1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Twitter] Tad Brown started following Jimmy Butler on Twitter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Jun 24, 2019.

1. bmd

bmd Member

Well he never said both Gordon AND Capela. The way he said it it sounded like one or the other.

pippendagimp likes this.
  2. lionaire

lionaire Member

I don't think this necessarily throws the idea of an opt-in and trade out the window.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

seems like we would need both to get close to a MAX for butler, right? anyways if that's the case i'm not sure i like this swap

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

You're probably right, in the end even if Jimmy always said "i'll get the max no matter what bla bla", i always thought he could be one of those guys willing to wait one season to cash in since he already did it in his career, and i mean, if Chris Paul did when he was 32 and more injury prone...

Remains to be seen what Phila thinks about this, they know we can't make room to sign Butler so, while they're not in a great position, we aren't either, i wonder if they would try to force us into a sign & trade scenario just to extract more assets from us...

5. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Correct. We all F5 the crap out of our keyboard this time of year and hope that Burt Steele like tweets mean something only to see we signed MCW.

So yea. Ask out the pretty girl. Get your hopes up. But then when it is time and you find out she was tucking something under there is a lot of disappointment

Drift Monkey and amaru like this.
  6. amaru

amaru Member

LMAO