1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A letter from Joe Tsai

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jeffrey523, Oct 7, 2019.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Then you don't have real elections and you have no proof to say what the chinese people believe about the government.
    When there is only choice to vote for.

2. desperatewife

desperatewife Member

Every time you post a pro-protest video clip. I can find two anti-protest video clips. You know what. Although you believe most chinese were brainwashed by CCP, 99.9% mainlanders believe the grvnment did the right thing to suppress riot at tianangmen square 30 years ago. No matter what western mainstream media evilize it, after that incident, Chinese econony was booming. China become the second largest economy in the world and almost a billiion chinese were out of poverty. otherwise China would become the next soviet union. Yes, HK can keep riot but without China support, Ukraine in 2014 already set up a good example for HK - become the poorest country in europe and living cost going up continously after successful revolution. Sorry my thought does not comply with universal value which you guys think always right.

bearrider and Icepiano like this.
  3. Icepiano

Icepiano Member

Bro I’ve been in the US for 15 years. Funny how you are still using that argument again me.

4. Icepiano

Icepiano Member

Exactly. They don’t get it.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The damage from childhood brainwashing is a life long effect.

The reaction by the Chinese government over a tweet is all the confirmation I need to believe all the reporting of the draconian government in China.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  6. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Why are you not living in China? China is the greatest country in the world. It is very strong according to @kyle7758521. Is China not enough for you? How dare you have such an evil thought? You are a sellout!

7. malakas

malakas Member

15 years of having the priviledge of enjoying freedom of speech and democracy yet still supports genocidal dictators. Hypocrite.

D-rock and Yung-T like this.
  8. malakas

malakas Member

Yes I value lives over money. You don't , you rather have a second car than your neighbour being alive.

rfrocket, Yung-T and xiki like this.
  9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'm guessing that your answer is also a guess. If it's not, please at least qualify or quantify your response. There's enough rhetoric running around on this issue.

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Relax. At the very least arguments can be safely made. Not always intelligently but nevertheless openly and without fear of suppression.

D-rock likes this.
  11. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

There is no Absolute of it, your stubbornness just drive me crazy..
    that's called global exchanges. there are also tons of Americans living in China.
    Even though there were people immigrating outa of China (nowadays less and less), because we are a country that had been developing fast through the years. Even for those people who live abroad, in their deep heart, there is the motherland.. for you guys, it is very difficult to understand the meaning of Motherland, cause you have no real country that you can be that proud of.

Icepiano likes this.
  12. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I am very proud of HK and our Cantonese heritage, but not so proud of the Chinese government.

malakas likes this.
  13. Icepiano

Icepiano Member

No it’s more like

When I lived in China: China is great!
    When I first moved to the US: and these guys are saying China is real bad. Let me read up on them.
    1st year in the US: Damn! China so bad! So many human rights abuse! Go NYT! WSJ!
    5 years in the US: hmm I wonder why they are painting an incomplete picture of China. It ain’t as bad as they say.
    10+ year in the US: Damn. The real brainwashing is done here in the US. They really are doing whatever it takes to demonize China.
    15 years in the US: US propaganda machine is far more successful than propaganda in China. I mean, just look at the comments on Clutchfans...at least we have an open mind and are open to discussions. Not so much the other side.

14. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Since China is so great, you should live in China instead.

malakas likes this.
  15. Icepiano

Icepiano Member

I can make the same arguments in China too. You just THINK I can’t. That’s the entire point. You guys make assumptions based on what MSM tells you. But you don’t really know China

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

No it's the exact opposite.

One sentence, one sentence in a deleted tweet and China if triggered to all hell. That is the exact opposite of willing to open discussion. If they were willing to meet halfway the concessions he has already made would have been enough. Chinas gross overreactions pretty much confirms everything we believe about their authoritarian habits.

D-rock, clutchdabear, JVL713 and 3 others like this.
  17. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

it is really difficult for you guys to understand, who has been living in a glamours world..

just like the statement of Joe, you need to go back a bit of the history of China and Chinese people. We were invaded, we were bullied, just not long ago (70 years or so). It has been quite a journey for us Chinese to clime the ladders and get to today. I think that also explains why we are more protective, especially when it comes to country sovereignty and dignity.

bearrider likes this.
  18. Icepiano

Icepiano Member

I can think China is great and still live in the US. That’s the beauty of it.

19. msn

msn Member

So, it's not OK for Daryl Morey to support folks in HK who'd like the freedom to vote, but it is OK for you make this statement?

5000 innocent people were alive until they were not. Not cool, man. Not. Cool.

malakas likes this.
  20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

@Clutch, let the purge begin...

clutchdabear, Yung-T and tinman like this.