1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Butler will be Moreys main target this summer, and he feels fairly confident it will happen

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

2. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

I really want to see this made and PJ being part of the team. A starting five with PJ and Jimmy out there playing some heavy D will be great to watch.

TipsyDixit likes this.
  3. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

4. jacoby

jacoby Member

I'd rather have Capela than PJ. UNLESS DeAndre Jordan is willing to sign here for cheap. I'll believe that when I see it.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Absolutely HATE the idea of moving Tucker. Would be disappointed if CC/EG was not enough in trades to get things done.

tc0330 and foggy94 like this.
  6. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I've thought about this more (after listening to a little Palillo who is a good voice of reason) and man, it would suck to lose Tucker, but I think we are underestimating the loss of Capela especially on the defensive end.

I think Morey believes without a doubt he can find another Tucker, not to mention JB brings the same defensive intensity, but Clint would not be as easy to replace.

I think EG is gone in this scenario either way, so it probably comes down to who gives you a better pick to flip to Philly between Capela and Tucker and that's a close one.

Now if Capela disappears again next May, we are all going to curse Morey for choosing Clint over PJ if that's the case.

jacoby and BigM like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, EGo didn't play a bad series vs Donovan Mitchell and Klay Thompson.

Nobody is talking about him.

BaselineFade likes this.
  8. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

I personally think it would be much easier to find a replacement center than finding someone who can replace Tucker's hustle, leadership, and toughness.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

That's just the African Saharan dust moving through Houston. ;)

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  10. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

besides dj, who would be some good candidates?

11. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

TBH out of the 3, if I had to keep 1. I would keep Capela and the reason being because he would bring the Defensive presence in the back and has good hands especially for Harden's passes with the lob and around the basket. I think PJ tucker is vastly being overrated here, tbh I would say he's the easiest to be replaced of the 3. Gordon I like a lot and he outplayed Klay in the Playoffs but at the end of the day he just isn't a star but his production outweighs PJ's IMO

12. Victorious

Victorious Member

Wise guys have us with the best odds

13. jacoby

jacoby Member

Capela's defense, shot blocking and finishing abilities will be missed way more than Tucker's perimeter defense. I love both players to death but we will be better with Capela than with Tucker. I think it's an absolute no-brainer. We need youth desperately.

14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

@cyberx just waiting for that next post from you that says he's opting in.

D-rock, BHannes2BHonest, JuNx and 2 others like this.
  15. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

WCS, Dedmon, Ed Davis, Noel.. Assuming any of these guys are wanting to take a discount of course. If not, it'll be hard to find anyone to replace Capela either..Otherwise maybe McGee

D-rock and BaselineFade like this.
  16. Mr Chuck Norris

When is the opt-in deadline?

17. tc0330

tc0330 Member

Trade Alert: The Lakers have traded Mo Wagner, Isaac Bonga and Jemerrio Jones to the Wizards in part of the NOLA/LA deal, per @wojespn.

18. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Lopez brothers, DeAndre, and Looney are the most likely candidates but I question whether any of them can be had for our MLE. After that I think the dropoff is pretty steep.

If you keep CC and trade Tucker, I think you have more options to fill some of the void left behind or at least add a serviceable rotation player

Marcus Morris
    Thaddeus Young
    Aminu
    Markieff Morris
    Jeff Green
    JayMichael Green
    Jared Dudley

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yeah, @cyberx. There's been a bit of news today, got any additional deets breh?

20. Nook

Nook Member

Lakers trying to get every penny of cap space possible.