1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Butler trade not done!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ClearLakeTX, Jun 30, 2019.

1. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

This is a joke!!! Seems like Riley just rushed everything last minute. Philadelphia could easily just back out of it.

HoustonCRT likes this.
  2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Bahaha nyk just spent over 10m of their space on reggie Bullock lolol...

3. UrbanEnterprise

if nobody helps Miami, I can see Butler telling Philly "well, I tried, but I'm going to LA"

4. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

L.A. won't budge till Kawhi gives him an Answer.. he can be by his lonesome with the Clippers

5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Will revisit in 2023. Too late my Jimmeh avatar changed, ain't going back. Need some loving for my guy.

Ramo$e likes this.
  6. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

He would've been by his lonesome self in Miami. I doubt he cares if nobody came to LAC, he wants to be the top dog, not someone's sidekick

Ramo$e likes this.
  7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I wonder if our deals are still in place?

8. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Im sure thats why we havent went after any guys. No hard feelings if their deal broke down. I respect someone wanting to be the #1 option. Still think they get it done but never say never.

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Don't get your hopes up, he wants to be in Miami and he'll be in Miami, if for some reason they won't be able to find a taker for Dragic he'll probably take less money or sign with L.A.

D-rock likes this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Is the Rockets meeting still in place? Have the iPads been sent back the West Hollywood Genius Bar?

I can't believe Butler would schedule a meeting with his "good friend" James Harden and just sign with Miami. That a pretty disrespectful friend.

Ramo$e and AroundTheWorld like this.
  11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

With all the basically tampering leaks of contracts being brought up way ahead of FA, I'm thinking Butler probably let harden know hopefully, but who knows.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If Harden knew, he would have told Morey just like he did with KD. This is why everything feels so strange. Clutchfans insiders were go, @KellyUnchained (Kelly Iko) was go. Then Jimmy immediately wants to sign with Miami night one of FA. Miami wasn't ready at all and botched all the contract maneuvering. It's so ridiculously fishy.

D-rock, joshuaao, luckyman76 and 3 others like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Whoever wants Dragic I guess.

14. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Just was listening to Bill Simmons podcast and his buddy house asked...”Is there anyway Kawhi can go to Houston?” Simmons said no and dismissed it right away saying Harden would habe to be involved.

Any one else I would close the book on, but for some reason there is a .00001 in me that says he is a weird dude. I have seen some all star clips with him and harden having fun. (Nothing serious). I just want to put it in the universe.

Keep the pipe dream alive!

I know it ain’t happening and I need to take my sleep deprived self to sleep. No sense in staying up to see if Dragic gets moved.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Kawhi studied tape on harden when he was with the Spurs.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They didn't have a welcoming committee and a meeting, they put all of their eggs in the JB basket.

So even if the city of Los Angeles never existed, Raptors are still the favorites to re-sign him, more than the Rockets.

CCity Zero likes this.
  17. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Jimmy’s deal to the heat will get done. That’s that.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So how good is Josh Richardson in terms of shooting?

Sixers didn't lose that much, they just give Tobias a more prominent role, and let Embiid close out.

Shooting is the most they lost.

19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Probably right, Riley probably came into the meeting and dumped his championship rings on the table, and said "Butler, you can be the head of our next big 3", or something like that... Haha

DreamShook and Ramo$e like this.
  20. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

I guess Jimmy Crackcorn and D.Union are closer.

DreamShook likes this.