1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danuel House starting opening night

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Oct 22, 2019.

?

Who should be starting?

Poll closed Jan 30, 2020.
  1. EG

25 vote(s)
    15.3%
  2. House

138 vote(s)
    84.7%
  1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The numbers are clear...

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I think Sefelosha might the better fit, but he can't take starting minute loads at his age, so I'm happy with House starting. Much prefer House over Gordo starting, we need more size in our starting lineup, and we need a scoring spark off the bench when Harden sits.

RichieBanks, amaru and FrontRunner like this.
  3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I was comparing this years preseason pace to last years regular season.

Clearly an effort to push the pace is being made.

FrontRunner likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

well yeah that's a given but that was obvious once wb was acquired. one of the big questions is what impact this has on the team overall

5. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Good. The Clippers and Lakers have huge starting 5s, and Gordon is so valuable with that second unit.

amaru and FrontRunner like this.
  6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

lol well it wasn’t obvious to the poster I replied to who said that the offense is clearly not changing

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

how much is really changing though outside of a slightly higher pace. from what we've seen so far, there's still little actual movement and a ton of iso ball. the majority of the offense were used to is still there.

8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Increasing your pace by 13ish possessions per game is a gigantic change.

Our half court offense has been historically GREAT for years and should continue to be because we rely on the best isolation wing player in NBA history.

Big changes to what we do in the halfcourt was never going to be a thing. We are unbelievably good at it.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

the number in the preseason doesn't typically translate fully over to the actual season. you gotta remember a lot of guys that played won't actually be part of the regular rotation. and people like tyson and ryno etc will be. and the extra possessions are only beneficial if the efficiency is there.

10. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

I don't like it.

I F*CKING LOVE IT.

hakeem94 and amaru like this.
  11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Read the tweet I copied from JR in my post a couple back....

“Pace and style of play stats from the preseason have a stronger correlation to regular season than efficiency.....”

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

ok. also doesn't account for a defense that possibly may be worse and that definitely doesn't go hand in hand with more possessions

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Dude this is the 2nd time recently you have hopped into a discussion I was a part of with the most out of nowhere crap that has nothing to do with the original conversation....

Poster 1: “ our offense is clearly not changing”
    My response : “ stats show a significant change in offensive pace, wouldn’t be so quick to say nothing is changing”
    You : “ our pace last preseason was 103”

Like what are you even saying there with that bit of info?

Now you just keep moving the goal posts trying to recover.

I didn’t say anything about how pace would effect efficiency or that would we would keep up a 111 possession pace. Hell I didn’t even say I’m happy with the increase in pace. ALL I said to the poster who said that the offense is not changing was that it very clearly is changing based on these pace numbers.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

what was I saying? I was saying the pace was 103. I think that's pretty simple. moving goal posts about what. there's nothing to recover. its no secret there's a ton of questions about the team. you're taking this a bit way too personal. relax

16. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Better on offense. Gordon is a disaster on defense and House is good on that end.

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

What does you saying our preseason pace last year was 103 have to do with the conversation? That’s what I’m trying to figure out.

If your point was our preseason pace was 103 last year but we still played slower at 98 during the regular season... OK I get that, but it doesn’t at all disprove what I’m saying here.

Very likely we don’t finish this regular season at as high of a pace as this preseason, but it seems very clear comparing these numbers that pace is going up significantly compared to the last couple of years. Even if we go from 111 this preseason to say 105. That’s a 7 possession change from last regular season to this season. That is a BIG change to the way we play offense.

You moved the goal posts from a discussion on our drastic change in pace to what our efficiency will be on these extra possessions. That was never a part of his post or my responding post.

I’m calm. Just still trying to figure out what in the hell you are trying to say that relates to the post I responded to and what that response said.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

It was a correction. to be consistent you use numbers from preseason to preseason. not season to preseason but I guess the inconsistency there doesn't bother you. and I'm not even going to get into how the playoff numbers will be different as well. yes its pretty much a given the rockets are going to play a little faster. but that does come with some effect on both sides of the ball. its called a discussion. not everything is always about some moving the goal post rant. again relax

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

lol There’s nothing to correct and I’m not giving incorrect or inconsistent info.

I gave the right information including the point where the tweet says looking at pace and style of play in a preseason has a strong correlation to pace and style of play for that upcoming season.

I understand discussion but you haven’t said anything pertinent to the discussion. And I agree everything isn’t always about moving the goal posts. Other than the instances where someone moves the goal posts. Which you did.

If I had to guess this is why you responded..... you disagree with the premise that our offense is changing at all. The existence of a drastic change in pace hurts that argument so you tried to(very poorly) discredit the validity of our increase in pace this preseason by throwing out last years preseason pace. Once you realized that you weren’t going to win that one you switched it to questioning our efficiency on our extra possessions. And finally landed on “its obvious there are a ton of questions about the team”

Which would have been pertinent to the discussion if the discussion you jumped into was...

Poster 1 : “there are a lot of questions about the team”
    Me : “no there isn’t. Look at these pace numbers....”
    You : “rabble rabble rabble”

But this is almost an exact copy of our last back in forth from a month or so ago. So I will end it here.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

the tweet wasn't part of the post i corrected so yeah there's incorrect info there. inconsistency at the least bc the tweet was later posted. but anyways moving along

as far as offense, its a given that the pace would pick up as I've stated numerous times. well that should be understood really. the question was how much and then all of a sudden you took it all personal. but the majority of the offense again remains the same from what we've seen thus far. iso will still be the primary offense along with pnr. and perimeter shots.