1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey gave Clippers their ATTRACTIVE core.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ClearLakeTX, Jul 6, 2019.

1. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

Morey gave the clippers their core,
    west and doc got SOLID, HUNGRY, players that STARS want to play with for CP3. Got hat contract off the books.

To setup bigger deals for stars in the future.

It’s chest not checkers, like morey’s Tweet below from yesterday.

alcatrazpsycho likes this.
  2. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Lou Williams and Harrell suck ass even now.

The Clippers defense was atrocious because of them and the Rockets defense was as well in 2017.

They are average players on the extreme end of offense and defense.

No, offense is not more important than defense in any situation. They’re inherently equal.

No, Morey didn’t make a bad trade. No the Clippers are not even close to favorites. Normal contender like the rest.

3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

if morey fails to make a splash this off-season we're going to be wondering why we traded for cp3 next playoffs.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah I agree Harrell and Lou are extreme one sided players that the Clips had to play so they look better than they are in reality because the casual viewers don’t really see how bad they are at Defense.

On a team with other primary scoring options they’ll likely have to be bench scoring options now like they were here.

I think with a competent 5, the Clips could have a great all time defense with Kawhi/PG being able to guard anyone and everyone, but during the regular season those guys won’t do it alone because they do have some guys who are bad on D they’ll have to play, and they’ll be playing small ball.

Long story short... the Clips don’t quite scare me to death just yet. A few more good signings and maybe. I def wouldn’t want to face them early in the playoffs though.

And the Lakers now really don’t scare me. Could easily be a lottery team in the West since AD cannot stay healthy ever.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Does not matter.

It does matter how they click with KL and PG13.......

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

can they still sign jamychal?

7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

WHAT?

Lol.

8. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

Y’all just going to ignore Beverly there & can guard the 3rd best player!!!! LMAO

come on with more excuses I’m rolling!!!!!

Without the hungry BEV, LOU, HARELL...clippers aren’t attractive.

Trust me boys not going there to play with older CP3 if he was there!!!!!

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

They are going there because it’s LA first and foremost. Nobody is going to play to Pat and Harrell if they are playing in OKC.

And second to that is having a competent rich owner in LA who isn’t a racist bigot who openly tries to lose actually is a positive recruiting tool as well.

I really don’t know what you are worked up about too honestly.

da_juice, bwax01, roslolian and 3 others like this.
  10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The clippers are attractive because they are in LA. If the clips had our roster minus Harden and Paul and we had all of the players we traded away, kawhi and George still wouldn’t have wanted to come here

11. opticon

opticon Member

Morey must have known about the deal at that point. It must suck to see three players you targeted as part of the rotation of the team that is going to clean your clock. It like bing shot with your own gun.

12. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

I’m not worked up at all lol

I’m do have something against morey because the way he can do no wrong with a lot of people here tho. Also all the talking he does.

Yes a ATTRACTIVE core does HELP

Why didn’t boys run to LA to play with lakers before bron got there???

Clippers had a solid core and are in LA

D-rock likes this.
  13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

They have capspace thats why

But yeah our problem is cp3 is making max. And clips made the right call

Exiled and BamBam like this.
  14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Except if theyre both from houston

Blurr#7 likes this.
  15. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Kawhi and Paul George are not elite lead options contrary to popular beliefs.

They are blunt object scoring wings with average passing. LeBron, Harden, and Curry are the guys that terrify scouts around the league. They make everyone around them a threat to score on every single possession.

With that said, PG/Kawhi wont 'click' in the sense that they will play at their best alongside each other. They'll be good independent of one another and come playoff time team will throw a lot of schemes at them that make them passers. Teams have seen success with that the past several seasons. With that said, they should kick the ass of any team not versatile enough to exploit them.

If Jerry West is the genius I think he is, he is trading Lou and maybe Harrell to dumb teams that take their boxscores at face value, for some players that will not be exploited by high level offenses.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Its sounding more like a company memo but it is true that with cp3 the rockets were one game away.

Call it a contract year but cp3 played great and looked great.

This last season he did not play as well and there are definitive signs it might be over. Is the donkey dead?

I don't think you can say that just yet.
    Everyone loves lou bev and harrell. Those 3 collectively equal up to a little less than what cp3 gives you and the simpe question to me is would clips rather have lou bev and harrell today or cp3? I think a lineup with cp3 on clips today is more of a sure thing than bev lou harrell. I dont know im just a bbser on the interwebs

don grahamleone, da_juice and D-rock like this.
  17. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

cp3 gave us a good run in the playoffs that yr I will admit bro

18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

The 2 real question for op -
    1) is what is that value of almost getting to finals 2 years ago with cp3?
    2) can cp3 ever be cp3 again is he done?

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Hey, what's that loud sucking noise??!!
    Oh, that's just the sound of the Rockets championship opportunity going down the drain.

20. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

That has a value. It feels a bit empty since it didnt happen but it has a value.

Also would you want to go into next season with bev harrell lou or cp3? Even with cp3 a step slower there is enough of that savvy vet aspect that i can see him being something..

I know i wouldnt want todays hobbled cp3 sent back to todays clips with george and kwahi.that would be a tough out..
    Id rather face clips WITH cp3 on our side than with bev harrell lou on our side. And I love bev and lou.

I still think lou bev harrell are role players. Great role players but role players.

Id still take a cp3 the same way I wouldve taken and did, a barkley over cassell and horry. Id do the deal again today.

We have our 2nd star in cp3 he just happens to be falling apart barkley style