1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bring Back Donatas Motiejunas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jb86, May 24, 2019.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Brilliant!

DD

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

LOL a guy playing in China is the difference maker in winning a championship? Drugs must be really good nowadays in H-Town.

3. chinese

chinese Member

I wrote 200 words to praise him but saying no coming back to NBA since the pace and physicality of the game today.
    Right before I post, the browser crashed, and all my typing lost. it just imply how misfortune DMo’s NBA career was.
    He will be remembered as unfortunate yet very skilled big who can shot with both hands as EX rockets!

snowconeman22, hakeem94 and Easy like this.
  4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Oh give it up!

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yes, let's bring him back. Then throw him to the wolves.

6. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

DMO looks better than any of our PF want a b’s. He can also play backup center better than anybody currently on the roster. I would love to have him back.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

just because you're probably the best player on a horrendous team doesn't mean you're actually that good but i guess its still hard for some to understand that. there's a reason why he's on that particular team in the first place

8. Moahst

Moahst Member

The knock I've heard on current DMo is that injuries to his back have crippled his lateral mobility. What made him such a good team defender during his hayday in Houston was that he was always in the right place on rotations and help. I heard one scout say injuries have destroyed his ability to get to the right place but last night I saw him come flying in to take a few charges and do those little things that cerebral defenders do well. I think DMo is a huge upgrade over Hartenstein and that alone should be enough to give him another chance for the Rockets.

hakeem94, snowconeman22 and leangle25 like this.
  9. leangle25

leangle25 Member

Would definitely take DMo over Hartenstein

pr0wler and hakeem94 like this.
  10. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I can’t believe Cuban and dmo do not hang out together. They are both so negative.

11. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Fact of the matter is this, if D-Mo is worth whatever he's asking for or a "difference maker" on a contending team (as someone so hilariously asserted), he would be signed by a NBA team already. When a player goes to play in China, it is because of one or more of the following:
    • They are washed up at the NBA level and no one wants them at any salary
    • They want more minutes or a bigger role than what any NBA team is willing to give them
    • They feel they are worth more than what any NBA team is willing to give them
    • They want to be the biggest fish in a small pond
    For the record, D-Mo is making $6M in China right now. That's higher than taxpayer MLE salary. In the NBA, most teams would probably think twice even offering him Vet Min money.

Mazulis and jcmoon like this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

and last night was not a real game, so I'd be skeptical of using it to argue for anything

13. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

He looked good playing against our team. Who cares who his teammates are? So right now, we are counting on either Bennet, Clark, or Anderson. I don't think its a stretch that DMO would be better than those three.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

who cares who his teammates are? well that's odd. that kind of does have an impact. i mean someone has to do something in the midst of garbage rubble. and that "game" was it

if it were up to cf's, judged players purely in these meaningless preseason "games", the guys mostly who don't make actual nba rosters or g-league guys would in the league

15. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Those guys are signed on the veteran's minimum. D-Mo is getting paid about $6M this year.

16. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The 1st year coming off of surgery I agree Donatas looked really slow. Now he looks healed and quite quick laterally. His passing is amazing, low post moves too.

Donatas is better than Ryan Anderson right now. Daryl has to get him back as a stretch Center.

Air Yordan likes this.
  17. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Dmo is slower than ever now but when the game slows down, he'd be money for a solid 12 min a night.

18. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Donatas at least come off the bench, be a Stretch Center. Come on Daryl trade Ryan Anderson for Donatas. Send Ryan to China

19. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

I would trade Thabo for Dmo.

20. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Rockets need Thabo

D-rock likes this.