1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] World Series: Astros vs. Nationals

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Elienator

Elienator Member

I see Bagwell and Biggio are throwing out the first pitch tonight. Don't know if someone already made the joke that it's a sign the Astros are definitely going to choke now :)

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You guys are talking about regular season games and I'm talking about post-season games.

Post-season games are harder than regular season games.

Holding a team to 1 run in the post-season would be a phenomenal thing. That's why there has been only 2 post-season no hitters in all of history.

YOLO and Htown Stros like this.
  3. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Greinke got this you guys! Let’s go!!

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Oh, if the stros win we will hear all about pitch tipping and how the umpires and MLB wanted Houston of all teams to win. Already hearing other fans say that the Umpires just LOOOOOOOOOOVE the Astros.

Red.Glare likes this.
  5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The biggest screwjob in this series so far is the catchers interference that wasn't called in Game 1. We could've very well tied that one had Reddick been on base instead of out. And that game was decided by a single run.

Sure, there were bad calls in Game 5, but the Astros won that one comfortably. Same with Game 6 where there were calls that screwed both sides(Brantley's BS 3rd strike in the 1st inning kept it from being 3-1 instead of 2-1). The Nats won 7-2, so it's silly to blame the umps for the final outcome.

JayGoogle likes this.
  6. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

7. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

Yeah I agree, but everything I've seen on this today is still about the Nats being cheated even with the win. So with that in mind, an Astros win probably would of been seen as illegitimate even with Rendon's homer coming right after. Some in the fickeled media blaming the Astros as if they're umpiring the game.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Oooh, I might have tickets........someone at work has a pair of extras........ooooh...baby....

DD

Tomstro likes this.
  9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

They never f**king do things the easy way.

But i don't doubt them, this group has proven itself time and time again when it comes to adversity.

Marteen and mikol13 like this.
  10. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Looks like many Astros fans have little faith that they will win tonight. Game 7 tickets are going for the least of any game so far in the series. $350 SRO, $550 for side field level.

everyday eddie likes this.
  11. count_dough-ku

Well that's because everyone wants to stay home and watch the Rockets play.

CK Johnson and Os Trigonum like this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dear god the Rockets are a mess right now........

DD

13. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Good thing we have our 2017 game 7 hero CFM going tonight...oh wait we let him walk over $30M for TWO years and ended up replacing him a couple months later with an even older pitcher, who has with way more mileage on his arm, that has a serious anxiety disorder and has never been a great performer in the playoffs. Oh and we had to give up some prospects to get him and pay him basically the same amount Charlie got for ONE year. I'm a huge Lunhow guy and I think he's a top 5-10 GM in the US big three sports...but man that decision to let CFM may be the one that haunts him the rest of his career. IMO it's by far the worst decision/move he's made here and it might end up being the difference between winning another WS/becoming a dynasty.

I still truly believe we win tonight but still it would be nice having Charlie on the mound tonight. Also, FWIW I think Greinke's past playoff struggles have a lot to do with his disorder - he's forced to do a ton of interviews, there are way more cameras and reporters following you around...oh and then terrible people/fans of the opposing teams yell unspeakable things at him while he's warming up in the bullpen before the game.

everyday eddie and Red.Glare like this.
  14. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

I don't believe that for a second. He was just adding fuel to the fire.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

A 2-1 mess. Oh the humanity.

Os Trigonum and BigM like this.
  16. count_dough-ku

A mess that's still 2-1. I'll take that over last year's start.

17. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I hope so. The more I noodle it the more irritated I get. I really think the NAT's held Scherzer back. While Cortisone is some good stuff. Scherzer is 35. You mean to tell me he woke up and had to have his wife tuck his junk in his pants he was in so much pain to throwing catch last night and declaring he is healed? I am not buying it. NAT's play Max vs Cole and good chance Cole takes it. Nats come to houston down 3-2 with Stras and Martin / Sanchez going. Hold him back and you never know. Ross could have risen to the occasion but if he didn't you have
    Stras vs a winless JV in game 6 and then Max vs Greinke game 7. They are maximizing their pitching studs in that scenario.

This is just like intentionally walking Bregman. Make them pay ZACH. Stick it right in their exit only place.

18. count_dough-ku

Eh, I don't buy it. Cole vs Scherzer in DC is at worst a tossup for the Nationals. Cole vs Ross heavily favored the Astros. And not surprisingly, the Astros easily won that game. No manager will concede a 3-2 deficit like that and put his team in a situation where they must win two more games on the road.

19. Stros66

Stros66 Member

Zack the bend but don’t break pitcher better have his stuff tonight.

20. Elienator

Elienator Member

Zach Greinke: "I feel like I give up a lot of hits."

It seems like these are interviews are more difficult for him than any situation on the mound.