1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Butler/Rockets to meet early next week

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rasheed, Jun 29, 2019.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

it does look far-fetched. we don't have the money or lifestyle to offer. if we S&T for him it really depletes our roster, making us an even less attractive destination for him. so not unlike in-season, our only real hope of winning here is harden somehow coming thru for us again, this time w/ the sales pitch.

2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Every team worth a damn is meeting with their star player on sunday, meanwhile we're trying to pull off a near-impossible trade and we don't get to meet Butler until days after FA opens. Morey needs to learn to tamper more.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm not reading all this. All I know is if the Rockets strike out, you and many others on Clutchfans, will be the first to fire off a series of less than sympathetic "I told you so" posts.

This is just my opinion, and it is only one opinion, but I think that is b**** ass behavior at the mid tier level.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Face to face interaction shows that you care enough to show up. Harden in the room, even if they are close friends, I think is worth something.

YOLO likes this.
  5. amaru

amaru Member

So basically you don't know a damn thing. But hey opinions are like assholes, everybody has one and most of them stink :cool:

the11mingdynasty likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

No doubt they will.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

Unfortunately that’s been the theme for awhile and why this board has trended down compared to years past

8. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

At the end of the day it's still up to Philly.. They may like Houston package and picks more than Miami's who knows... Unless Butler goes to a team that has Cap Space but he still wants his No State Tax 5 year Max will see..

9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Imagine making a decision based on what an organisation did for their greatest ever player in his last game.

Goodness gracious are players really this stupid.

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I would argue at the end of the day its up to Butler not Phily. both teams will put a package together that the Sixers will have to swallow. Butler will pick one and if the Sixers refuse he will go to the clippers, nets, lakers, etc and leave them with nothing.

wherever jimmy wants to go, that's where he'll be.

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

if he thinks playing there for 4 years and probably not winning a damn thing is gonna get him the same sendoff as wade got... lmao

Richie_Rich and harold bingo like this.
  12. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Remember when LaMarcus Aldridge was "blown away" by Houston's presentation? I think the guy that tweeted that was neutral, not a homer like this Tim Reynolds guy.

Oh, and prime D-Wade isn't walking through that door. I think he retired, Jimbo

sammy likes this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Like I said, It's only MY opinion. If you think my opinion that all the "I told you so" posters queuing up to crash the site if Butler decides to go elsewhere are 40 oz of pure garbage juice is a bad opinion, I'm not out here to argue with you about that. It just an opinion.

14. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I wonder how pissed Tilman will be if Morey fails to sign anyone this off-season.

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Butler comes off as a flake if this is true.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  16. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

when was the last time we beat out a bunch of other team's presentations for a max guy? Paul and Dwight we had in the bag before the signing period started. I still think we have a great chance but its harden's pitch vs wade's pitch. and neither probably matters if phily offers the 5th year. that's why they get the first meeting.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

we'll be able to use the MLE on someone regardless of the jimmy situation. can't be mad at morey for not landing a superstar each summer. those guys do what's best for them. if he gets the 5th year from the Sixers he stays. if he doesn't maybe he goes to LA to get paid more by his sneaker deal, or to Miami because he prefers that lifestyle. none of it is in the rockets or DM's control.

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The positive here is that nobody has announced that Jimmy is returning too Philly, like Klay / Middleton.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

This would be a fine argument... If he weren't meeting with Miami.

The only possible thing that could do in relation to Houston is raise the price we have to pay... so if Jimmy was truly set on Houston... why in the world would he pretend to entertain the Heat, costing Hou leverage and therefore assets in a S&T?

The answer is... Jimmy's not set on Houston. As long as that meeting with the Heat happens, it's absolutely clear that not only is he not set on Houston, but we're likely not his #1 preferred destination as his first meeting is a blow to our leverage.

Disappointing considering all the confidence from Morey, all the leaks. Really hope we have a nice backup plan, like Capela for Brown or something of the likes.

OldYelllowDog likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vivi likes this.