1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will Harden finish second in MVP voting this year to?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayhow92, Nov 14, 2019.

?

???

1. Lebron

93 vote(s)
    54.7%
  2. AD

23 vote(s)
    13.5%
  3. KL

3 vote(s)
    1.8%
  4. Giannis

37 vote(s)
    21.8%
  5. Other

14 vote(s)
    8.2%
  1. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

last year Gianns rely on Pacers brandon and Tony Snell, after they left. Bucks is not strong and unable to get 1st place in east. I think they will still look at the win results this year.

BaselineFade likes this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Giannis is top 2 with Lebron for MVP so far this season.

Laughable.

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

At this rate, Lebron might as well make his victory speech. Media's are salivating for another lebron mvp

4. arubato

arubato Member

AD just blocked Barnes for the win. MVP for sure

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Who’s gonna win?

Nike.

BamBam likes this.
  6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

At this point yes. I just do not see him keeping this up for an entire season. Injuries will take their toll on that team in the next 20-30 games. Dwight Howard. Anthony Davis. They will miss games and Lebron can not carry a team in the western conference.
    So I just really see him and the Lakers coming back down to earth at some point soon.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is pretty much a lock for Lebron.

Harden could average 50ppg and Lebron would still win it. Don't waste your energy on this one, not this year.

James.B.H and hakeem94 like this.
  8. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Hell, they would've given the 2018 MVP to him if they could've.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yep, i can even see them missing the playoffs entirely...

10. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

Seriously bro if he averages 40 ppg, 8 apg, and 1.5 spg with the Rockets at 2nd in the west he better win the damn mvp!
    Think about this:
    He’s #1 in scoring (#2 is 28% points less per game)
    #6 in assists
    #6 in steals

yet there is no story on espn talking about him. Lebron scores 30 and he’s all over sports center. It’s sickening.

D-rock likes this.
  11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lol, he averaged more than anyone not named Jordan or Wilt last year and led the league in total steals. And finished a distant 2nd.

Its like Trump. You should expect to be angry. But you should still get upset. This is not normal. This is shameful.

D-rock and hou$tonScrew$tonTX like this.
  12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I expect comrade LeBron to enter coast mode at some point and Harden will overtake him.

But if he plays 70 games and the Lakers win 60 he will get the MVP. The media desperately wants to give it to him, and they desperately don't want to give it to Harden. If LeBron even has a slight argument it's his.

I'm not even mad about it anymore, I've accepted the NBA's MVP nonsense.

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I’ll say it again — LeBron isn’t winning it with Anthony Davis playing at an MVP level right next to him. The media will come to their senses soon on that one. Not something to worry about.

Giannis is the odds on favorite. If he’s averaging 30, 14, and 6 and playing elite level defense to boot, and the Bucks are a top seed as well, he will probably win it again. FWIW, he’s also leading the MVP tracker on basketball-reference.com, which Morey has plugged in the past, just as he did last year.

Are we not over this MVP stuff? I feel like reality hits us hard in the face every postseason that these MVP awards really aren’t that important, and yet the regular season starts up and again it becomes our collective obsession.

14. thekad

thekad Member

Westbrook is so shockingly bad now, Harden might have a shot.

15. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

True. If Harden can elevate his play in the postseason and guide us to a championship that would mean more than all the MVPs in the world. I’m starving for another Rockets celebration. I was in the 4th grade when we won the 2nd championship. I used to listen to all the games that weren’t on tv bc my parents couldn’t afford cable.

D-rock likes this.
  16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Failing to win the title doesn’t negate what the regular season means.

MJ wouldn’t be MJ just based on his postseason career. Sustained dominance year after year after year ALL year.

We should all be over the moon that year after year we have an MVP level performance to watch for 82 games and not be so dismissive of it just because we haven’t broken through in the playoffs.

And I do agree by the way that Giannis still has a stranglehold on this thing.

D-rock likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Shameful is perfect word to describe the Harden bias.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

D-rock likes this.
  19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It’s entertaining, for sure. But that level of respect we’d all like to see Harden get is only coming if he can translate his heroics to the playoffs. Yes, he’s put up some nice averages, but those signature moments are lacking.

I was half expecting a more confident mid range attack from Harden this year, because that was sorely missed in the playoffs last year, and as well as he’s been scoring the ball of late I’m disappointed we are not seeing that.

James.B.H and J.R. like this.
  20. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i don't see him winning it unless we get the first seed over the lakers…..The fact of the matter is the media caters to L.A. They have so many fans and more ppl than us. its a big advantage...that's why Legler was still saying that Kawhi was better than James after we just played them...blah blah blah.....

James is going to have to shoot at least 40 percent from 3 the rest of the season, score 38 to 40 points a game, and a ridiculous amount of 40 point games for him to beat a #1 seeded LeBron team.