1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Andre Iguodala, JaVale McGee up next on Rockets' wish list

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 3, 2019.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Memphis can eat that contract if they want another first. They're not that slick.

2. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

This is true and I don't believe Westbrook was included in the offer either.

However it should be pointed out that Masai wouldn't include Siakam in the trade for Kawhi last summer, under any trade scenario.

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I think Masai would have sent Siakam in a package to OKC if it were only for PG and PG alone. Adding Westbrook into the equation most likely made him say "Lol, no thanks bro"

sammy likes this.
  4. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Yeah but that’s because kawhi was a 1 year rental, which turned out to be true even under the best case scenario of winning a championship. George and WB are locked up.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Because that's the free agency class, there's no Durant, Butler or Giannis expiring. Davis is the only one, but are we going to expect him to bolt the Lakers to sign with the Raptors?

And dude, you don't have to change my mind, just like i don't have to change yours on the points i disagree with, but why you keep making stuff up? I never said they should trade Siakam to us for two picks like i never said they should trade him and OG to us, wtf are you talking about? My point was just that if they rebuild Siakam might be available. The picks part is just a random trade idea, could be 3 or even 4 picks depending on the protections and other stuff we might put in the package.

Corrosion likes this.
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

And he already traded an all star like Derozan in the pakcage, alongside a 1st rounder and a player like Poeltl who played well for them.

Now it's easy to laugh at that package after we saw what George and Davis costed, but at the time teams were hella scared of trading the farm for potential rentals like Kawhi and George, OKC got PG for Oladipo who was considered a bad contract, definitely not as good as Derozan in terms of value, and Sabonis who was an interesting bench player.

Corrosion likes this.
  7. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

You quoted/disagreed with my previous post in which I explicitly argue WHY it isn't smart or likely for Masai to trade Siakam to the Rockets.

Furthermore -

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Siakam isn't going to be traded. The Raptors love him.

I'm pretty sure.

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Saying what i think could be an offer it's not saying what they should aim for...? Am i missing something here?

10. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

"Wait, so instead you think the smart move for Masai would be to trade Siakam for what from the Rockets?" that was my question to you, which you responded to in the affirmative.

Then later on, you quoted a semi-long post of mine, which ARGUES why it isn't a smart move, in which you listed all the things that would go wrong for the Raptors in the future. i assumed you were countering my position, otherwise why quote my post and detail your predictions of the Raptors future?

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Oh ok, yeah, well, i think a smart idea for Masai if he's about to rebuild could be move Siakam, even to the Rockets if they can put a good enough offer on the table.

I quoted the semi-long posted because it looked like you were kinda making fun of the argument we had before "Get Siakam for a first rounder & throw in a second rounder for OG! :eek:", i thought maybe my point wasn't clear enough.

12. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

No worries. I'm just making fun of the idea that trading Siakam to the Rockets is a smart idea. Trading Siakam could very well be the best choice for Masai, but unless the Rockets offer some godly amount of picks, I just can't see the Rockets as being a logical or likely choice.

Vivi likes this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's fair enough, i really never thought we are in a prime position to get that done, just that me might be there if we're willing to overpay.

blahblehblah likes this.
  14. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

You must have missed the word supposedly in my comment.

15. tmoney1101

I saw it. Not sure how it changes my comment though. I’ll try to be more sensitive next time.

16. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Well for starters, it makes your entire comment void and nonsense because you're arguing against a point that wasn't made.

But keep on keepin on bucko.

17. tmoney1101

Ok bud. Let’s just end this silliness. I’m not on here to get into a pissing match with a stranger. My original response to your comment wasn’t meant to offend you. That’s literally how I would’ve responded to any friend of mine. It’s seems everyone on here is a little on edge right now dealing with this crappy offseason. Hope you have a good day tomorrow.

mikol13 and blahblehblah like this.
  18. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

Well @The Cat, one of the "three more things 'fall through' and the Rockets squeak under the cap" has happened.

Are you still 100% sure they are planning to go all in?

I know, "why would they have waited so long to close the deal?" perhaps it was the Thunder looking to move CP3? Perhaps it was an attempt to expand it but Tilman vetoed everything? Perhaps it was an attempt to expand it but stay cost neutral?

We don't know, but what we do know is that - again - the actual results indicate the Rockets passed on their best chance to manipulate the payrole and get better.

Fool me once ...

Corrosion and pippendagimp like this.
  19. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

It is July 16.

Pretty confident that if the Thunder moving CP was a prerequisite or something they were trying to do, they wouldn't have agreed to the deal before having a taker. And again, if Tilman "vetoed everything," then Daryl is an absolute fool for passing up the Philly gig last summer. (For the record, I don't think he is.)

The actual results are that to be a tax team, you have until the February trade deadline to upgrade your roster. It's currently July 16.

Corrosion, D-rock and amaru like this.
  20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

bro the kool-aid is turning your sclerae cherry red

cmlmel77 likes this.