1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lamar Miller tears ACL/MCL

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Aug 24, 2019.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Texans have been in the league 17 years. See how long it has taken each NFL franchise to MAKE a Superbowl? Go ahead....i'll wait. The majority of franchise has taken more than 20 years to make their first Super Bowl or made 1 Super Bowl....and has taken more than 20+ years to get back.

2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Im not defending Bill O'Brien. I don't like him. However, I'm not to that irrational fan that b****es and b****es because the team doesn't do what I want. Hell, look of all the b****ing about Tillman because the fans (wrongly) perceive he is in financial trouble and won't blindly spend into the Luxury tax. A bunch of dumbasses.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I worked with the Texans team doctor. Very nice guy didn't know what to ask him, all he said preseason game rookies had broken ankles and chest contusions. I just asked him if he's been invited to JJ watts house.

4. Victorious

Victorious Member

Lol you are definitely right about the dumbass fans we have on here

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Super Bowl lol... how long is it going to take the Texans to get to the AFC Championship game! I'll wait...

Nook and Silent_Bob like this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

#46 J.R., Aug 25, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  7. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Why do you need Doug Martin when you have Josh Ferguson?

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Houston Astros faint

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Duke Johnson add looking really good right now.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

They not signing Melvin Gordon

12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Hope Duke likes running up the middle 30 times a game.

Red.Glare, Nook, pugsly8422 and 4 others like this.
  13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I left out the Astros because those fans blame blindly believe in the Astros can do no wrong because of 1 WS. Do it again before you get that kind of faith.

Texans’ have ALOT of things to do before anyone trusts them. However, the CONSTANT over the top bashing is just dumb.

14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I think you missed my point..you do to the Astros what you complain about Texans' fans doing to the Texans.

Nook likes this.
  15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I think TJ Yeldon would be a good pickup once he's (presumably) cut in Buffalo. He's perfect for the Lamar Miller role -aka running up the middle.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Allllfreeed!!!

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I complain about the Astros for not bringing up a prospect that should be in the majors. Not about about how the game/ team is managed or trades not made.

18. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

But that’s exactly what Tillman is doing. It’s not just about spending into Luxury Tax, he’s actively forcing us to make moves to get under it.

Why didn’t we resign Ariza? You don’t just let one of the most important players on a 65 win team walk for nothing unless you trying to save money. He still had trade value especially on a one year deal. Plus we had no replacement and we still don’t. Even if you did not love Ariza how much better would it be if we had Oubre on our roster right now.

Why did we dump Anderson for Knight and then Knight for Shump while attaching first and second round picks? If you really wanted to improve the team we needed to keep those contracts on our books. Having an expiring 22 million dollar Knight on our roster right now would give us the flexibility to absorb both Iggy and Crowder or other key players and we woulda have kept our first round pick this year.

Why didn’t we expand Westbrook trade?

Why haven’t we used our MLE in the last two years?

Nothing we have done since he has taken over makes sense. Morey has never operated in this fashion. He’s always about collecting assets not letting them walk.

Explain to me how Tillman is not cheap? We basically have 0 roster flexibility because he won’t let us spend and wants to be under the Tax line.

The whole House situation last year. And we ended up giving him the same contract he wanted.. just last year we woulda had to pay tax.

Notice we also haven’t bought second rounders like we have in the past. Seemed like every year Morey would add an extra second rounder until Tillman took over.

SC1211, Jake Tower and Joshfast like this.
  19. raining threes

So you think the Texans are run properly and dont deserve to be bashed? SMH Truth is Astros won a WS and did everything possible to try to bring another championship to this city. In other words the Texans org is run nothing like the Astros org.

Nook likes this.
  20. raining threes

Paedon me if I trust Luhnow's judgement over yours.

Nook likes this.