1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook vs Paul: Playoffs the last 3 years

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 14, 2019.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

i would rather have the better fitting player and who has actually played better. dude had his worst season and it was still better than wb. who gives af about what his salary is. do you see wb's after this year. it will get to as high as $47 mil for a player who relies solely on athleticism

clutchdabear and MarioKissoDeath like this.
  2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

To say that he’s a more efficient player is asinine and the numbers just don’t bear it out. That being said, this is a whole new system for him with a new role and a new coach/teammates etc.

I understand being critical of your team for making mistakes but can we at least see what he looks like in a rockets uniform before we mercilessly bash the guy? He’s on our team now. He wanted to be here. Harden wanted him to be here. Let’s give him a chance and show him some support.

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I'm glad this thread was created. Keep this as proof for this years upcoming playoffs... because all these numbers won't mean jack **** when we end up successful.

Hakeemtheking and tmoney1101 like this.
  4. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Doesn't really matter who thinks who is better. Harden wanted Russ and he didn't want CP3 anymore.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

of course we'll hear this logic. we've heard it before. its not new. but that still doesn't take away from the fact that its such an odd fit. and people shouldn't be so quick to dismiss valid concerns

i honestly have yet to see anyone post more pros than cons for this move that are pure basketball play related.

BeBreezy and MarioKissoDeath like this.
  6. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Westbrook is better

We'll judge his numbers this season after he plays large sample of games with Harden and in the same system. WB has never been on a better team (post KD), nor has he had these many shooters and space. WB will average 20+ ppg easily this season. That automatically is a huge upgrade over CP even if he ends up being less efficient (he shouldn't even be that less efficient, at worst he'll shoot 43% fg)

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Facts. Screw getting all concerned about numbers... time to leave it all on the floor and just play basketball.

JayGoogle likes this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

Man this is like...not smart. Cmon man, and if you really wanna go there(i really dont) Harden was one of the reasons Cp even got injured in Game 5.

clutchdabear and YOLO like this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

Also wether you love or hate Westbrook, triple doubles dont mean anything and they never have.

harold bingo, clutchdabear and YOLO like this.
  10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

@justtxyank good post. What I find hilarious is how the same posters ignoring stats and the numbers right now with their mental gymnastics are the first ones to pull any number out of their ass without context to push forward a cherry picked narrative

He doesn’t fit . He’s not efficient. He’s not coachable. To make things worse we’ve got a better picture of who James is as well

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You’re telling me a 10/10/10 game isn’t better than a. 60/10/9 game?!

HP3 likes this.
  12. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Dude I see your point and I agree with it to an extent. It just doesn’t matter to me. There’s nothing that can be done about it now. He’s a rocket. I’m ready to see him kick some ass in red.

He has some attributes that the numbers can’t show such as his elite energy and passion. Dude has nuts the size of cannon balls. You can’t measure that. Maybe he pushes harden just a little harder and unlike cp it’s coming from his lifelong friend and it gets through to him without pissing him off.

I was in the fence about him before the trade but now it’s over and I’m ready to watch him bleed for us. He’s going to bring it each and every night and that’s something that really can’t be argued.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's fine. you have your position of being at this point which is fair. some of us have our own valid concerns, which is also absolutely fair as well

14. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

Better than Westbrooks in 4 out of 5 games.

15. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

He is a chucker that CANT shoot! He shoots his own team out of the game! He is not a smart player. That is why he hasn’t had success in the playoffs. He isn’t a playoff player because he doesn’t play smart when it counts. No doubt he is an amazing talent, he plays hard and is an amazing athlete, it just doesn’t translate to when defenses get better and take away your strengths. Durant realized it and now George realized it and Westbrook isn’t getting any younger and his whole game is based on athleticism. Hopefully he will be on HGH or Steroids or something while he is on the Rockets because he is on the wrong side of 30.

clutchdabear likes this.
  16. biff17

biff17 Member

i don't think you know the definition of majority.

it's pretty evenly split.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Paul George was in the MVP conversation most of the season playing off Westbrook and the Thunder were playing unreal about 2/3rds of the season until they imploded. I don't think the Rockets implode next year -- Westbrook is an upgrade over Old Chris Paul and his contract.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really. considering the majority of the board has clearly voted in favor of the trade, well that sure looks like it isn't even. I don't think you know the definition of majority

but I guess a >70% approval votes means pretty even split according to you. nice

19. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I take Nugenix like the Big Hurt. It's made me more energetic and passionate. Married women are loving the new me.

[​IMG]

harold bingo and MarioKissoDeath like this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm firmly in that I don't know if this is going to work camp. I'm aware of all the negatives Russ brings and I still think Harden and CP3 could have worked, but I'm going to give Russ all the benefits of my doubts since he is now a Rocket. I will wait to see what happens.

I remain optimistic and not afraid to be be disappointed if doesn't work out.

#40 DreamShook, Jul 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2019