1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Heat 11/3/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 2, 2019.

1. TimDuncanDonaut

If we lose, we should try to lose with by a smaller margin. Find something positive to build on and carry over to the next game.

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Russ needs to stay disciplined right now. He keeps trying to go for the steal and he isn't getting it and it's putting us out of position.

bro2044 likes this.
  3. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Lol Jimmy what a flop. He had nowhere to go a dropped on minimal contact.

4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I can't believe I'm over here like "If they can just cut it to a 20 point deficit by half time.

MrSabotage likes this.
  5. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Just remember we can't tank because we traded away all our picks for the next decade.

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Morey will get hired somewhere else immediately while Dantoni will be done as a head coach in this league.

7. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Could have at least tried out our younger players. Good thing mike sent them to the d league instead

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

"Give Chris Clemons more shots. That's all I got to say for the time being." - Calvin

9. JW86

JW86 Member

Let the losing streak commence, trade Capela, maybe Tucker and Gordon. Sorry but Tucker not getting an extension and we need size so I’d listen to offers. Tucker also deserves a better team and I wouldn’t even think about re-signing w Houston. Too many guys who don’t work as hard as me, ****, I’d request a trade.

jerryclark likes this.
  10. fattz

fattz Member

Pull our all world players

11. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Lmao Iman Shumpert

jerryclark likes this.
  12. Marteen

Marteen Member

Got ‘em right where they want ‘em.

13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

our slow starts will kill us long term. we have actually won the second quarter...............

14. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I seem to recall this last year too and instead we wasted the season by not winning anything... lottery, Harden's MVP or the title.

This season will probably ruin Harden and WB's "friendship" and some big roster overhaul will happen.

nomiz1987 likes this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You now trying to strawman when I said it was about getting lay-ups and threes...but the Rockets care a lot more about the latter.

I said Morey ball is putting an over reliance on 3 point shooting, this is obvious, we've been doing this since McHale has been coach, everyone in the NBA knows this, talks about it, it's our thing, for you to say it isn't...well that's on you.

MDA Suns was true pace and space, not many teams actually do that, which people get confused with just spacing out the floor or spreading out the floor with bigs that can shoot but many teams do not get the "Pace" thing right, which is what the Rockets have been missing before getting Westbrook. The Suns were not Moreyball, they literally shot thousands of fewer threes per year than the Rockets, it is clear you have little idea what you're talking about here, you're arguing to argue because you are saying the same damn thing as I am.

"Again Moreyball says just limit mid range shots"

This is exactly what I've said, but it's more than that, it's an over reliance on threes too and the only 2 point shot we prefer is a layup, inside the paint, this makes our offense terribly predictable, which has always been a complaint, not just around here, but guys who coached and played too.

MDA's coaching isn't non-existent, he's doing what Rocket coaches have done since being here, the difference now is that our defense is now complete garbage (that is thanks to the coaching staff) and also because we can't make shots...so this is what you get.

16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

At this point I could care less how many points Harden and CO score. If they want to impress hold a team under 100 points for a damn game.

17. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol how do u get to firing morey before mda lol. This is caoching....n fyi remember tillman sqid pull the trigger on the trade. I love west...just sqying dont know how its more y fault..play on the cpurt im curios

18. PWR

PWR Member

Westbrook....smfh

19. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Rockets are balanced they can't shoot or play defense.

Crashlanded19 and ksny15 like this.
  20. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Nice perimeter defensive effort by Harden led to open 3.