1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

8 games in do we still luv WB?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Nov 9, 2019.

?

How are you feeling about WB?

1. Brodie has been a god

2. Overall, Brodie has been solid

3. Brodie's been dissapointing

4. Should have kept CP3

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Asian Sensation

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you look at his regular season numbers compared to the playoffs his FG% drops, turnovers increase and his PER takes a dive.

Teams don’t typically double Harden in the playoffs and they usually don’t even guard WB beyond 16 ft and dare him to shoot.

ronclone and harold bingo like this.
  2. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

wait what teams font typical double harden in the playoffs lol.ahhh they do lol. if they wanna win. when we lost to gsw last year they doubled harden every possession.

HP3 and vlaurelio like this.
  3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am refraining from judgment. We haven't played a lot of tough teams yet. Let's see more.

So far we played only two good teams, both losses. Westbrook played well against the Bucks and terribly against the Heat.

manlisten, Deckard and AroundTheWorld like this.
  4. Asian Sensation

lol ahhh no they don’t lol. The Jazz played Rubio on Harden most of the time straight up and forced him to drive to the paint where Gobert was waiting.

GSW gave Harden many different looks on defense but they never made it a point to flat out double team him on a regular basis.

They trapped and switched but for the most part they let him ISO and go 1 on 1 usually with Iguodala, Klay or Dray defending and forced him to take a deep contested three. The only time they didn’t like playing Harden straight up was when we ran the pick & roll and got Curry to switch on to Harden 1 on 1.

MD_in_Training likes this.
  5. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

even if they weren't hard doubling harden, so are soft doubling him with help defenders sagging and helping on the drive...Utah can afford to do that Rubio defense because they have gobert waiting down there....these defenses still free someone else up with space....

HP3 likes this.
  6. thekad

thekad Member

Chris Paul is shooting 43% from three and playing great defense.

ronclone likes this.
  7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

16 points and 5 assist for 40 million dollars a year.

D-rock likes this.
  8. today

today Contributing Member

I LOOOOOVE seeing him in transition attacking the rim, and also penetrating into the paint and kicking it out for a wide open 3.

My only frustration: I still don't understand why we're seeing 2-4 midrange jumpers from him each game. He should have learned by now to eliminate these. Take jumpers inside the paint or out of a post up. I guess coach is just giving him space to adjust on his own...

Hakeemtheking and D-rock like this.
  9. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

lol the last 5 mins of game six...n fyi a trap is a double team lol. it's two guys on him.

10. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

He’s been solid. He would be better if he can cut out that mid range pull up. Maybe they could start running plays from there instead of letting him go 1:1? Ya right.

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Never loved him. He is the reason our defense is complete garbage. He is the reason our spacing isn't what it used to be. If there is any solid trade package out there for him they should jump on it as soon as they can.

AroundTheWorld and J.R. like this.
  12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I’ve seen LeBron barrel down the lane and extend his elbow and Ariza go flying out of bounds followed by LeBron
    putting up the layup......foul on Ariza.

I’ve seen in the past Harden/Gordon defending against Paul George and not even phasing PG, Tucker somewhat
    slowing PG in the 4th quarter.

I’ve seen Kawhi be Kawhi.

I would like to see the Rockets get a PF who can shoot, which would allow Tucker to help at SF (or where LeBron,
    PG or Kawhi move to). I would feel better against the L.A. teams......it appears their strength may be our weakness.

We will also have our hands full with AD (Lakers) and Harrell (Clippers) getting all the boards if Capela is occupied
    with Dwight Howard/ JaVale McGee (Lakers) or Zubac (Clippers)

It would be nice if Gordon hit his shots, but it’s inportant to get some stops. I felt like the Rockets worked too
    hard last playoffs and gave up too easy of points at the rim. In a tough playoff series vs the best well rounded
    teams it sometimes comes down to who can make a stop or two. The L.A. teams can play both offense and
    defense as currently constructed.

Can he Rockets join them? Rockets defensive rating with House on the court is good and the offensive rating is not too shabby. I would like another SF with size to join him. Question is will D’Atoni trust House in the playoffs?
    House numbers as a starter in the regular season might have been greater last year, with exception to points.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

It's a good thing Harden owns the Blazers then.

lionaire likes this.
  14. thekad

thekad Member

League worst shooting and league worst defense for $40 million a year, a longer contract and the loss of multiple first round picks.

BeBreezy, manlisten and ronclone like this.
  15. rockets13champs

I’m waiting for peak hyped up russ to show up. We need to play a good opponent for that. Like I’m waiting him to dunk on someone’s face. (Lebron pls)

D-rock likes this.
  16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Depends what season you are talking about. He has a couple of the most historic playoffs runs of all times statistically. Ridiculous +- stats...

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

One of the league’s best players, 4 years younger, for 2 likely late first round picks that have long odds to become impactful NBA players.

Newsflash: Harden is going to be Harden 5 years from now. The dude is going to age like fine wine.

D-rock, cml750 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  18. Asian Sensation

lol... Clutchfans where mastering one legged 3 pointers and dunking on opponents faces reign supreme.

19. Asian Sensation

The last 2 years he’s been +4 and +4.8 in the regular season.

In the playoffs he’s been -8.6 and -6

manlisten likes this.
  20. Asian Sensation

Did you not originally say “they doubled Harden every possession.” That’s flat out wrong. Now you’re saying just the last 5 mins of game six? They played him straight up the majority of the time.