1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

trump's nativist/racist tweets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jul 14, 2019.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I do too and I do think that Dems cannot want impeachment because of anger... especially anger over policy.

I’m totally fine with articles of impeachment launched on Pelosi’s timeline as well. I don’t want that process rushed in any way.

My point for the historical record though I personally believe is important for more reasons than you laid out. If you recall Ben Wittes from Lawfair had to go to court to get them to release the official documents and evidence from the special prosector for the Nixon articles and report findings just a few months ago. Until then we actually were pretty limited on the public evidence around the Nixon impeachment.

I have real concerns about preservation of evidence with the Trump regime with what we’ve seen from Bill Barr being the master of the cover up from the GOP for decades now.

But yeah... I don’t care when it’s done I just want those articles to be a preservation of evidence and documentation of Trumps crimes in office. The Mueller report as dense as it is, only covers one specific area.

I also think since it’s 2019 that Congress should also create multimedia forms of the articles and report to communicate to the public. Hearings should come of course along with some digital content that helps communicate the findings for the record.

biff17, RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

3. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Well, you're not nearly as astute as I might have thought.

GND -- just cuz it didn't pass doesn't mean it's not a problem. After all, Obamacare passed. So too could the GND, at some point.

Russia -- did they find anything? No? Case closed. That was a left wing conspiracy if I ever saw one.

Kavanaugh -- if you don't see the feminist left in this, you're just blind.

4. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Great take by Blue Collar logic. It is the defenders of Omar that are the racists, because all they see is skin color:

mick fry likes this.
  5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Has Trump called for the execution of 5 white youths and when it turns out they were cleared by DNA refused to apologize? Has he done it to one white person?

Did Trump tell Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Bernie Sanders, or Jeb Bush to go fix the countries they came from? Has he done that to any white political opponents?

The answer to all of those is 'no'.

Have racists from places like "Daily Stormer" agreed that the tweets were racist and vowed they are happy about it?

Have racists from the bigoted podcast 'GoyTalk' celebrated that Trump was racist again after the tweets, and hoped for violence against AOC?

The answer to these questions is 'yes'.

It was not a matter of simply saying 'Love it or Leave it'. Trump went beyond that.

Minorities believe it was racist. Racists believe it was racist. Groups that are devoted to fighting against racism believe it was racist.

When you are contorting yourself and twisting to try and find a way to rationalize what Trump said, it is pitiful. When you are telling racists that agree with Trump's tweets believe that the tweets were racist and you are trying to say they are wrong along with everyone else, then you have been had. You have thrown reason out the window either in an effort to try and make your political opponents look like they are wrong or because you blindly support Trump no matter what. Neither of those are positive reflections on you.

We should all be able to agree that they were racist.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

No, we are looking at the content of character, not skin color, when we assess Omar. It's the leftists who want to force the perspective of race on every issue; and increasingly where it doesn't apply.

7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

That was a take that isn't applicable to this situation. Trump didn't tell an Irish person to go back to where they came from. That's the point. He hasn't told any white person to go back to where he came from.

It also ignores the fact that 3 of the 4 were born in the United States. So if it wasn't race, what was the factor that caused Trump to believe that they were from someplace other than the United States? If we are going to continue to debate whether it was racist or not, please answer that question.

8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

No, you aren't. The character of Bernie Sanders or half a dozen white politicians is not significantly different than the character of the women mentioned in Trump's tweets.

9. edwardc

edwardc Member

This clown doesn't speak for all blue collar Americans his logic is wrong,

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You do know the Green New Deal is not a binding resolution with enforcement mechanisms right?

11. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

You are asking him to understand policy on a level that goes beyond "Democrats bad". That's a tough ask there

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Which is all the more shameful that Republicans just laughed it off, or tried to use it as a political foil against a rising star in the Dem party. This resolution could easily have been introduced by Newt Gingrich back in the 90's as a resolution to say all the right things about caring for the environment... but with little accountability to follow through.

The resolution merely addressed a commitment to put forth effort in revitalizing our infrastructure to be carbon neutral. This shouldn't have been a controversial resolution at all.

Meanwhile.... July is shaping up to the hottest month on record in the world. And climate change is treated troll bait from the internet to the White House to "own the libs."

We truly are a self destructive species aren't we? We are our own worst enemies. And the motives for self destruction are where things really get head spinning. Our world is on fire, and our earth is telling everyone to take notice, but we are willing to laugh that off because its more important at this current time to feed that hole in our emotional lives with a stimulus driven from what exactly??... I really don't know.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

@dachuda86, brave keyboard warrior. Supporter of racist donald trump, and lover of disgraced Senator Joe McCarthy. You have no shame.

#613 Deckard, Jul 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Stupid.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The GND was not even put forward by Dems for the vote. And yet you say i am not astute.

16. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

My ancestral homeland is doing just fine. How about yours, chief?

17. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Can't roll my eyes enough...

It isn't racist because it's just bigoted like how we once treated the Irish.

But the reason it is racist is that it only targeted people of color. Back to your country was always bigoted, but is something you generally only hear if you are non-white. It is heavily a racist thing.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Bernie Sanders is literally mentors to these 4 Congresswomen. They espouse the EXACT SAME views from criticizing Israel's right wing government and their lobbying influence in the US to socialized medicine.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Can your define what you mean by “racist” and “anti semite”, please?

20. adoo

adoo Member

never been a Geraldo Riveera fan, but in this episode of Fox and Friend,
    • he schooled the willfully ignorant Peter Hugseth

Host Peter Hegseth claimed Trump’s tweets couldn’t have been racist since he never specifically mentioned anyone’s race in the tweets.

“He’s talking about whether you love this country and appreciate it,”
    “And if you don’t appreciate it, don’t love it, and don’t want to work to make it better,
    you could consider going somewhere else.”​

Rivera didn’t like Hegseth’s argument one bit.

“What the hell! Pete! This is their country, they’re citizens of the United States!”
    “You can’t say that to me!”, “I’ve gotten into 10 street fights based on that, saying to me,
    because I’m Puerto Rican, ‘Go back.’ ... Once you make nationhood and citizenship like that
    conditional on your political loyalties, you’re on a very dangerous path here.”

"it was not a condition when Trump's grandparents immigrated to the US; it still isn't today."
    Hegseth continued to insist that Trump’s comments weren’t referencing race, but the politicians’ “lack of gratitude.”

Rivera then pointed out that “a lot of people aren’t grateful to be here.”
    He added: “Gratitude is not a requirement of citizenship.”

"it was not a condition when Trump's grandparents immigrated to the US; it still isn't today."​