1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What the rockets have left

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

2. gogispade

gogispade Member

Yea and its always comes back at us at the start or the end of the season.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

LTS Club Membership has it's benefits!

J Sizzle, Sean Dr34ms and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. Remlap

Remlap Member

SHORT MEMORIES
    We've only been bounced by what is arguably the greatest team ever assembled
    and we've gone toe to toe with them the past couple of years.
    Just so happens that we drew them in 2nd round last year. Doesn't mean we were a 2nd round team.
    We've been a LEGIT WC contender the past couple of years.
    EVERYONE knows that. Well, everyone except someone named DaBeard I guess

5. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

I swear some of you paint chip eaters with room temperature IQ's astound me that you are able to turn on a computer and log on to the internet.

Bravo for that life accomplishment, Mr. "second round exit" Guy. I mean, yes, we get it, they lost to the Warriors in round 2. But, literally nobody in the world had them any lower than what, the 5th best team? With most saying top 3 or 4. So, yeah, thanks for bringing up that totally inconsequential fact and using it as a really bad argument.

Good job, good effort!

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Can't wait till the next 3rd star that they are trying to chase.

7. tc0330

tc0330 Member

@RDAmbition_

In a brief conference call with Lawrence Frank and Jerry West,Mitch Frankel informed the team that Leonard has formally ruled out the Clippers as a possible destination, narrowing his options to the Lakers and Raptors.

well polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake

8. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Dealing with diversity is the worst!

How is Houston continuing to improve?

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

lol I'd settle for using the MLE. at this point its not a guarantee that tilman spends that money.

10. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

MAYBE, but the past doesn't help you now. CP3's a year older and likely declining more, and the supporting cast isn't what it was when they took GS to seven games. Other contenders are getting better and Houston pretty clearly is not.

11. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

D’Antoni could give two pennies about depth:

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not signing Carmelo Anthony and MCW for one.

Continued chemistry with Austin Rivers and Daniel House for two. (House’s contract resolution is huge)

Years of developed chemistry with CP3-Harden-Tucker-Gordon-Clint. They know how to play together extremely well.

HOPEFULLY an impact player or two for the money we have left to fill the holes we have on the defensive side of the ball. 3/4, Backup 5... JamG

13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Kawhi to lakers....who cares pack it in

Wulaw Horn, joshuaao and J Sizzle like this.
  14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

We can make minor adjustments all we want, but at the end of the year against the very best playoff teams it's simply not enough to expect Harden to beat teams who can put multiple stars on the floor while Harden's next best teammate is a mid 30's Paul, Tucker or Gordon.

Waste of Harden's career. I've been an ultra Morey fan for years, and I'm sure he did his best to get Butler, but heads must roll if we are going to show up to the playoffs in that exact same situation.

If you want to win it all, your team should be able to fairly easily make the playoffs without your best player. This is a good Rockets team, but we have already achieved everything this team has achieved, and we have already waited for ends of FA and buyout windows for players to change that for cheap and we have already put forth tremendous offensive and defensive production from the talent we have.

There are 4 or 5 clear-cut better teams than the best version of the Rockets last season. There are no FA's on the market who would change that.

RichieBanks likes this.
  15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

What rosters in the west are just clearly better?

16. icewill36

icewill36 Member

when you consider cp3s rapid decline....

warriors, nuggets, jazz, lakers, blazers, thunder.

17. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

D-rock and J.R. like this.
  18. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I was just looking at who is still available that plays Center or is a 4/5 and thought O'quinn could be had for the minimum. We need more height anyways. See below for the list. I think we should go after Joakim Noah for BAE or hopefully vet min. Had a really good bounce back for the Grizz last year. Sets good picks and can still roll to the basket pretty well. Also, a great passer. This is now my #1 target since Looney is gone.

Of course, would like someone like JayMychal Green, Jeff Green, one of Morris Twins (or both?) but I think having some insurance at the 5 is important especially if Clint goes in the tank again. We also won't have to rely on Hartenstein although I think he will be up for the backup minutes but there may be too many growing pains.

Remaining MLE targets (3/4/5):
    JayM Green
    Jeff Green
    Marcus Morris
    Nerlens Noel? (not sure he is worth it or not?)
    Demarcus Cousins (long shot of course)
    Cauley-Stein

Vet Min or BAE targets
    Markief Morris
    Joakim Noah
    Javale McGee
    Tyson Chandler
    Ekpe Udoh
    Amir Johnson
    Salah Mejri
    Kosta Koufus

Kind of surprised we haven't been rumored to be interested in any of these guys from what I can tell. We definitely need to add 2 more capable rotation pieces that are solid on offense and defense.

D-rock likes this.
  19. icewill36

icewill36 Member

noel is returning to the thunder

id like marcus morris but we cant afford him. he will probably get above mid level money after kawhi makes his decision

i think we should look at noah as a backup center. he was solid for memphis last year. 18.63 PER, always been a great competitor and good passing big man.

D-rock likes this.
  20. shlhl

shlhl Member

Day Dreaming the third star. Houston, we got the problem.