1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SJWs gets their talons into Bond franchise

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dachuda86, Jul 17, 2019.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The story and character and the universe in which he is living in is constantly being altered. Necessarily, because it always places him in modern times for whichever year the movie comes out. Daniel Craig’s Bond is not the same Bond as Sean Connery’s.

Any details in a given movie that try to place Bond in a particular historical context can not be assumed to apply to all Bond movies in the franchise. So your argument for why Bond must always be white is not very convincing.

JayGoogle likes this.
  2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

First of all, thank you for not making accusations then. Also I'm sorry if I've been coming to blows with you a lot in this forum in the past. I respect you as a fellow CFs member and I'll explain it the best I can below.

Unfortunately I don't see it as a conspiracy and these "college students" are in Hollywood now working. The people they grow up into, millennial types, are in the Hollywood workforce. And you have to be a leftist to make it in Hollywood. This is well-known. Argue that if you want, but I see a pattern.

Anyways, go read about the plot of the new movie and it has SJW cancer written all over it. That meaning they are making Bond some retired loser who gets rejected because women and metoo and what not, and just overall trying to hammer home a social point that isn't needed and definitely isn't my cup of tea nor a lot of men who like bond because it's male escapist fantasy. Hey maybe it will be a top grossing movie. Prove me wrong.

So, black female bond won't work also. Not about the black part, but the female part. I mean you could make a female bond, really, but then it won't be a male driven fantasy. Which is what bond is. I'd be uninterested in that and so would many fans of the franchise. Thus, they aren't actually ditching male bond, they are just injecting the story with corrective plot parables to fix the masculine nature of Bond because the writers are SJW's who push feminist pseudo-intellectual zealotry.

I'm not making this up. Plot details have been released and discussed. It's not some grand secret what they plan to do.

Anyway, this has been a long thread. I'm tired and I've got work to do so, nice chat.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I’m pretty sure the new movie will not feature a black and female James Bond. Daniel Craig is still Bond and he will still be the main protagonist of the movie.

So some details were released that indicate a black woman was assigned his old 007 code name after his retirement, and she is not particularly attracted to him. I fail to see why this is such a big deal.

The thing that’s annoying (to me) about some SJW/woke stuff is the outrage culture — how every little thing gets so easily blown out of proportion. That’s what this thread is doing, just from the other direction.

Blatz, Duncan McDonuts and JayGoogle like this.
  4. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

My thoughts exactly. If it's a bad movie with bad ideas and bad writing, it's gonna bomb at the box office and it'll be one of those forgotten movies along with all the other forgotten movies.

I think there's a legit fear of it being successful and I guess those ideas that the movie would encompass that threatens people like dachuda could gain more traction and change his "culture" or something. I dunno.

5. biff17

biff17 Member

Hate to break this you.

This topic is not interesting.

6. biff17

biff17 Member

Wow!

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Huh? Mad Max: Fury Road was a huge financial and critical success (The most successful version of Mad Max lol) but I guess the movie failed in your opinion because it had a strong female character?

8. conquistador#11

Can you believe it ? These Brits look all nice and speak all cute but they hold steady force over Scotland. Don't trust James Bond or Sherlock Holmes!
    Do trust Harry Potter I believe he stands with "Yes Scotland".

This thread went all over the place. The new Bond films are good drama and action but lack that high brow humour from the past. Always thought all 007 films should be rated R with nudity.

9. Buck Turgidson

Especially ignorant considering that the Black British date back to at least Roman Britain.

Blatz, JayGoogle, mdrowe00 and 2 others like this.
  10. biff17

biff17 Member

Yep.

And evidently he thinks this has been the same Bond all along.

Blatz and Buck Turgidson like this.
  11. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You do understand that the producers have always been the Brits Albert R Broccoli and later his daughter, right? And that they've always had total control of the decisions regarding the franchise? Maybe the problem is that by American Conservative standards every Brit since Oswalt Mosley has been a flaming liberal, and any Brit would be embarrassed to put their name on a film that would appeal to your sensibilities.

Maybe you conservatived should try to revive the Flint or Matt Helm franchises. Or maybe better yet you conservative free-marketers can nationalize the British owned property for 'murica and cast Jacob Wohl as Bond. Kellyanne Conway can be Monepenny, Peter Thiel as Q, with Tucker Carlson as M. Rebrand him a hyper-patriotic American CIA agent and replace SPECTRE with Antifa. As long as you don't need international box office, I'm sure it'd do great.

#111 Ottomaton, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  12. TheresTheDagger

I asked a simple question about how well 2 movies did and you came up with all this?

This is why I don't carry on conversations with you Sweet Lou. You seem so dispossessed to disparage anyone who isn't in exact lock step with your thinking that its pointless.

(for the record, I would have been behind Idris Elba being cast as Bond)

13. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Uh......he's British.

14. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

The problems are two-fold:

1) it's *every* movie these days

2) they can't create new characters for women (because they don't have the talent); so they have appropriate traditionally male characters.

15. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

I actually tend to agree with this. Go out on a high note.

16. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Actually, it is.

17. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

It's not just this story. There are tons of SJWs that want to make Bond anything other than a white male.

18. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Yes

[/QUOTE] You think they are spending all that money because of some SJWs????
    [/QUOTE]

Yes

[/QUOTE] You think they are motivated by morality or a sense of justice?
    [/QUOTE]

Their perverted version of it, yes.

[/QUOTE]If you think Hollywood is motivated by anything but profit, you have to do some serious inward thinking.[/QUOTE]

They are increasingly not motivated by profit. They seek instead to evangelize the "good news" about feminism and political correctness.

They don't care if they lose money, if they do that.

19. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

So is it fear that these movies will be successful and thus the messages in them will brainwash society or something? I don't understand the reason to get up in arms over a film whose success or failure will be determined at the box office.

Let me phrase it this way. Do you think there are women and people that aren't white that grew up watching Bond films and perhaps even imagined as kids being spies with other kids in their neighborhood? Just using their imaginations as kids do. I do. Are you saying those kids are fools for imagining themselves as 007 because they're not white males? Is a Hispanic person relegated to Zorro roles forever? Is a black person relegated to only imagining themselves as Shaft? Is an asian person relegated only to Bruce Lee roles?

20. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Can these demographics not create new characters? The fact that they have to culturally appropriate established characters shows the lack of talent.

As does the usually dismal screenplay and dialogue that these SJW movies contain. Both boil down to lack of talent.

Also -- is it impossible that a black or Hispanic kid can see past race, and actually identify with a character that has only ever been a white male? Perhaps you are not giving them enough credit, when you suggest they can't see past race.

So basically, yes, we're complaining about SJWs ruining franchises and our favorite characters in the name of political correctness.