress!

Otherwise I'll assume you are just covering up for a crime, and much like the Watergate staff, you will end up in jail eventually.

Yung-T, RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. MystikArkitect

Sadly this happens to a lot of people. They dont realize their pawns in a big game until it's too late.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It's amazing that Sondland gave Trump more money than he inherited from his father.

Rashmon, Ubiquitin, da_juice and 2 others like this.
  9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Ouch, dude -- Gen X 'til I die!

cml750, jiggyfly and Nook like this.
  10. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Pretty much. Sondland started off strong (if you’re for impeachment ) and then seemed to run into a wall. Like he told himself what the hell am I doing and then tried to go the other way. It was a very weird day.

Made me wonder if he was being bombarded by messages somehow and it made him change his mind.

And I don’t believe for one minute that Trump said “I want nothing 2x, I want no quid pro quo” sounds like total bs to me.

B-Bob, Yung-T, RayRay10 and 1 other person like this.
  11. NewRoxFan

12. NewRoxFan

This kills the trump lie that ukraine didn't even know the aid had been delayed.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Good lord, is there a link to more about this particular sharpie escapade? I'm just tuning in and don't even know when the photo was taken.

It's too bad we've had so much internet fun with fake sharpie stuff over the last many weeks.

da_juice likes this.
  14. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I miss when this meant something...

[​IMG]

Nook, mikol13, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  15. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

That's real? I thought it was a joke of some kind.

B-Bob and da_juice like this.
  16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

unhinged

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Utterly aside but why does Tim Cook debase himself by repeatedly associating with Trump?

Good way to ok boomer your brand. Just because Zuck did it doesn't mean it's good.

18. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I thought there were points scored on both sides with Sondland's testimony. The context he frames seems consistent with Volker's and Morrison's. He put to bed any question about there being a quid-pro-quo, but was ambiguous about what exactly that was. Seemed like an honest guy, like everyone else who's testified. It's a shame our politicians don't have the same integrity that these folks have.

It looks like Laura Cooper's testimony will be pretty damning. It's also curious that Schiff denied so many witnesses. I get Hunter Biden, but why not the DNC operative the Repubs asked for? I think that testimony is important and would probably shed light on the alleged 'hoax' regarding Ukraine's interference in the 2016 election.

I don't see Schiff kicking this up to the Senate knowing it will be voted down and potentially exposing DNC's antics during the 2016 election. It could blow up in his face. I think his objective has been achieved in that public opinion may be swayed in the Dem's favor.

I'm handicapping this: House recommending articles of impeachment @ +180

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Should have thought ahead but ended up stuck in Austin 290 traffic due to the dip$hit's motorcade.