1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A letter from Joe Tsai

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jeffrey523, Oct 7, 2019.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Yeah, China looks so much greater when you're not living there.

rfrocket, D-rock, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  2. Icepiano

Icepiano Member

Why are you telling me it’s the opposite when I’m telling you my personal experience?

3. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

This. @Clutch , it's been overdue for you to break out the ban hammer. Or let your site get overwhelmed with Chinese communist trolls, who have been spinning everything in a pro-Beijing manner, and throw racism accusations at anyone disagreeing.

Just my opinion. I'd love for this part of the site to get back to discussing Rockets Basketball.

rfrocket, joshuaao, dachuda86 and 4 others like this.
  4. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

[QUO
    Hmm, why? What's your issue with freedom of speech now?

I don't need your answer, all I need is you guys to feel that anger for a moment. That's what Morey did to many rockets fans, not the CCP.

5. malakas

malakas Member

We have no real country that we can be proud of?

LMAO only china is worth to be proud of! GTFO

I a foreigner, love China more than you.

Because I want the best for all chinese and not to be killed off in gulags.

You only want to fill your wallet while your own neighbours die.

rfrocket, Yung-T and clutchdabear like this.
  6. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Let me ask you this simple question :

for people living in the mainland China, majority of them don't really trust the LOCAL CHINA news from the government controlled CCTV. This is a fact and I don't expect you to argue and lie to yourself for even this point.

So what happen to those people when there are 'incidents' or breaking news happened in China? they go to Weibo or Wechat and look for UNEDITED clips from whatever medias they trusted or just from simple normal people.

Also, streaming is extremely popular in China, you have many platforms, although most of them are heavily censored of course, but you always believe and trust more on what you see LIVE rather than from clips that the CCTV wanted to tell you.

So, if that's the case, how can you abandon this simple logic when it comes to FOREIGN NEWS.

There are many LIVE stream everyday on Youtube, every hour regarding the "riots" in Hong Kong.

How many of them were broadcasting and hosted by China medias? almost NONE. Is it because they do not have the access? NO.

Because they are afraid to show you the LIVE stream for pictures they may not want you to see and hence you always are being spoon feed with edited clips with purposes.

If you still fail to understand this simple logic, no one else can help you.

If you want to know the truth, spend hours to watch those streams, there are different medias with different point of views. Thats the truth you can learn.

Yung-T and clutchdabear like this.
  7. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

You failed miserably on making lies .

At least try to have some decency and dignity, if you are living in China and think China is so great, WTF you want to move to the US and STAY.

You are more pathetic than those poor ignorant guys living there trying to defend their country (or actually their dictator).

malakas likes this.
  8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

That was kind of a useless statement by Tsai. He didn't really say anything??

9. Icepiano

Icepiano Member

So you are saying that All Americans living and working abroad should just move back to the US? Your argument is flawed and weak.

Calling me pathetic doesn't help your argument, as I've said before, making personal attacks means you have no more valid arguments to make.

I'm sorry I don't fit your stereotypical "Chinese people living in China are only fed CCP news and therefore brainwashed" argument

I'm sorry that you're just realizing now that after living in both countries and seeing the whole story, people can still support China.

How is that possible? come out of your bubble and you might find out.

10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Did i ever tell you to go back to your country?

Try harder.

I have seen people like you, in fact many before.

You are simply one of those who always think you are superior than the one whose still living there because you can now make a better living in here, with more income, lower housing cost, and cleaner air and better environment also for your kids. You never intended to try to understand the US culture and value here because you still have the same ignorant belief in your blood. Many like you may not even willing to give up on your China citizenship yet, the fact remain not because your piers really love the country but rather enjoying the benefits from there such as owning a house or still receiving pensions. You trust money and power more than those other American values here and hence that's the exact reason you can still show your superior feeling in your friends group on Wechat.

You are nothing but just a carbon copy of what's the true value of the society there, just more laughable.

jjc1, malakas, Gray_Jay and 1 other person like this.
  11. MystikArkitect

He said hai china plz become nets fans thx

HoustonTexas likes this.
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Joe lost credibility when he says, "1.4 billion Chinese citizens stand united..."

Yeah right. :rolleyes:

Mazulis, Plowman, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Time out, please. I am speaking to only what I know, and I know, or think I do, this society.

malakas likes this.
  14. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Not useless at all. He out and out told the CCP: Invest with me and my team, and I'll make you look good. I'll never cause you to lose face, I'll help you share your views and build your brands, and you can buy Nets gear instead of Rockets.

And did it in a way most people won't object to.

xiki, malakas and Yung-T like this.
  15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Well... ok... to me that's pretty useless, lol. Glad it helps his pocket-book... not sure it otherwise helps the situation in any way.

16. WNBA

WNBA Member

Americans have very closed minds. They do not accept different views other than what they are told on their media.

give it up. The distance between USA and China is definitely way more than a planet.

bearrider, freyzhang and Icepiano like this.
  17. Icepiano

Icepiano Member

And the benefits, pensions, and owning a house that you spoke of were all made possible because of the rapid development that China has seen in the past decades under the Chinese government. Thank you for just proving my point that my government has done a great job for my country!

You literally just said "if you think China's so great, stay in China" is that not telling me to go back?

bearrider likes this.
  18. Icepiano

Icepiano Member

Agreed.

freyzhang likes this.
  19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Except this country is free to like what they want. 1/2 the people hated Colin Kaepernick. Half of them loved him.Do you think that would be the same in china? You aren't free to express your belief.

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

don't ban the chinese propagandists.. I love laughing at them.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.