1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj Bomb: Miami has expressed interest in Russell Westbrook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Jul 8, 2019.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

It always seems like that huh ?

2. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

MIAMI VS Houston for Westbrook (Yea Miami will get him) as usual :)

3. rockets13champs

This is gonna drag to September.

Remember 2 years ago it was Melo and Kyrie
    Then last year

Last summer was ryno trade and Melo trade again

forchette49 and Nook like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

LOL Yeah because stars are going to be lining up to play with Russell Westbrook and Jimmy Butler.

Riley can want to keep his assets....... but he should have thought about that before over paying guys.

Erbnwarfare likes this.
  5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Worth noting that Woj reported earlier in the week that the Thunder and Russ both wanted to get this done "sooner rather than later."

That said, it's certainly not binding, yes.

joshuaao and rockets13champs like this.
  6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I was considering this when the news first came out, but.... no thanks. Rather keep Gordon and our 1st. Rather have Love.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I could see some B rated stars like Beal wanting to team up on South Beach. It's not as though a lot of these guys have any real championship aspirations where they currently are. Riley will probably fall ass backwards into another Big 3 through no real doing of his own, and it's mostly because these players just want to be in Miami.

Relativist likes this.
  8. basketballholic

Neither OKC nor Miami have leverage.

9. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The only reason that Russ will go to Miami is if a) Presti wants to bend over backwards to accommodate WB's preference or b) Miami gives up significant assets. Given that Miami can't offer them LT relief, I really see it as a poor trade fit.

Again, I don't want this to happen, but if Morey truly wants in I think our offer beats Miami.

jsilencio, B-Bob, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If WB had a NTC I'd agree, but he doesn't. OKC has the leverage of selling him off to the highest bidder, which could be the Pistons, Magic, NYK or whoever. That gives OKC some leverage against Miami, or Hou.

I hope he goes to Miami, though.

11. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I think they HAVE to send him somewhere amicable. He has pull throughout the league. He will give them 3-5 teams.

12. JW86

JW86 Member

OKC does as are trying to trade him, but definitely not at all cost. Miami will have to give it up.

13. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

U can have all the pull u wwnt. He doesnt have pull with gms.....like I said I would take him good asset.

But gms see him as a bad decision maker. N if u couldnt win with harden Durant pg13 victor Adam's Ibaka u probably are I red flag. N not to mention the dollar amount.

To me it's no way he can be ur best player....I still think Westbrook is better then jimmy....more importantly Westbrook thinks that way.

Like I keep saying I bet Jimmy is doing everything he can behind the scene to not let this happen. He was this close to having his own team

darksoul35 likes this.
  14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I rather have Love as well but there has been zero news about a Kevin Love trade.

forchette49 likes this.
  15. basketballholic

There is no highest bidder. There is only a bidder.

16. basketballholic

No they won't. They can let Russ and OKC rot. And they will too. OKC is the one that has to move him.

17. JW86

JW86 Member

Yes they will. They need Russ more than OKC needs to let him go.

18. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

What are you talking about? How on earth can our offer beat Miami’s? Unless you’re talking about a trade where we don’t include CP3, then yes, we can probably offer up Capela and EG to get it done.

But I’m saying this now and I don’t care what I’ve gotten right and what I’ve gotten wrong in the past, and I’ve done both, we are not getting Westbrook and convincing OKC to take CP3. Anyone who thinks there is a chance of that happening does not know basketball.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

BW: The Heat, under league rules, cannot take on anymore money. The Thunder, if they're going to trade Westbrook, not only want good young pieces but want to move money off. That makes an impasse between these two teams. One of two things will have to happen. One, they'll have to find a third team to take some money & that team will have to be compensated and I don't know which side will compensate or secondly, OKC will have to do Westbrook a favor & lower their ask to send him where he wants to go & quite frankly, I don't see Sam Presti doing it so we could have a drawn out process here to get a deal done.

#299 J.R., Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    D-rock, jch1911 and Vivi like this.
  20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

IMO - - Presti needs this done. Quickly. "I predict": Brodie is a roadie by Tuesday the sweet 16th. (Likely to Heat, but - - that ainta in the prediction.)

Plowman likes this.