1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nuggets acquire Jerami Grant

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 8, 2019.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Maybe, but i wouldn't bet on us being more than that either.

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This is a great Nugs addition. Love this for them, and I think he'll actually be better there than OKC, where Russ and coaching suppressed a lot of potential.

Damn what an interesting WC year to come.

3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

the nuggets didn't send a dollar back to OKC. we couldn't do that. they had the better offer. gotta let this one go!

we would've had to S&T shump to the hawks cap space to take grant. that would include shump and haws agreeing which takes time and complications, and we would've had to compensate the hawks with a first. just not feasible to beat denver's offer here.

clutchdabear and FLASH21 like this.
  4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Right now I'm not betting on us being THAT.

The Rockets aren't deep. The Rockets are small. The Rockets don't have elite shooting. The Rockets have an old "2nd star."

I don't see us as a contender for a top seed in the west personally.

Gray_Jay, B-Bob and Vivi like this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

They lost 4-3 without homecourt against Denver last season, Denver added Grant, the SPurs will have Murray back, they added Morris and Carroll, if they also add Adams i'd say their roster would've improved more than Denver.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

What it confirms is that Westbrook isn't staying in OKC.

It will be interesting to see what the Thunder get for Westbrook and where he ends up because he is such a polarizing player.

everyday eddie, BigMaloe and malakas like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

other teams continue to get better...the Rockets continue to get worse

#RunItBack #Fireworks :rolleyes:

everyday eddie likes this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Either way, if the team stays the same, this is likely the last year for this core, next summer they should really show the balls and blow it up like Nook said, i agree with him.

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Going out there with 6'3 & 6'4 guys on the wing with a 35 year old 6'5 (3 & D) guy @ Center is a horrible idea. No closeouts on defense, no defensive rebounds and you'll struggle winning 50/50 balls. But If we lose it's not on Morey , it's because Harden isn't clutch.

10. Nook

Nook Member

The only way the Rockets will be "favorites" or even in the top 3 is if the Rockets make a deal for a player like Covington and another rotation piece. Possibly Igoudala and a secondary piece.

The Lakers and Clippers lack a third star, but they have a lot of depth.

Essentially right now the Rockets are saying: "Okay James, uhh go out there and be the best player in the world so we can compete."

Deuce, everyday eddie, thekad and 4 others like this.
  11. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

Screw Westbrook. I was hoping we got this guy. Damn

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Covington is also injury prone, good luck with all the old guys.

They will try a Princeton system, then find out some guys are still not moving too much.

Then they go back to ISO again....... MDA's extension will drag on a while too, and someone is losing his patience and temper.

13. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

we need to pull off a Covington trade (or something Morree) to keep up with the emerging west contenders.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

In the end Denver got Grant for a likely 20/25 pick in the 2020 draft. Morey could've beat that offer with a 1st and 2nd round pick and/or Clark...something tells me he's probably trying on something bigger, whether it's Westbrook or Love, but i don't want to get screwed again.

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's true. It's almost like, "hey Jimmy, you gonna keep getting better every year right on schedule, right? We need moar b/c conference better. K thanks!"

16. malakas

malakas Member

Last season they got the 27 pick. You think this season they will be worse? I think it will be like 29

17. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

The Texans don’t even HAVE a GM and they’ve had a better offseason. LOL.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't think Denver ends up with the 2nd best record in the West again, i don't think they're that good but i might be very well wrong, imo last season they got lucky cause Rockets, Warriors, Blazers all had injuries, Jazz too if i remember well...my bet is that they don't have homecourt this season in the first round (assuming all the teams will be healty).

20. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Agree. Does it start after this year if no Finals appearance, or do they wait until the last year of Paul's contract near the trade deadline?

It's going to be here before we know it.