1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    EAST FINALS GAME 4 -- can the Pacers avoid being swept? Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Amick: Rockets pushing to trade for Iggy, hope to sign Chandler, no longer working to extend coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 12, 2019.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I don't understand this???

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

don't expect young players anytime soon. we don't have any picks for the next 7 years lol

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Okay but what about 27-29 yr olds, that is a fair assessment.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

but at $17M i just don't see our front office doing it. imo they are going to stay either below or just above the tax line. so that if we don't appear to be contenders this season they easily can make deadline trades to get back below the line again

Gray_Jay likes this.
  5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I just want to make sure about something.

Everyone knows that Iggy is basically washed, right? He had one good game in the playoffs - unfortunately it was game 6 against us.

But otherwise he was almost unplayable, except that the Warriors had no depth so they had to play him.

So I just want to make sure that we're all aware of how not-good Iggy is nowadays.

luckyman76, amaru and Little Bit like this.
  6. JW86

JW86 Member

Iggy is not worth the risk, he’s on the downside of his career and I don’t think his personality would match well with Westbrook. Just a feeling.

amaru likes this.
  7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Crowder would be a good pick up. He's a threat from 3 as well.

8. rockets13champs

... u are pretty misinformed. We only lost picks in. 2024 and 2026 we have every other pick

9. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

No to iggy rather keep shumpert on a cheap contract, see if his 3 can bounce back when healthy

10. GottaHaveHeart

James Johnson > iggy

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  11. rammo

rammo Member

Jae Crowder would be amazing

12. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I partially agree but still think Iggy can do it for one more season at a high level. His "stats" are not that great but he knows what plays to make on the court to win basketball games. His advanced stats still show that he is a very effective player as his win shares per game is 0.13. I have been thinking a lot about this and am excited to see what Danuel House can do as the starting SF on this team. I actually think he is a perfect complement to JH and Westbrook although he will need to work on his defense. That is where Iggy comes in. House was an advanced stat marvel last year especially as a starter. This would also give us a chance to have Gordon come off the bench along with Iggy as a backup 3/4. The 2nd unit could look someone like below. Iggy at this point in his career has basically developed into a better Battier. what he does doesn't show up on the stat sheet but he could show up as a 45 year old in the NBA strictly due to his high bball IQ, length, and ability to no where to be on the court at all times. I think he is a really good fit playing off of Gordon or Rivers. He is still effective at finishing around the basket and in transition (65.2% overall 2 pt FG). 3 pt % in reg season still fairly effective at 33%. Only shot 2 per game so he knows when to shoot and when to dish to a player with better chance of making a 3. Good enough for a stretch 4 since we should have 2 or even 3 shooters able to get a shot off when ever needed. Also Rockets probably know where he is most efficient at shooting the 3 and will work on the offense to get all players in the spots on the court where they are most productive.

1st unit
    Westbrook
    Harden
    House
    Tucker
    Capela

2nd unit
    Westbrook or Harden (running 2nd unit, Rivers should bring ball up some)
    Rivers
    Gordon
    Iggy
    Chandler

Another 2nd unit combo
    Westbrook or Harden (running 2nd unit)
    Gordon
    Iggy
    House or Tucker
    Chandler

I am hoping we can get him with only 2 2nd's though instead of 1 1st round pick.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I agree. I don't like being the oldest team in the league. its a combination of never having draft picks and now looking to sign ring chasers.

I don't know who is out there under 30 that can help our wing defense, and can be acquired realistically.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

he played with Draymond tho...

15. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

sarcasm went right over your head.

however, the pick swaps in 2021 and 2025 won't help us any and we will probably look to trade the 2020 and the 2022.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Bruno for a 2nd.

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

yeah I'd be really happy with him for the NG guys and a second. or as part of the WB trade using the +25% and a second.

18. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

not bad. wouldn't Memphis want to hold onto a 23 year old? could he help slow down kawhi or PG?

19. vick

vick Member

Yes the Rockets have picks every other year dummy.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Memphis appears loaded at 3/4 spot right now.

PF: Jaren Jackson (franchise player), Brandon Clark (recent 1st rounder), Miles Plumlee, Jae Crowder, Ivan Rabb

SF: Kyle Anderson, Josh Jackson, Iggy, Justin Holiday, Bruno, Yuta Watanabe, DeAnthony Melton (listed at SF??)

Grizz have way too many forwards. And Bruno would be a 4 on the Rockets.