1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action : 11/16/2019

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DreamShook, Nov 16, 2019.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

All times are CENTRAL
    -Visitor-HomeTime
    [​IMG] BROOKLYN (4-7)
    NETS
    [​IMG] CHICAGO (4-8)
    BULLS
    5:00 pm
    (NBATV)
    [​IMG] MILLY (8-3)
    BUCKS
    [​IMG] INDIANA (7-5)
    PACERS
    6:00 pm
    [​IMG] CHARLOTTE (5-7)
    HORNETS
    [​IMG] NY (3-9)
    KNICKS
    6:30 pm
    [​IMG] NO (3-8)
    PELICANS
    [​IMG] MIAMI (8-3)
    HEAT
    7:00 pm
    [​IMG] HOUSTON (9-3)
    ROCKETS
    [​IMG] MINNY (7-5)
    TIMBERWOLVES
    7:00 pm
    [​IMG] PORTLAND (4-8)
    TRAILBLAZERS
    [​IMG] SA (5-7)
    SPURS
    7:30 pm
    [​IMG] TORONTO (8-3)
    RAPTORS
    [​IMG] DALLAS (6-5)
    MAVERICKS
    7:30 pm
    [​IMG] ATLANTA (4-7)
    HAWKS
    [​IMG] LA (7-5)
    CLIPPERS
    9:30 pm

CLUTCH FORMAT

Vivi and Os Trigonum like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vivi likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nobody with a household name wants to play, interesting, I guess there is always Harden.

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Nets will also end up tanking, Irving can't do **** by himself and they're probably hurting LeVert's value since they just don't fit together (not a surprise, think about Boston last season), wouldn't be shocked if he'll end up taking a break like Curry at some point.

plutoblue11, BigShasta and hakeem94 like this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://twitter.com/tom_orsborn/

Pop scoffed at the notion this is a "new group" and needs time to get to know each other: "Yeah, I’m not buying that. It’s the same group as last year, isn’t it? Basically? Plus Dejounte."

Pop also said he's looking for a leader to step up, doesn't care who it is.

More from Pop: "We are looking for consistent competitiveness, consistent execution, some leadership, because we haven’t had much of any of those three categories on a consistent basis. It’s been spotty here and there, you see it, but it’s got to be way more consistent."

Pop also dismissed the suggestion that a shakeup to the lineup would ignite a spark: "It’s not about if I take somebody off the bench and start them, that’s not a panacea. These guys got to figure it out."

Pop essentially said players need to participate in their own recovery: "A lot of it is their desire, how badly they want it. When are you tired of losing? When are you gonna get it straight, look at yourselves and say, ‘It’s the same mistakes over & over & over again’?"

Pop also holds himself and his staff accountable: "We make mistakes too. Maybe we should have different people on the court at different times in the game. We are learning a little bit about that. After last year we kind of thought we knew who played well together."

Pop ends w/ this: "We’ve got to stay the course, believe in each other, as we believe if they do that, the worm will turn. But u have to believe, u have to want it. We can teach, we can demand, we can counsel, we can show film, we can do all those things, but they got to play."

Pop when asked if he's looking for any player in particular to step up as a leader: "“No. I don’t care who it is. Could be John Putzenhooken for all I care..."

#5 J.R., Nov 16, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    Vivi likes this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

cant help myself rooting for the raptors...they play great basketball

7. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

I see why the Bulls are so bad now, Lavine is such a ball hog that when other players get the ball, they feel like that’s their only chance to get a shot off or make a play. Dude had a major case of tunnel vision

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

I wonder if the SPurs will try to trade for CP3...that's basically the player Pop is talking about, and they wanted him in the past, if Derozan plans to leave in the summer (which is something i can totally see) they might be able to trade for Chris easily.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Spurs getting destroied at thome by Portland, down 23 after 15 minutes

DreamShook likes this.
  10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

They might trade, if it doesn't work out, next year. First, LeBron was overbearing, then the Celtics weren't giving him, enough touches and had too many ball-handlers and scorers.

LeBron and the Cavs, go back to the Finals, while the Celetics were also a game away from the Finals. Although, they lost Horrors and Kyrie (replaced with Kemba). The Celtics have the best record in the league, the Lakers have the 2nd best record and lead the Western Conference. The Cavs were at this point, when they had Kyrie, who is leading the Nets in a foot race to the bottom. Even though, they made the playoffs, last season. Go figure.

Vivi likes this.
  11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

So Luka has more free throws than the entire Toronto team. interesting. I wonder if anyone will bring that up.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Never been a fan of Irving, like i always said, amazing talent, but way overrated for some reason, i still laugh when they tried to talk him up for the MVP two years ago, dude had two 35 points games -> MVP...lol

plutoblue11 likes this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

no way they trade Kyrie. Kyrie and KD are a package.

J Sizzle likes this.
  14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Luka is a clone of Harden, basically. Give it 2-3 more years and he’ll be catching slander once the Mavs actual start to have expectations.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I disagree, they will celebrate Luka. People like Luka. I wonder why.

ElPigto and J Sizzle like this.
  16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

People loved Harden too. They always turn on dudes. ALWAYS. Nobody will be hated nearly as much as Harden is, but they will turn on him.

DreamShook likes this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Well we are definitely in the honeymoon period for Luka. They never turned on Nash just saying.

J Sizzle likes this.
  18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Giannis, Curry, Nash, and D-Wade are the main ones I can think of that dodged slander their entire career. I really can’t think of any others, though I’m sure I’m missing a few.

DreamShook likes this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Kawhi sitting out this game because of knee contusion and Bev out too.

20. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Paul George is going to be a problem :mad: