1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stephen A. Smith] As of this morning, I am hearing Lakers are serious threat for Kawhi Leonard

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rasheed, Jun 28, 2019.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

like who? there wasn't anyone else in that FA class, realistically to sign that would of made them a contender. their next goal after lebron, was clearly to get AD who made it known he was going to end up there one way or another.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol lebron has one hamstring injury and all of a sudden he's labeled injury prone. boy are people setting themselves up

AD missed a whopping 7 games in each of the two previous seasons before last year where he was obviously held out as he was unhappy in NO. he picks up nick nack injuries here in there but as far as still playing and being out there he actually is

Elephant810 and malakas like this.
  3. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

If you want him to see this or respond you need to tag him

@basketballholic @burners

4. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

https://thebiglead.com/2019/06/28/kawhi-leonard-lakers-stephen-a-smith/

But Jalen Rose, who has emerged in the last year or so as someone whose opinions are reliably guided by proprietary information in relationships, didn’t think there’s any way Kawhi chooses the Lakers over the Clippers and Raptors. Stephen A. then clarified that his Lakers intel is not “definitive” and went into a very entertaining monologue:
    SAS talking out of his ass yet again. Why anybody treats him as a source is beyond me.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I honestly don't care anymore. Morey actually getting Butler would be a miracle so I'd be glad to go against the Hollywood 3 and see what this team is made of.

Ramo$e and J Sizzle like this.
  6. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Leonard goes to the Lakers I'm out..... Very top tier free agents joining forces with A list players is ruining the NBA.

malakas likes this.
  7. rockets13champs

I’m not sure harden, Butler, Paul is as good as Lebron, Kawhi, Davis, Kuzma

8. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

No, I just have seen enough ring chasing vets go ring chasing to know they will get some. We are counting on guys coming for the cheap too if we get Butler and are hardcapped.

9. JW86

JW86 Member

It’s not, take Kawhi out and it’s not as good.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lebron is getting injury prone...you know this how? Because he got a groin injury in like 13 years? That seems more of a wish you have rather then reality. He has been more healty than Butler through his career for what we know.

What we also know is that Chris Paul is 101% injury prone and way more declining than Lebron. Don't try to sell me that Lebron and CP3 at this stage of their career are basically in the same situation because they're not.

And btw i'm not saying they'll 100% win if they get Kawhi, but if they do and we don't get Butler they'll obviously be ahead of us, to me that seems pretty clear, although i understand we want to convince ourselves of the opposite.

malakas likes this.
  11. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

What you mean to say is... that we will just 3 them to death because they would legit have no depth.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

oops my mistake. lebron's injury was a groin. not hamstring

13. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

If this happens, it would be KD to the Warriors all over again, at least talent wise. Getting Butler would make us an elite team, but the Lakers would still be way ahead of the curve.

14. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

It's very simple. It's not. Only the God of Injuries could stop that Laker line-up

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lock it up.

Dirty filthy Laker BS... NBA dish with you bishes

Ramo$e likes this.
  16. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Um, the guy who was No. 3 in MVP voting.

17. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Yo chill ppl. I can’t believe ppl still believe this. Every year. EVERY YEAR. We hear about the Lakers being considered for FA and they never sign there. Wake me up when it finally happens.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

umm the same guy that stayed in okc. the post said realistically. LA had no chance of signing him. dude was partying with westbrook at midnight to make his announcement. pg13 already said he gave LA the chance to trade for him. once that didn't happen, he fell for okc as time went by and wasn't going anywhere. In case you forgot, he didn't even give LA a meeting because he didn't want to waste either of their time

19. AstrosRockets1818

What player in NBA history has been in their prime, won a finals, and finals MVP... only to walk?

20. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

This hasnt been their first expiriement. Just the first to possibly work. Possibly. Even Hollywood seemed to much for Bronny.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]