1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We need gun control

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DaDakota, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

We don't need gun control. There will be fewer mass shootings after we are done replacing the part of the population that like to do mass shootings with hard-working law-abiding immigrants who actually want to be here.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

If we really want gun control, every African-American needs to register to buy a gun. Until that happens, nothing will change.

-- Dave Chappelle :D

mdrowe00 and Andre0087 like this.
  3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

THAT'S A SLIPPERY SLOPE!!!!

- You Know Who's

4. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Automatics are necessary for the greater good of freedom in the country; utilitarianism 101
    more-so now than ever since the government has 'concentration camps'

Automatics account for less than 3% of gun related deaths. While you would like it to be 0%, in the bigger picture it's a very minor percentage. It's sad when you hear about a mass shooting, but ultimately automatics aren't the problem its mental health.

Just because you ban automatics doesn't mean you stop the less than 3% that die via automatics in gun related deaths either. Many in that percentage will still be harmed by another means such as a vehicle or something else... because the individual has a mental health problem.

More people are even die'ing due to violence via hammers and knives than assault rifles

#24 Realjad, Sep 1, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Automatic guns have been banned since 86, am I missing something?

DaDakota likes this.
  6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Sign me up to the law to ban the knife that can stab 10 people in less than 30 seconds.

Government's had concentration camps since WW2 and way back for injuns. Some would even consider many current prisons shouldn't be necessary.

We now have bombs and drones worth hundreds of thousands that can snuff out life in far off caves. Is your right to an RPG being exercised?

The fact that America voted in a non-establishment candidate means the system isn't entirely broken. It's just the people who broke the system feel even more validated that the system can't be saved.

Now is definitely not the time to hole up, dig trenches, and fear your "mentally imbalanced" neighbor.

7. Realjad

I was saying, according to news sources such as CNN.. the government currently has 'concentration camps' at our border right now.

One thing that I imagine doesn't help in the pursuit of good mental health is good intention-ed law abiding citizens constantly being labelled as Nazi's by people who are really just being impulsive with their choices of words-- that can't be good for anyone's mindset.

Dave Chappelle can't even release a comedy set without people impulsively telling him how awful of a human being he is too.

8. Realjad

semi-automatic*

AkeemTheDreem86 likes this.
  9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

“Good intentioned law abiding citizens”

[​IMG]

mdrowe00 likes this.
  10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I get kinda sick of the faux outrage when Nazis or WW2 are brought up as a comparative or as a hyperbolic example.

We are living in a pretty potent time in our history in regards to racial grievance and empowerment of the worst of the worst that people can turn to for in order to take action (see El Paso).

White Supremacy is a thing again in 2019, and the right under the cleric of Trump have been increasingly radicalized over the past 5 years. It’s just the truth man. You can still support Trump and own up to that reality and push to do the right thing to tone down the rhetoric. Or you can get your panties in a wad and throw a hissy fit when Nazis or WW2 are invoked if you want. That doesn’t change the truth and the reality of the time we are currently in.

conquistador#11 and mdrowe00 like this.
  11. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

It seems like the rest of modern societies don’t have a problem with gun control and trust with their government. Maybe you need to ask what is wrong some people who feel the need to have a gun because of the big bad government. Me thinks you watched too much Red Dawn when you were a kid.

DaDakota likes this.
  12. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Then greater background checks will help reduce gun violence. Reduce the number who can carry guns. Why are gun nuts against that? Tell me? Funny thing I know their response will be well back ground checks wouldn’t stop the last couple of mass shootings. See the guns nut play both sides of the same coin. Saying more background checks won’t stop mass shootings (even though increased background checks reduce gun violence) while at the same time saying banning certain guns won’t reduce overall gun violence(yet will reduce the effectiveness of mass shootings).

So I have a solution more background checks and restrict semi automatic guns and high capacity magazines. The combination of both will reduce gun violence and reduce the effectiveness of mass shootings.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Make every gun have a necessary license and yearly background checks, also you need insurance for every gun......

Eliminate High capacity magazines, get rid of assault style weapons with a buy back program - and pare down the number of legal fire arms significantly.

DD

14. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

So how does that help with criminals? Somebody has never been to my old neighborhood, easy to Monday morning quarter back from your location.

mick fry likes this.
  15. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Background checks do help reduce gun violence and deaths. So it does help

16. Blurr#7

I agree, I had an extensive check because of the stuff I own but it still doesn’t answer my question.

17. Nook

Nook Member

Your rifle and hand gun are not going to stop the government or military.

18. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

But but Red Dawn says otherwise

19. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I don’t think anyone advocating those measure will end gun violence completely. So I don’t understand your question

20. Blurr#7

It’s a simple question, how do you keep guns out of the hands of criminals? Background checks and laws don’t apply to them.

mick fry likes this.