1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danuel House: The most important Rocket that not enough people know about

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Nov 11, 2019.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

**** Morey and Tilman for screwing us last year.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

**** you and swwwyguy and all the other **** posters for clogging up this board.

RudyTBag, Nook and alethios like this.
  3. JW86

JW86 Member

You got issues, deal with them ;)

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

It could be, but it depends on the motivation. Those Two-Way contracts are extremely cheap. But as with most things, probably a combination.

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Remember people like the rocket hater @sirbaihu hoping he would fail and taking glee in bad games?

so happy house is proving the haters wrong!

saleem and kjayp like this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

It depends on how well he would've played. In an environment where Julius Randle made 15M its hard not to see DHouse make at least 10M if he was able to showcase all his skills last year. Morey and Tillman can negotiate all they want but House will still go to the team with the highest amount of cash.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

???
    What is so headscratching about it? At the end of the day all seeding gives you is a psychological advantage that somehow the fans watching are gonna make your team win.

The cold, hard truth is it doesn't matter who is watching or where they are playing unless it's like Denver or something with a diffirent environment. Again, Raptors beat two no 1 seeds on the way to a championship I guess that's pretty head scratching to you, huh?

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Making House look terrible last year was fantastic for us this year. 3 years for 11 is ridiculous... :D

da_juice, jcmoon and roslolian like this.
  9. roslolian

roslolian Member

3 years 3M. Money talks.

All these other things are just speculations we can't really say for certain what would've could've should've happened but House getting locked down at a great deal for multiple years is proof LTS did wonders on him.

jcmoon and hakeem94 like this.
  10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I’m happy he’s playing well and we kept him and both sides are happy. He’s had a solid start to the season.

But there is so much more for him to do for him to be a key piece for title contention. He needs to be more than a player who’s worth more than his contract.

He was not that helpful in the playoffs last year. Maybe it was because of the time missed. Time will tell.

Relativist likes this.
  11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I mean what else do you want from a gleague player? playing better than 3rd highest paid clint, solid defense next to Tucker, efficient 3 pt scorer best on the team

if anything MDA has to devise plays for him to have more looks from behind the arc

saleem likes this.
  12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I am in the 1% of the 2% club that thinks he will retire a NBA Champion.

don grahamleone, slothy420 and J.R. like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

House admits that he played hurt and like crap in playoffs. He actually admires D'Antoni for pulling him out of the rotation.

Would be interested to see if the CFers who crucified MDA for not leaving House in during playoffs are going to admit they know jack now.

14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'd say 75% of CF said he was 'nothing special' and were all butthurt that he didnt take Morey's lowball offer and succumb to his strong arm tactics...
    and 25% of us gave him props for believing in himself!

I'm glad it worked out and we were able to retain him!

15. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I want him to do it all season and the playoffs. Sorry my wording wasn’t clear. I more was emphasizing that he hasn’t done anything yet, small sample size. Just some people are talking as if he’s clearly a difference maker. Look at his first half tonight, 0 for 2 and little use.

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL you say 9 games is a small sample size then you bring up less than 20 minutes of 0 for 2 shooting

even harden and tucker are 0 for 7 combined right now

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. TRIQSTER

TRIQSTER Contributing Member

Back contusion ...out for the rest of the game

saleem and CertifiedTroll like this.
  18. thekad

thekad Member

Are all these terrible posts being made by Tilman and his family?

Shut up, listen, and pray to emperor God Tilman every morning. Amen.

19. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I’m not going by my sample size. Both aren’t defining samples. Yes your sample size is much bigger than mine. I’m just saying let’s not blow our load over this start and act like we know signing him earlier would have meant a more successful season last year. I hope he keeps it up.

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Sad. I hope he will be well for the next game.