1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thank You James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Thanks for being one of the few stars in the NBA who hasn’t screwed over his team. He is the one player who nobody would blame for leaving (based on zero effort from management to provide the necessary support), but should be appreciated/commended for his unabashed loyalty to Houston. With the new powers in the West....Lakers, Clips, Warriors, Pelicans, Jazz and Nuggets it appears Harden’s window has closed or is about to close, but at least we don’t need to worry about him pulling out like Kawhi, PG, Durant, Butler, and Kyrie did and that is very much appreciated.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If he leaves he leaves.

I’m a Houston Rockets fan

Emtenndo, CCity Zero, Ramo$e and 13 others like this.
  3. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

James MOTHERF*CKING Harden.

We ride.

Emtenndo, CCity Zero, ISOBall and 7 others like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

if the Rockets have another disappointing season, I will be very worried

Stars are teaming up left and right with ease, and Harden is just gonna stay here with aging CP0 for the rest of his prime and win no rings? Maybe. It’s possible. I won’t blame him at all if he requests a trade tho, and I’d completely understand it. It will be a dark day for me, a very dark day. We will be incredibly irrelevant.

1 playoff series win since 1997 before Harden arrived #NeverForget

5. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Daryl get off your f*cking ass and get this man some damn help for this season.

GIVE. ME. COVINGTON.

6. riko

riko Member

His loyalty to the city of Houston and the Rockets can’t be questioned

7. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

He’ll stay and be fighting Utah and Portland for the 8th seed. He has never complained or demanded a better roster. We should appreciate that! Without him and his annual fight for the MVP, it will be tough with our salary savaged roster to have much to pull for in the next few years. We have no exciting young talent coming in to match the extremely talented West rosters. I fear our window truly closed tonight and for the foreseeable future.

Ramo$e and vlaurelio like this.
  8. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Battle Harden!

Emtenndo likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Which is why being so confident that Harden will stay no matter what is misguided in my eyes. If he has the desire to win a ring, his eyes will start to wander.

RyanB likes this.
  10. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Wow let’s wait for the season to start at least.

So many of you already scared of teams that haven’t even play a minute together.

The warriors were a scary team 2 season ago and this season they were really good. But I don’t think the Lakers or clippers will be as dominant as the Warriors were. Plus we don’t know how PG shoulders are or how Lebron will play after his injury. Even before his injury he wasn’t playing that great. Kawhi got an easier path to a chip because Durant and Klay were injured.

The Rockets were the only team that really gave the warriors problems and a scare last season. This season clippers managed to get 2 wins but because the warriors got cocky.
    This year Clint disappeared and was sick and CP3 couldn’t make any of his regular shots. We still could have won if they wouldn’t have rigged game 1

So yea don’t count us out yet. The season hasn’t even started

#10 cerophilik, Jul 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  11. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I hope Rockets organization never mention championship again when they save money season after season.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

not too worried if harden leaves. we're not winning with him. best to rebuild at the soonest. unfortunately right now we're at the lowest point in trusting management decision.

#12 Jontro, Jul 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    coachbadlee, cheke64 and Bengchu like this.
  13. pli777

pli777 Member

Yeah but so do many fans of their own team. Still does not invalidate the fact that he's been pretty loyal.

RyanB and vlaurelio like this.
  14. Jontro

Jontro Member

15. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Was watching Harden highlights today and realized he spent his entire prime with us only to have Morey and his shitty contracts/signings destroy his chances of winning a ring.

We'd be better off if we kept Bev and Lou, those guys are loyal. Would've taken paycuts to stay with us if we were loyal to them.

Harden could've gotten paid elsewhere and won a ring for his legacy but instead he's wasting the end of his prime with Morey's incompetence.

I wouldn't be mad if he demands a trade within the next couple seasons.

Rocket fans are pissed at our management because they keep talking the talk but never walk the walk.

Imagine how Harden would feel. Sure he's getting paid but in the end, it's all about his legacy since he's already done all the individual accolades.

Dopamine, Why not?, cheke64 and 6 others like this.
  16. JW86

JW86 Member

Harden not leaving? I hope for his own legacy he will if he sees an owner not willing to spend and bring in good role players down the line.

17. Le$$

Le$$ Member

They know there close, they gotta keep battling. Hey like i said there a good team like suns 03-05, and Heat(Mourning) Era. They couldn't get past one of the greatest team ever assembled, and those teams above couldnt get past bigger teams back then . Now this year is actually fair, where for once it is even out a bit. Finally can see teams with just 2 stars, and group of role players ....

James is the best player in the league, when Durant is down. So it should be a good year for Houston. Maybe a ring? Lets hope.

18. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

If he wants to go, let him go

Harden knows deep down in very few other organizations will he get all the keys and get to do whatever he wants to do on and off the court with no repercussions. Play ISO for 20s of the shot clock, no problem. Don't play D, no problem. Want the GM battle for you on twitter, no problem.

19. Homey the Clown

The culture of the NBA now is to team up with other superstars. We have one. Something has to give eventually.

20. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member