1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No warriors this year....and this is what we roll out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Nov 2, 2019.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This would only happen to the ****ing rockets.

Tankeio, A00man, B-Bob and 5 others like this.
  2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Just a reminder, Rockets looked like complete ass last season to start out. Even worst than this season.

A little patience goes a long way. I'm hopeful that our defense will improve. Not top 10 improve, but hopefully mid tier.

KePoW, Mazulis, Lawlruschang and 17 others like this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

Then Morey can at least work with that to get a player that can actually boost us top 10.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

What are you talking about? Murray built the Rockets to beat the Warriors. He finally accomplish that goal this year.

Time to celebrate!

KePoW, Mazulis, elrond and 21 others like this.
  5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Sadly I have no hope there. Our only asset is Capela. We can't lose him and not add another center even if we add a good 3/4.

Sajan likes this.
  6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Rockets re-did basically half their rotation last year AND brought Bzdelik back.

Neither of those things are happening this year. This is the defense their going to roll with, barring a seriously unexpected turnaround.

Ramo$e, Sajan and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  7. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

And our D turned around as soon as we re-signed Bzdelik.

Thats not going to happen this year. As I predicted, our D is going to be trash all season

BigggReddd and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  8. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

That’s BS...they just started trying. One defensive coach doesn’t change things that much

9. smp

smp Member

Defense is about effort and scheming. JVG could get a group of scrubs to be a top 10 defense. The problem is they would only score 82 points.

I think we need a different coach. We need someone who really cares about both sides of the ball- not just offense, not just defense.

Rudy T and Rick Adelman were able to balance it. MDA and Bzdelik were able to work it out together but when Bzdelik isn’t here, like now and the beginning of last year, our defense is trash. MDA needs help. I think we need a balanced or defensive leaning head coach and MDA can be the offensive genius or go away.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

which might be 100% congruent with winning the championship

Gray_Jay, RudyTBag and HP3 like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

in fact as soon as we signed bzdelik our defense got worse, defense was already headed to the right track and very solid 5 or so games before bzdelik come back

so why not give this defense a chance?

12. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

Lolz, for all intensive purposes, we better destroy the warriors in the regular season haha. And tell draymond about it

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i bet you any money we arent destrying them... ill be hapy with 1 point wins....harden is not very good garbage time player

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Interesting stat. Hopefully it bears out, but at the same time, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that every team we’ve played has had their best offensive game.

answer is probably somewhere in the middle

BasketMAD and Y2JT like this.
  15. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

We looked like ass the beginning of last season too and all those losses costed us late in the season for home court in round 2.

I'd say the same thing will happen again to us this season when home court is even more important.

jerryclark likes this.
  16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fantastic facts, putting peeps in their place. :)

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Does Dantoni even care about offensive scheming anymore?

It seems like has resorted to be just being Harden's ball boy allowing him to do anything on offense with zero structure. Do we even run an offense?

Dantoni is inept. He can run a good efficient offensive scheme when he has coachable stars like Nash. He's irellevent when he has primadonnas like Harden.

ronclone likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

ThE sToRy ShOuLd Be HoW wE'rE fAvOrItEs In ThE wEsT
    GrEeN lIgHt To BuSt ThE bUdGeT
    WiN aT aLl CoStS
    WhAtEvEr It TaKeS

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

Bzdelik came back and the Rockets defense was still trash until after the ASB

dudes acting like he came back and then the defense immediately took off from there...

nice tweets @hakeem94

JW86, ElPigto and jerryclark like this.
  20. smp

smp Member

Good question. I’m not sure what he does and doesn’t do. All I know is we score plenty of points to win a game. We give up too many points though. I’ll give him credit for the offense but with that comes criticism for the defense. It’s all on the head coach at the end of the day.