1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thabo Sefolosha

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dream Shook, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Perhaps the Rockets should give Anthony Peeler or Sedale Threatt a call to see if they are available.

saleem likes this.
  2. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

LOL

3. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

OMG Nick Van Exel too

saleem and hakeem94 like this.
  4. BackdoorHarden

Don't forget Kareem Rush!

Hook a forgotten brother up.

Remember when Nick the Quick got into a scrub with Shaq over that hot chick...what's her name...can't remember that hot black chicks name.

5. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Since we're going old school, Sam Perkins is the center the Rockets need to get in the hot tub time machine lotto. He was a big dude, could bang the other dudes in the paint and he could hit those three's and stretch the floor.

saleem and Williamson like this.
  6. jayfree

jayfree Member

That's what she said

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

What makes you say Thabo is a dirty thug?

At the right price, he would be a good backup 2/3 but there isn't much tread left on those tires.

8. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

People are saying he is over the hill, but his defensive numbers look as good as ever. He looks like he is having a decent offensive season too. What am I missing with Thabo?

In a perfect world he looks like he would be a great addition. It would allow us to move Brewer to KJ's spot on the bench. We would have a ton of versatility with him as well. Maybe KJ and a 2nd gets him? I can't imagine his value is terribly high, but wtf do I know? Plus the Hawks traded Teague for Taurean Prince who was the #12 pick. This would open up a spot for him to get some time.

Just trade us someone so Brewer doesn't have to play!!!:eek::mad:

#29 robbie380, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

kj and brew for 1 lebron pls

Remlap likes this.
  11. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

IMO Thabo is somebody you trade KJ & a pick for AFTER you've moved Brewer for a big.

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Maybe that will happen with Kosta rumors.....fingers crossed...

ilias likes this.
  13. ilias

ilias Member

Thabo and Koufos would be solid additions replacing Nene and Brewer minutes. Nothing spectacular, but both fill a need and complement the rest of the roster well.

I like Thabo as a 3&D player, but I would prefer someone with more offensive skill. When Gordon has an off night, our bench production suffers. Sefolosha can hit the open 3, but he is not a reliable catch and shoot threat.

Charlotte and Denver have too many shooting guards to keep them happy. Denver has Harris, Barton, Murray and the rookie Beasley (Harris starts now over Barton), Denver has Lamb and Belinelli vying to be Batum's back-up (Lamb has not played many minutes lately). One of them is bound to become available for a trade.

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yes, and it deserves its own thread

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

my thoughts exactly, i didnt look into stats but whenever i was watching he was ballin on offense

16. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

He hasn't been the same player since NYPD broke his leg for being black in public...

17. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

haha you went waaaay back into the time machine..that team was LOADED just way to young with a bunch of dysfunctional piss and vinegar attitudes made it way too hard to coach through all that talented madness...yea I do recall Shaq and Nick got into over some booty lol

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Bump.

Thabo played 6 years with WB, 5 with Harden in OKC. He's also boys with Clint due to the Swiss connect. He's arguably just as good of a defender as Iggy, he's a better shooter then Iggy, solid finisher around the rim, and most importantly I think he can likely be had for the vet min. We desperately need a defensive 3, let's bring him in already!!!

19. Rocketsfan3422

What is with people wanting ex thunder scrubs now? Can he got the 3? No,.... Also OKC didn't win anything. Why turn htown into little OKC....

saleem and Fulgore like this.
  20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Can he got... the 3?

Well he shot 43% last season, 38% the year before from 3...

Ex thunder scrubs, is that what WB and Harden are? Because a player is an ex thunder, we shouldn’t go for them because OKC didn’t win a ring.

I give this post 11/10 dumb overall.

RudyTBag likes this.