1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WOJ: BREAKING Westbrook to Houston for CP3 & Picks!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xerobull, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

He's never had another playmaker who could slash and attack off the ball. Cp3 was great at running an offense but showed major signs of decline last year

hakeem94, jdiggidy and tc0330 like this.
  2. Clutch City1993

So you wanna compare a former MVP to those scrubs?

3. tc0330

tc0330 Member

damn right he did.

4. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

Facts!!

Clutchfans loves to overvalue players who are second and third tier. We see it with the complete adulation of Trevor Ariza's and Chuck Hayes

hakeem94, whiskeyred and deb4rockets like this.
  5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was so against gutting our roster for Butler. He wasn't worth losing Clint and EGO for. We already hurt ourselves by gutting our roster for Paul. Now the Clippers have a really good team going into this season thanks to us, Leonard and George. This season should be fun to watch with more competition around the Western Conference.

6. Clutch City1993

The fact that we kept EG, CC, and Tuck means everything with this trade and should be graded highly based on that alone

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

Russ possesses the same flaws they do that this system highlights and the fact that he’s significantly more ball dominant isn’t good

8. tc0330

tc0330 Member

people in here i guess forgot we were about to have cp till he was 36 and paying him his age lmao

9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Exactly!!! That is huge!!!

hakeem94 and Clutch City1993 like this.
  10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. SuraGotMadHops

Other than a general dislike of Russ and his chucker game, this really is a low risk, high reward trade. 1) We didn't have to gut the team to obtain him (compare with the CP3 trade where we lost Lou, Bev, and Montrez who all have performed well in LA), 2) we unleashed a terrible, long term, crippling contract for an aging player that we all thought was untradeable, 3) draft picks are not as valuable as they used to be, especially if its not a top 5 or top 10 pick, 4) the Rockets current group would have only been a contender if the rest of the West stayed the same, but it didn't, the Clippers and Lakers and maybe the Jazz have all leapfrogged over us, 5) what else was there to do this offseason? There was nobody else left on the table, Russ suddenly became available and we snagged him.

Maybe it works out, maybe it doesnt. But so what? Give it a go, our current lineup was fizzling out, Harden is still in his other-worldly level prime, and I dont think any of us are ready to go through a rebuild just yet.

12. Clutch City1993

And making more $$$ than Harden

tc0330 likes this.
  13. Clutch City1993

He'll learn to let go. He has to. He knows this is not his team

14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

If he can score inside, rebound, and get assists, who cares. Leave the 3 pt shooting to James, EGO, PJ, and Green. Pass that ball around the perimeter if needed. At least Westbrook will be more aggressive shooting and rebounding than Paul was. That in itself is a plus.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. malakas

malakas Member

watch Presti getting back first round picks for CP3.

Meanwhile Clutchfans will be trying to justify giving up 2 unprotected and 2 pick swaps for the brick of the West.

16. malakas

malakas Member

He is 30 years old and hasn't learned it when playing with Harden, Durant and George.
    But SURE he will learn it now.
    It will be diferent now.

:D:D:D

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

We’ll see about that. 11 years is quite a long time to flip the script

18. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

First I had too learn to like Chris Paul and now Westbrook. Hopefully it will be an easy lesson.

dc rock likes this.
  19. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

We could still make more moves, but I don't like this trade at all. Those picks being unprotected is just crazy. We're going to be punished for this when it comes time to convey those and I don't think Westbrook as a player is worth it.

20. Clutch City1993

He needs to accept that his body isnt what it used to be. Those knees need to be taken care of. Dantoni is also the best offensive coach WB has ever had.