1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kawhi Leonard to Lakers done?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaBeard, Jul 1, 2019.

1. what

what Member

Kawhi Leonard is such a diva. Good grief, this is worse than the pacquiao-mayweather negotiations. The dude is dragging this out like an attention w****. It's so ridiculous to me.

ghettocheeze, gatsby, BigM and 4 others like this.
  2. MD_in_Training

Dude wants attention. I don’t believe for a second that he’s actually debating the positives and negatives of each team. He knows where he’s going. This isn’t particle physics.

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. JW86

JW86 Member

He’s taking his time as planned, no big deal.

NotInMyHouse, glenadyll and malakas like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Doesn't make decision on my timetable = diva
    LOL
    Quietest, most low key star in the league wants "attention"?

5. malakas

malakas Member

The more time he takes the worse for the Lakers.
    If he hasn't decided by 6 July they won't even have enough cap for a max.

So as long as he doesn't go there, he can take until september.

RudyTBag and Dacamel like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is always some 'passive aggressiveness' in everyone of us, most of us the least.

He could at least subtract one of the two LA teams ......it would be logical.

It is not hard to decide between the Clips or Lakeshow......it's either one or the other.

Clips are the lesser West version of Toronto anyway.

I want to see more CP3 and Harden against Kawhi, personally I want him to go Clippers but Toronto would be most parity.

7. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

I'm loving what Leonard is doing

He is literally the talk of the NBA. He is controlling the league right now and even moreso has a stranglehold over 3 other teams (Lakers, Raps, Clippers) and a bunch of hopeful teams (Rockets LOL)

Take your time with whatever decision you make, young chap

You owe no one anything, 2 time NBA Champion, 2 time Finals MVP,

JW86 and malakas like this.
  8. MD_in_Training

Quiet doesn’t mean doesn’t want attention. One can be attention seeking and socially awkward/quiet at the same time.

RudyTBag and malakas like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

malakas likes this.
  10. malakas

malakas Member

yup agreed.
    Kawhi seems to really enjoy attention. He is just not out there vocally seeking it. Just because he was with the Spurs we didn't know it, but it showed with the Raptors.
    It also shows with his decisions so far. He asked out from the Spurs to go to the Lakers in the first place.
    He left Nike to have his own shoe with NB.
    He doesn't talk but his actions talk for themselves.

11. JW86

JW86 Member

He’s not asking for attention! The league has these stupid rules, regulations and timing around FA and it’s not even a few days in. People who try to make it seem like Kawhi is doing anything on purpose need to grow up and stop being petty.

12. MD_in_Training

So the nba has rules and regulations, yet literally every single other free agent including other superstars have made their decision way before Leonard. It’s not really about the absolute timing, but relative timing. It’s the fact that this degree of delay in comparison to everyone else screams attention seeking.

13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

He’s quiet but I don’t buy the whole innocent thing at all. He gets a Steph Curry size pass from the media for any transgression. That said he can take as long as he wants, he’s not coming here so I don’t care.

Harden is low key. His fashion is loud but so is his loyalty.

14. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Or he doesn't give a sh-- what everyone thinks and just wants to take a few days to decide where and for what employer he'll spend the next few years of his life. I sure as hell would in his place - unlike the mid-tier players, he knows nobody's going to pull an offer if he takes some time to consider his options.

Kawhi's season only ended a couple weeks ago. The conference finals ended in May, so almost all the other FAs had a 3+ week head start on him looking ahead to next year.

apollo33 and JW86 like this.
  15. JW86

JW86 Member

Common sense, thank you! It’s like people forget how their decision impacts their lives in a big way. Kawhi just doesn’t care enough about how it’s “supposed to be done”.

16. jowman

jowman Member

This dude is selfish and a diva and trying to get pampered and more privledges than bron off the backs of his teammates. Not surprised the idiot fans and media love sucking his dick cause of his fake “low key” guy image and hate on harden when he’s passionate about the game and plays thru injury. b**** ass Leonard took a year off and rested cause he had a boo boo. Dude is a pippen level player st most.

Hope this b**** gets injured and harden ***** all over the league and media. Sweep all these mother****ers

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

Person completely operating within the rules and regulations means that he's attention seeking, now? This is essentially the next couple years of his prime - why wouldn't he take time to see how things unfold, before signing his prime away?

I'll even use your CF moniker as an example. If 2 medical schools offer you a spot in their entering class for that year and give you a deadline of 30 days, why would you want to decide within a day or two? Take as much time as you need to decide where you will go to school, even if it's a "dick move" to students on the waitlist. Same logic applies to 2 residencies in different hospitals waiting on your decision. In this case, the physicians that rank behind you are the people believing you're doing this for attention, when in reality, you're completely within your rights to take as much time as you need.

Mr. Brightside likes this.
  18. jowman

jowman Member

Much as I can’t stand the warriors and Kobe. I much prefer Kobe and Steph to giannis and this diva. Fake humble low key company men for ESPN, playing the nice guy.

19. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

He's probably slowing down the process of other teams and free agents from spending money/signing, so that's annoying.

20. MD_in_Training

Or he’s attention seeking. It doesn’t matter to me either way and it’s impossible to prove since neither you or I am kahwi Leonard. However, given the significant delay in comparison to his peers, attention seeking is one of the more rational interpretations for his actions. Your opinion may differ. That is all.