1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What does Morey do now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jul 6, 2019.

1. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Green had a cap hold of $15m
    There's no pressing need for Toronto to get rid of him. He's young, improving and cheap.

That's exactly why I said that you'd have to overpay. I just made up the 3 1sts. I dont have any way of knowing what his true value really is. Our picks arent likely to be high choices so that minimizes their value.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

There is nothing he can do. He tries but he can't compete with the better GM's out there. He has dumped all of our assets so we don't have many trade pieces.

saleem likes this.
  3. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Is it stranger I weird I would rather have Covington

Gray_Jay, D-rock and treyk3 like this.
  4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

map out the next round of inevitable salary dumps

5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

No he will cost a lot less and is more under the radar. We probably can keep this team and add him

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That’s how it works for any team with 2 stars. In fact, we have a ton of good pieces considering we have Chris Paul and James Harden. A crazy amount of flexibility too, and ALL of our picks.

ClutchLatina likes this.
  7. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I’d like to see if Morey can land someone like Jerami Grant from OKC and/or Siakam from the Raps. Yes Siakam is a pipedream, but I wonder if it’s a possibility.

Point is, no need to panic. The Rockets might be able to land a really nice piece or two via trade with all that is going on with other teams losing key players. Just want to see if OKC and the Raps become sellers.

whiskeyred and RudyTBag like this.
  8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I’d rather have Beal but Cov would be good too. We can’t lose a core piece though.

We’re not getting either, though, so it’s moot.

9. macan

macan Member

he should just go back to his bedroom and start jerking off..
    he can't do much better than that

Rasheed and BeardNation13 like this.
  10. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

What position would he play. Kind of redundancy

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You can never have too many wings today

12. anchel

anchel Member

So they can't sign him with the room now?

Still there are some teams with their full MLEs available. He's just too valuable of a player to sign a vet min, and I don't think we're offering anybody more than that.

13. KiLLiN

KiLLiN Member

Finally someone with brains. 100% agree

14. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

He overplays his hand searching for a superstar. Then overplayed his hand retaining a superstar past his prime. He's also given too much leeway to his prime superstar, who's selfishness is outta control. The culture here is terrible

15. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

The culture here is great. Harden out of control selfishness lol give me a break.

glynch likes this.
  16. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Huh? Delusional smh. What team did you watch last year?

-Harden had more unassisted FG attempts than anybody in NBA history

-Harden's usage was higher than any player in NBA history (I believe 95%), yet he openly pouted the few possessions CP initiated the offense.

-James Harden becomes very disinterested when other guys like EG has it going. Instead of feed them the ball, he ops to continue taking contested stepback 3's for better or worse.

The reason he feels this entitled is because Morey's basically put him over the coach, and team. James KNOWS he won't be held accountable and that Morey encourages him to get these regular season accolades, even at the expense of team chemistry. What superstar wants to come to a team where one guy dribbles 95% of the game, pouts the other 5%, and the GM encourages him to keep doing it because his calculator says so?

K-Low_4_Prez and mastan like this.
  17. Raven

Raven Member

Morey trades ten first round picks for a marginal upgrade that buys the team one extra playoff victory before they're eliminated.

18. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

Lol

19. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Wings are not guards, u know that right. He cant play small forward. He a guard. We have enough of those. We need a true wing. Covington

20. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Hahaha bruh what? I get some of yall might be trying to remain optimistic but we are in trouble... Our team is fataly flawed and we haven't adressed huge holes!