1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hold on you knee jerkers & whiners.... We ARE the FAVORITES.... If Lakers don't get Kawhi.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Canada, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I don't think we are the favorites just because our 2 best players have a history of coming up short in the post season.

RichieBanks likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We dun even have many real shooters.

Basically Ego, Harden, Austin, Green. some of them are more volume shooters than snipers.

3. bmelo

bmelo Member

Yeah i made no sense midseason too when i said we won't win a jack without better wings due to lack of rebounding and that iso-heavy offense will **** with our secondary players form come playoffs time... truth is hard sometimes. In 17/18 season i was wanking to the team all year long no matter if they won or lost. Now i see board destroyed that so i critisize it.

4. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

I really hope I am. I do like this team we have and think we should be a littler better than last season but a lot of teams made some jumps and probably even more so that us.

1. Lakers (assuming they land Kawhi)
    2. Portland
    3. Utah
    4. Denver
    5. Houston

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Right now we have 7 playable players and that's if you just assume that House will be the good version of himself that we saw this year and not the unplayable version.

We aren't the favorites for anything. Our depth will be brutalized.

RichieBanks likes this.
  6. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

They would whoop nothing... You're talking purely outta your ass... We played better against GS then they did... They benefited from key injuries more than anyone... If KD was healthy to play most of that series they lose... If Klay didn't miss 2 games it likely goes 7 and they still may lose.

7. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Harden has got better every year he has been a rocket mind u...even when I think no.way he can get better..bam he does. I dont doubt his progression from year to year any more. I bake him being better in now

8. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Obviously already addressed #1 in the title.

The rest you're wrong.. Especially Blazers and Nuggets... They're flat out not better than us... I expect regression from Denver and Blazers didn't improve.

9. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

I agree... I don't think he'll improve his scoring output this year, but I think he'll be even more efficient... And probably be around 30-32 ppg.

10. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

So you didn't address what we were talking about and completely deviated from the post to talk about you saying we won't win last year... The reasons you gave were actually wrong so you were wrong.... We lost last year because Capela was underwhelming af against his worst matchup in the league... And secondly... Because CP3 had the worst playoff series of his career offensively.... Including the single worst game of his career (game 5)

Yet even with that... Every game was tight and we were in position to win the series...

Now the Warriors are significantly worse with big question marks... And no longer that threat.

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The same Denver team that lost on purpose to avoid us in the playoffs? The same Portland team that just got a Hassan Whiteside that hasn’t been a decent player since he signed that massive contract?

Air Canada likes this.
  12. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Let's just lower all expectations... maybe it'll work better this year. Every year has been super-hyped up... then James doesn't show up in the playoffs. It's like he sabotages himself. Reverse psychology this thing... maybe it'll work.

RichieBanks likes this.
  13. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Yes he does. But, something happens in the playoffs. He gets TOO MUCH attention.

14. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Teams around us actually improved
    We added literally nothing. We lost our defensive coaches. We will be another year older. Rebounding could be even worse.

You are tripping

RichieBanks and cheke64 like this.
  15. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Na this was also his best playoffs

16. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

N mind u that attention n hurdle are from golden state.

Air Canada likes this.
  17. JD88

JD88 Member

Did we not have the best record in the NBA post ASB?

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Top 3 in west, top 5 in NBA

If Lakers get Kawhi they are far ahead of everyone else.

Otherwise rockets are there with them and warriors, raptors and bucks.

20. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

So make the predictions right now.