1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Calm Down] Rockets Can Win A Championship As It Is

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

We just need to bring back Rivers and we basically get the same team as last season.

Cstyle42 likes this.
  2. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

True but honestly free agency isnt over n trades n moves can be made. My whole thing is it isnt how u start but how u finish. So I dont judge my squad tell after the buy out market

3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

When you will walk into a room full of raging r****ds, you are the moron in everyone ‘s eyes.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  4. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Bucks swept us last year and im sure philly would love the chance to laugh at our small ball lineup

5. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

This all comes back to the trust in the system and getting a guy like Jimmy who can break the system to secure a must-needed win. System just gives us good playoff seeding. We need guys who can step up when lights are brightest. Staying pat is another way of admitting you failed to improve.

If it's not by personnel change, then it's gotta be thru our system and finding an agreed upon approach to the playoffs. System will get us there and it'll be the same reason we lose an elimination game.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  6. Newlin

Newlin Member

Don't forget that we can still sign Shumpert. He's our ace in the hole!

We still have the farm guys. We still have the farm!

7. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

We’re literally 4 hours into the offseason and y’all think we’re done...

AroundTheWorld and lionaire like this.
  8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Morey's clutchfan account confirmed

9. Mr Chuck Norris

Philly starting lineup is

Embiid
    Whoreford
    Harris
    J Rich
    Ben Simmons

They can definitely say that they got better

Denovo and YOLO like this.
  10. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

THIS!

Not getting Butler is a blessing in disguise. Committing Max money to a high milage, injury prone, selfish dude would not have been a good mix for this team.

The power balance in the NBA is finally equal for the most part and the Rockets championship window just creaked open a little bit more. The Rockets can def run is back and have a legitimate shot to winning it all next year.

Im so happy the Rockets didnt trade Gordon (our xfactor) and Clint and gut this team for Butler. It is going to be a blessing in disguise and you guys will know it soon.

The Rockets still in the market to made trades and also signing players using their BAE and MLE.

11. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

They lost Butler and Redick though. Even less shooting than last season. Unless Ben Simmons get a jumper, Philly will be weaker.

12. CALI_MOST_WANTD

Bring back beverly

tinman likes this.
  13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

we still have a contender and we will be even deeper and more talented without giving up 2 starters for butler. we just won't have the same star power at the top we would've had with jimmy. but its over and time to play forward.

I would still do the capela for smart/pick with boston and since losing horford and going all in on Kemba I think they would too. the reason being CP3 needs a quality backup since he will miss a good chunk of games again. I think we can get a center on the market who is 2/3 as good as clint for 1/3 the price. I'd target Holmes and KOQ for the remainder of the NTMLE after signing House ($5.7M). Next I'd look for a stretch 4 for the BAE. I'd target Tolliver, Dudley, and Kornet. I'd add a minimum contract center for extra size, someone like koufos who morey has liked in the past. last, sign shumpert to a 1 year deal for as much money as you can without becoming BYC ($13M). this and a pick can be an important trade piece at the deadline. sign ponds to a rookie minimum and save the last spot for a buyout later in the season.

I'd be ok starting the season with a rotation like this:

Holmes (28) - Koufos (12) - Harty
    Tucker (30) - Tolliver (18) - Clark
    Gordon (30) - House (18)
    Harden (36) - Shumpert (8) - Green
    Paul (30) - Smart (30) - Ponds

consider how close we were to beating the warriors last year, every game decided by less than 6 points. now smart > rivers, koufos > nene, toliver > not playing anyone, and Holmes < capela but we end up overall better... probably good enough to have beaten the warriors last season if we had this team.

yixiixiy likes this.
  14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

And at the end of this season:

Warriors are still that 73w history team, so unbeatabe. The had our number...Blah blah

15. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

As long as we are better than Mavs and Jazz, I'm fine.

16. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

No they ****ing can’t haha. Lots of teams have gotten better

17. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Exactly!

Rockets are not done making moves. By the trade deadline, I can see this season's squad even better than last season.

bilaal14 likes this.
  18. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

We are not better than Utah

Denovo likes this.
  19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yes I hope our squad next year can beat a Kevin Durantless warriors team in the playoffs in Houston

20. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Exactly...the issue is people dont really watch basketball to understand it...they turn the tv on..watch it..and go about their day....and get their news from the national talking heads..

Being a reasonable fan takes much more time, dedication, and understanding.