1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Isn’t the news about why Harden and CP3 blew up at each other a little concerning?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by igotwhipscollectingdust, Jul 13, 2019.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

nothing but a bunch of nephews spouting nonsense in here...

2. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I think Harden is awesome.

3. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

You’re still stating your speculation as fact. If you can’t tell the difference between the two, I think we’re done here.

4. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Blow it up Morey!!!!!!!

5. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

You were disputing a FACT with a claim that is an unknown speculation... If you can't tell the difference between the two, then yes we are indeed done here.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  6. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

Is this what it is going to be like for the rest of the off season?

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

nah it's not concerning

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

If CP3 had not gone MIA from games 1 through 5, perhaps Harden would have been more apt to listen to him. Guy is barking orders in the one game he played well.

fattz, SF3isBack!!, Reeko and 4 others like this.
  10. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe I misread the pulse of the fans on this site, but as soon as Paul showed he was losing a step most fans here turned on him immediately. I was tried defending him but I was in the extreme minority. It felt like the fan base wanted him gone but I never said it had to be for Westbrook.

I know full well how Westbrook has performed over the last couple of seasons which is why I'm skeptical. But Westbrook has not lost a step and he still jumps out of the gym. His shooting percentages dropping doesn't mean he's past his prime. I expect him to improve his shooting this year due to his competitiveness and his pride. I think he will put in the work.

What I'm not going to do is start calling Westbrook washed up or past his prime so I can use that as an excuse if things don't work the way we want them too.

At least here on Clutch fans the majority got what they wanted. Bottom line is no more excuses.

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This actually is not true. CP3 was wrong and aging whether it works with Westbrook or not. It may not workout with Westbrook as he is not an efficient player. Also the NBA got better and we only made it to the second round this year so there's no way to truly compare the two. Harden is here and happy and not begging to be traded. We also have a much younger player. It was the right move. Rockets played great in 2018 the only thing that changed about our play is that this year guys like Capela EGO and CP3 did not step up like they did the year before. Our style of play was not the problem.

12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Sabotaged our chances?

Cmon man

If harden had missed 30 games and cp3 didn’t we wouldn’t have even made the playoffs.

Harden has his faults he needs to move off ball no doubt.

But cp3 didn’t show up till game 6.

The guy shot under 35% for the series and bricked 3 after 3.

Cp3 didn’t help us win any games that series those are facts.

You can cry about ball and player movement and that’s fair but cp3 was here to score.

Last year he avg over 20 a game in the playoffs this year I don’t have it up but I bet he avg less than 15 in the GS series.

Harden like all other stars needs a guy who can drop 20+ points with him every game.

Cp3 didn’t do that this year and it’s why we weren’t a better team than the year before.

13. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

My mind is literally blown at the Olympic-level mental gymnastics people here are performing to justify some of Harden's misgivings. [​IMG]

Let's hope his friendship and impeccable chemistry with Russ is able to motivate him to make some tweaks, because if not...God help the Rockets.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  14. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

If that's the determination, then you could just as well conclude that a majority of fans hate Harden going off some of the threads in here... That wouldn't make it true...

CP wasn't in his prime his first year here, but he wasn't washed and was still a very good player.

Russ isn't in his prime... Past your prime doesn't mean you're washed or not still a productive player necessarily... He is, but he's hasn't gotten better or stayed at the same level as a few years ago... He's clearly in decline and has been regressing each year while at the same time Harden has been getting better every year.... You expect him to improve his shooting based on his competitiveness and pride? LOL..

He's been in the league for over a decade and his shot has gotten worse... Not better... He even struggles with FTs at this stage.

The best chance for him to improve is playing with Harden and hopefully seeing how we play and eliminating some of his bad shot selection and focusing on his strengths, but he's not gonna just become a better shooter taking the same shots in 2019... He has to change his mentality or adjust his shot selection.

Your conclusion is still wrong... The majority didn't want Westbrook... That's what they got.

harold bingo likes this.
  15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Cleverly disguised "Bash Harden" thread.

Cool

Original

Fresh

Fascinating

Intriguing

Would read again!

biff17 and SF3isBack!! like this.
  16. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol got got u 36 6 6. While winning n bring you back from the abyss. Excuse that away

TEXNIFICENT and vlaurelio like this.
  17. Game7

Game7 Member

James Harden demands attention from a defender even at half court. It’s a 4 on 4 situation. Not a 4 on 5. I am not crying for CP3. He still managed to be effective.

Air Canada likes this.
  18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Harden is still too emo at times.

Dude needs thicker skin.

DD

fattz, IBTL and saleem like this.
  19. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Oh this is rich... And by rich I mean dumb as hell...

You're literally doing gymnastics to somehow put blame on Harden and his "misgivings"....

Are you kidding me with this **** post?

Harden was clearly the best player on both teams in that series... We didn't lose because of his misgivings... We lost in large part to the massive regression in CPs game and it culminated in the worst playoff series of his NBA career.... Now whose really doing mental gymnastics to ignore that fact and blame Harden and his misgivings for our failure.... GTFO.

SF3isBack!!, vlaurelio and clos4life like this.
  20. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I agree that harden is a diva and we should all in general be concerned about hardens demeanor. From far where I sit harden strikes me as the type that is a bit bohemian probably thinks hes cooler than he is. That has created an aloof that has caused him to disengage at times both with cp3 and dwight howard.

Harden at times actively sabotaged those dudes and we can all agree thats not cool.

So harden is now on strike 3 of superstar..

Well if you are going to pair that with another all star for the 3rd swing why not do it with one of the most diva hotheads potential blow up in westbrook lol.
    Mister eccentric westbrook this is genuine recipe for disaster.

So the magic elixir? Why are the rockets nuts? Because westbrook and harden wanted to come together and they are friends since 10 years old.

Think about that..
    They can now come together with their eccentric ass attire and put that effort. They can push each other. They have pride.

To a man they are going to have that talk and agree they are going to go for it.

Now if we lose a ton of games at beginning trying to get it going and their tinder box personalities have a run in then yeah we are completely hosed.

So this is way different and for all moreys courses in analytics there isnt a row or column on the excel sheet for personality friendship or chemistry. This is the ultimate wildcard sociology experiment we all get to see with two weirdos from LA that happen to play basketball really damn well. Buckle up. This is probably one of hardens next last chances.
    Go for it. You gotta love it

BamBam and cheke64 like this.