1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Amick] Sixers "looking likely" to participate in sign-and-trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 27, 2019.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I think we have the best chance because of the home town connection.

2. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Depending on what are his goals!!!!

If he wants to win and choosing the right organization he should definitely go with Houston.

If he wants the glamour city and making a name for himself outside the court then definitely LA is the best option.

It's also about being wanted and seeing a team willing to go the extra mile to acquire him. We were willing to give up 4 first round picks last year. That says alot.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  3. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The Lakers aren’t getting Kawhi Leonard. Their front office is beyond delusional if they think Leonard wants to play second fiddle to LeBron James. He more than likely stays in Toronto, but his fall-back option is to go home and be the leader of a young, upstart Clippers squad.

4. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

The players mostly already know. Butler doesn’t want to play musical chairs as someone’s “maybe” partner. The option was never Philly. I think his other option failed and elevated Houston. If we get it done great, if not he plays musical chairs. Friday and Saturday we will know.

5. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

I think all these Butler threads is making CF more ridiculous with some of these takes.

Or maybe I’m just reading a lot more the last couple days?

Either way stay calm and Mauri on!!

amaru likes this.
  6. UrbanEnterprise

Lebron has been in contact with Kawhi

7. ksny15

ksny15 Member

****kkkkkkkk. That team will be a killer

amaru likes this.
  8. Rocketsfan3422

K

9. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

As a result, the Rockets have to get Butler, right?

10. UrbanEnterprise

keep up with Arye

he hasn't missed yet.

and yes it affects the Rockets

11. UrbanEnterprise

if they wish to compete, yes.

or would you rather throw away Hardens prime simply because the Lakers look unbeatable

12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Has he said anything about Houston?

13. DVauthrin

I must have missed the memo that Kawhi Leonard signed with the Lakers. In fact, this week he signed an endorsement deal with Canada-based Cargo Jet Airways. It would be a massive jerk move to ink an endorsement deal with a Canada-based airline only to leave the Raptors in free agency a few days later.

Furthermore, Toronto has the best medical/sports science team in the NBA, and it’s one Leonard fully trusts. I don’t see Leonard leaving Toronto, but, if he did, it won’t be to play second fiddle to James and deal with the media circus that surrounds any James’ team.

14. UrbanEnterprise

no

but if Kawhi goes to the Lakers, it eliminates another team that might entice Butler

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would absolutely love to see the Lakers in the finals with Kawhi and Lebron and AD.

Let's grab Jimmy and bring'em on!!!

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Lakers are +1000 as of an hour ago

17. DVauthrin

Leonard isn’t going to the Lakers. He hates media attention, and James’ teams are always a media circus. Second, the Raptors have the best sports science/medical team in the league and Kawhi credits them for getting his quadriceps muscle back to full strength. Third, he has already won two championships already in his career, he doesn’t need to go play second fiddle to James to ring chase.

#237 DVauthrin, Jun 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    MONON, luckyman76, Stormy1234 and 2 others like this.
  18. rockets13champs

That’s not enough to beat 3 mvp
    Level players

19. DVauthrin

Kawhi isn’t going to be a Laker. They are a real threat for Butler, however. But if they strike out on Butler, they likely are getting D’Angelo Russell. I can’t see Kyrie Irving wanting to be a third wheel on a James-led team again, and Kemba Walker would sign a max deal with the Celtics before the Lakers.

RudyTBag likes this.
  20. Rocketsfan3422

Just so you guys know... It's my birthday.... Yes thank you... As I blew out the candles I wished for Tucker to not be included in any trades... but I did wish for capella weak ass to be traded... I'm sorry... But whats done is done

amaru, brosef and BigShasta like this.