1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Show] What are you watching?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jsingles, Jul 23, 2016.

1. marky :)

marky :) Member

Watched Season 1 of Bad Blood.

Was good not great but would definitely watch season 2.

Kim Coates always throws a creepy vibe in whatever role he's in. Even when he has completely normal conversations it still creeps me out. It's like he's about to just stab people in the throat out of nowhere.

2. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I'm sad I finished it last night but it was very satisfying. Well done and wrapped up nicely over the last couple episodes. I agree great show.

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Thanks, didn't know that existed. Michael Shannon is great, will check it out.

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Anyone else looking forward to BBC bringing His Dark Materials to TV? I read the books a long time ago and loved them. Very strong cast, and the main character will be played by the girl who was in Logan. Child actors are always a crapshoot but she did well in that movie... hopefully it carries over to this show.

Most expensive show BBC has ever done. HBO will have US distribution rights.

The teaser was released this morning. Doesn't show much, obviously. I hope the VFX is good because if not, that could make the show DOA.

Big MAK, TheRedRanger and peleincubus like this.
  5. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Hopefully it does better than the movie. I really enjoyed the books and want to see it done right.

6. body slam

body slam Member

The Umbrella Academy on Netflix 3 episodes in and its not bad. A little refreshing compared to the other been there done that comic stuff.

7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Wife and I finished up Castle Rock this weekend, still can't really decide if I enjoyed that show or not.....the easter eggs were cool but not sure if the story was any good....

Started Future Man on my brothers recommendation, it's pretty funny we just finished the James Cameron house episode....

8. marky :)

marky :) Member

Just binged through Superstore on Hulu and it was great. If you're looking for a Parks and Rec/Brooklyn 99 type of show, this fits the bill.

RocketWalta, Rashmon and GRENDEL like this.
  9. body slam

body slam Member

Hap and Leonard on Netflix - season 1 was ok, season 2 better, season 3 has been great so far

[​IMG]

10. conquistador#11

Began watching "The Chi". 9 episodes in and it still has my full attention. I like the story lines of the main characters and the recurring characters, Mendrick, and hannibal. The middle eastern kid and Luis definitely need more air time.
    It would be easy to say this is a homeless man's version of 'The Wire' but it wouldn't but it's not trying to be The Wire.

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Anyone else watching Good Girls? Kind of like Breaking Bad but with boobs. Big ones, too.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  12. conquistador#11

started watching after your post. It's highly addictive. Annie is my fave.
    Strange watching #7 on anything other than FNL.

13. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

TheFreak and conquistador#11 like this.
  14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm watching Captain Alatriste on Amazon Prime. It's a Spanish series based on some novels. It's actually pretty good (not great). It has pleasing amounts of skin but also action, intrigue, and history from the golden age of Spain.

jcf and conquistador#11 like this.
  15. omgTHEpotential

The Americans. Just started season 5.

ktex likes this.
  16. TheresTheDagger

Unsolved

A docudrama about the assassinations of Tupac Shakur and Christopher Wallace (AKA Biggie Smalls). The show follows the 2 major investigations that occurred as well as scenes showing the initial friendship between the 2 rappers, the deterioration of that friendship, and the East Coast/West Coast rap rivalry of the mid 90's. Also, the show explores the connections between Death Row records and the LAPD and how it may or may not have played into the entire story.

I'd give it a 8 out of 10.

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

The new Netflix show "Dead to Me" with Kelly Bundy and the girl from Freaks and Geeks is pretty good. I always liked both of these ladies.

Westworld robot host Teddy is in it too.

TheFreak and conquistador#11 like this.
  18. conquistador#11

"All American" on Netflix. Very watchable. Coach Taye Diggs doesn't inspire anything. I wouldn't run through a brick wall or those paper signs rally girls make for this guy. He's no coach Taylor, but everyone else does a good job carrying the show.
    I think the rule for CW shows is they're excellent for 2 seasons. After that, they sink fast and become unwatchable.

DreamShook likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

We just started Yellowstone with Kevin Costner. Just finished episode of season 1... my quick take is that its an severely bent update of The Big Valley. Headstrong youngest "son" (Heath)? Check. "Moral/ethical" lawyer son Jared? Check. Wanna get Miss Audrey in the sack daughter? Soft focus patriarch/matriarch character? Check. Two thumbs up.

Kelly Reilly (the preachers wife/mom in Heaven Is For Real). Wow! And despite more than a sense of "Huh?" playing a Native American, Kelsey Chow (using a different last name... but she also played a Native American in the awesome movie Wind River). Wow!

conquistador#11 likes this.
  20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Ricky Gervais series "After Life" on Netflix is very good. Only one season so far but he is working on season 2 now.

deb4rockets and TheFreak like this.