1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin to be bought out by Hawks, sign with Toronto

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by batkins, Feb 11, 2019.

1. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

Does Clutch the admin have the ability to lock threads like these, that serve absolutely no purpose?
    All I see is a bunch of trolling.

tinman likes this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so you're saying they will rue the day they drafted him

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Not only will they rue the day they drafted Hachimura but this is another example of a franchise hitting the Wall in trying to get back to being a decent team.

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Whataboutism, a tool for LOF's to forget Lin's actual play on the court and his washed up, hangers on status as a third string nobody.

5. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

I don't recall Sun Yu or Mengke Bateer ever making any kind of statement about wanting to rep Asian people...can you share any reference that they did?

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Different thinking........also Sun or Bateer never had that Insanity moment.

I think only a group of people feel like they are activists.

The other guys just raking in money and go home to their fams.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jalen thinks he can become Kawhi super lite.

B-Bob likes this.
  8. yoeddy

Huh? The big knock on Lin when Linsanity first happened was that he couldn't go left and that his defense was poor. So he worked a ton on his left and his defense to the point where neither is a weakness anymore, and defensive-minded coach Steve Clifford even said that he had Lin in at the end of games because of Lin's defensive capabilities when he was with the Hornets. That same year, McHale also later said that he felt Lin had shored up his weaknesses and was a more complete player than he was when he was with the Rockets.

And Patrick Beverley is still a one-dimensional role player...to the point where the Clippers don't even list him as a PG anymore. They use him as a 3 and D guy, which is what he has always been.

9. yoeddy

Lin sucked when he got to Toronto. His level of play dropped significantly from what it was in the years before his injury. Clearly, his injury and the 2 years of barely playing took its toll on him. His NBA career may be over, as that injury has derailed many NBA careers.

10. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

3 and D ... I count two dimensions :p

11. yoeddy

I'm sticking with my Ivy League alums... #chrisdudley #mattmaloney #jeremylin

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  12. yoeddy

Haha...yes, you are right. But in the NBA, 3-and-D is regarded as a specific type of role-player, so that's what I meant.

Lin is a scorer and a playmaker. That's two dimensions.

lnchan likes this.
  13. yoeddy

The Lin threads have always been created by Rockets fans.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't really see Kawhi in him, but I think he can be a good player. About a year ago at this time I was hoping we could draft him (before I knew we would prefer LTS). Yes, he doesn't play the stretch-4 as we would like, but a guy who can hit contested 2s can absolutely learn to hit open 3s (see: Kyle Lowry). Also, if he did prove to be one of those rare, great mid-range shooters in the NBA, that would be a huge asset for us - to add more variety to our offense. I think he could have been great for us.

I do worry that Washington will stunt him a bit though, only because they are such a bad organization.

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I think when these talking heads compare young guys to Kawhi are completely missing one crucial factoid--if Kawhi wasn't drafted by the Spurs, and put through that specific system/culture, the Kawhi we know now wouldn't have existed. I'm very confident in that. Popovich and the Spurs made Kawhi into the elite player he is today. Would Kawhi have been an All-Star without the Spurs? Most likely due to his talent but not the dynasty-destroyer he is now.

That being said, Rui will not have the luxury of being in the same system/culture which will be the reason why he won't ever reach his full potential.

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. yoeddy

I certainly respect those people who try to use their positions in life to inspire and improve the lives of others.

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We need @Clutch to rid non Rockets fans on this board.
    Non Rockets fans are here to troll and think this place is REALGM .

It's never about basketball for LOFs, I'm also in favor of banning all Lin threads.
    LOFs can go to all the other teams fans sites , he joined a bunch of them. I'm sure he'll leave Toronto since he doesn't see himself as a 3rd string, 1 minute playoff player.

18. yoeddy

While I'm not a LOF, I think it's short-sighted to banning threads for topics people are interested in talking about.

And FYI - Lin played 22 minutes in the playoffs (only 1 minute in the Finals)...not that it matters, but just correcting an error here. Not sure if Toronto would even be an option for him since he's a FA and who knows if Toronto is even interested in offering him a contract. What Lin decides next will largely depend on what teams are willing to offer to him. Honestly, I'm not so sure he'll get anything worth it for him to continue with his NBA career at this point.

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Probably best to keep this thread open so all the trolling can continue going on in here rather than other threads.

VanityHalfBlack and sushimaster like this.
  20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They wouldn't go to other threads.

1. They only go to other threads once in a while to cover up their true intentions as a LOF

2. The other threads have topics that they don't understand like basketball, houston, life

3. Other boards have banned them

Look at the account that was created a few days ago, it follows the same pattern.

sushimaster likes this.