1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] What’s next

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Jul 3, 2019.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

And the mouthpiece for Morey and Tilman already with the excuses:

2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I see them resigning Shumpert to a reasonable offer and possibly using the rest of the T-MLE and that's it. No NT-MLE , no BAE. No Hard Cap.

They'll see what shakes loose at the deadline and have EG as the centerpiece of any deal - unless they expend him - with Shumpert as a salary filler.

3. JW86

JW86 Member

Again, isn’t that sad? Then you’re just not a contender, I’m sorry but you are just not with that mentality and unwillingness to sign guys who can help. Look at GS, still signing guys and they are not even much of a contender this year at least.

4. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

I'm so sick of the mentality of this front office....

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I aint mad at them at all …. I think they positioned themselves well.

Assuming Kawhi doesn't go to the Flakers , the Rockets have to be the prohibitive favorites in the West.

They still have room to improve upon that … Seems an enviable position to be in as a fan.

6. foggy94

foggy94 Member

I don't understand what you are upset about here

7. JW86

JW86 Member

I respect your opinion, but to me we are clearly not favourites at all. There’s our playing style issues, assistant coaching changes, possible style changes.

Then there’s Harden, how will he adjust after losing another MVP, chase it again? CP3, will he adjust, can he actually be better than last year?

How will EGO, Capela and PJ take the clear possibility of being moved and essentially told you are not good enough to contend? Will Capela bounce back? How does House grow and get minutes?

Who’s our back up 4 since we don’t have one? Harteinstein doesn’t look ready at the 5 so who’s backing up Clint, PJ? Lastly, if Shump is signed, does he play over House and GG?

We could be best in the west because other teams are just not as good or fail to click, but to me the media can doubt us and they’d have a point.

#7 JW86, Jul 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

"we tried to improve the team but it just didn't happen. we'd like to spend the MLE but we just don't know how. we don't want the LTS, we really don't. actually we're not sure how we even got to this point. we'll definitely be all in next summer though -- we want to win, we want to be all in"

9. Audioout

Audioout Member

(playing style issues): You mean the style that beats every team in the NBA except the Warriors (and even the Warriors fairly often)?

(assistant coaching change): Bzdelick is the only one you probably knew anything about. And he failed to make adjustments against Warriors so what's wrong with changing?

(possible style change): Isn't this a good thing? As long as the defense is there, the style change will likely be on offense and do you really expect offense will be our issue? We'll very likely be top 5 in scoring in the NBA at least as is customary when you have Harden.

(Harden MVP): How was he supposed to play this year? Let PJ and Clint create the offense? This is a silly worry.

(CP3 better): Doubt it, but if he can at least stay more healthy then we will be fine. This isn't a high bar to reach.

(EGO, Capela and PJ trade): You mean like how they were possibly shopped for Butler last season?

(Capela bounce back): He had one bad series against a team he didn't match up with, calm down.

(House minutes): He works for his minutes like everyone else.

(Backup 4): Same as last year minus Melo and Faried.

(Hartenstein and Shump): Hartenstein...eh, maybe, but we only have to replace spot minutes from Nene from last year. Shump, doubt it unless he outplays them enough to warrant it.

Having Rivers all season will make a difference. If we make any kind of mid season moves like the Faried, Rivers moves this year, we will be fairly stacked. Any team that supposedly improved over Houston will have to prove themselves just like us. Difference is, we've been one of the NBA's top teams for a couple seasons now and these other guys are only good on paper until proven otherwise.

Calm down, it's gonna be okay...unless it isn't. It's impossible to say.

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

And they'll continue to be interested in signing and/or trading absolutely everybody. Very confident, very.

pippendagimp and cheke64 like this.
  11. Victorious

Victorious Member

It could be as simple as players turning down their offers

12. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Sadly I think the answer now is WHO can we add period that helps this team. JM Green seems like our best choice and I am sure he is waiting to resign with Clippers or take the Lakers money if they strike out on Kawhi.

Love seems like a poor fit to me. Blazers think they will dump Whiteside for Love. Could you S&T Shumpert at 13M plus min players and get there? Nene would have helped. I don’t think so. Beal is a no go and do not want Hayward. Our days of disgruntled star hunting are over and we blew all of our chances. Throwing away Eric Gordon looks very backward right now if that is the grand plan. With this team I would offer an extension.

Embrace the clutch and Corrosion like this.
  13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't know what they do with the coaching staff …. but as long as Mike , Dan and Tony are running the show , I don't see the offense changing a whole lot and as ugly as it is sometimes , its been the among the most efficient offenses in league history.

As for Harden losing the MVP - He deserved it and I don't believe he "chased it" either - He did what he had to do wo win games while the two next best players were sitting on the trainers table.

EG has been in trade talks for a while , Capela …. needed a fire lit under his ass and Tucker according to all reports was untouchable. Not worried about it.

That backup 4 spot and the 5 are significant questions at this point but I think its likely that's where they spend the rest of the T-MLE at. Hartenstein needs to contribute or be gone …. Clark could see time at the 4 and if he's improved his 3 ball , he can give you quality minutes there.

Shumpert if signed would probably split minutes with House …. until he got traded. You have to give him some burn to keep his value. Shouldn't affect House , he'll get minutes as GG will too , on those nights he's hot.

I don't care much what the media says - They always hate on this franchise. As long as they are winning games , I'm content with waiting on a mid season move.

Would you rather have spare parts now , that's all they can get at this point with the money they have available or the potential for a really good player in a few months ….

And like I said in another post / thread , I was one of the harshest critics of how Morey handled things at the deadline.

You know how I felt about literally every move they made up to the deadline …. It appeared to me it was all about avoiding the tax. I wasn't happy … and thought they were a train wreck.

When you realize that to go after a big name he had to make those moves , you either say I'm glad he took a swing or I'd rather have had some marginal help last year.

Now he's got the team in a position where they are likely the favorites in the conference and can make a significant addition …. or would you rather have that marginal help available now ?

I like the idea of go big or go home.

14. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Pretty much agree - not much out there that helps this team now , the markets all but dried up.

As for the EG situation , we really don't know if he wants an extension or if he wants to test the market …. or if Morey's willing to extend him. In two of the three situations , you have to get some return on the asset before he expires and leaves for nothing.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Shumpert needs to be gone period. Not even for the vet min.

Blackjack84 and ClutchFam like this.
  17. JW86

JW86 Member

Would you still feel the same way if we had tried to go after Ed Davis, Aminu, Jeff Green among others and signed two already?

Tristan_fiore and motleydeflep6 like this.
  18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I agree with everything apart from giving Eric Gordon an extension. I like him, but he is getting older.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Sometimes it feels like we are Casey at the bat.

DD

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

@BimaThug

Please forgive my ignorance, but how can the Rockets use the 9.2 NT-MLE after paying House?
    Wouldn't they hit the hard cap if they used up the 5.7 M MLE?