1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin to be bought out by Hawks, sign with Toronto

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by batkins, Feb 11, 2019.

1. chensu98

chensu98 Member

Harden choked in that series too. But he's been doing that his entire career. And now Chris Paul wants out because of Harden LMFAO

On another note, Rui Hachimura was drafted by the Washington Wizards! It's great to see more Asian representation in the NBA, and as a biracial athlete, he will offer a unique perspective. Rooting for his success!

2. chensu98

chensu98 Member

It's about the platform mostly, and the story of Jeremy Lin. He's the ultimate underdog story and his career has had ups and downs, plagued by unfortunate circumstances. If anyone deserves a ring, it's him.

3. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

You're wrong and here's why.

A lot of guys in the NBA have had ups and downs during their career.
    What makes Jeremy so special? If anyone deserves a ring it's Yao Ming.
    Yao broke his big toe and still tried to come back and play.
    Yao has a heart of a champion, Lin...he's just a backup point guard who got lucky to be on a winning team.

tinman likes this.
  4. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

Don't confuse my criticism of Jeremy Lin's game with his celebrating.
    His team won, he should be happy, ecstatic and celebrating that his team won the NBA championship.
    They beat a team that no team has beaten in the last few years. That is not the issue.
    But let's not kid ourselves and give credit where credit is due.
    Jeremy Lin did not put the Toronto Raptors on his back and carry them to the Promise Land, Kawhi Leonard did.

tinman likes this.
  5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You can't explain anything to LOFs

you know this. They are devoted to Lin because of their insecurities of their race, religion, or being picked last on 3 on 3 at the park.
    Just like when they first invaded this board, they tried their best to spam it to death with their backwards beliefs.
    They called everyone racist and everything had to do with race, Lin's demotion, his bad games, etc.
    Worst is how they just insulted the city of Houston, which is the MOST DIVERSE CITY in America.

As you know, this board was built for Rockets fans to discuss anything amongst Rockets fans. I want that to be the norm again.

The biggest thing that the Lin fans do not discuss is his basketball career. When you bring up Yao Ming, the first thing people think about is how awesome he was as a basketball player. The many years of consistent all star level play.

The media created this thing called 'Lin sanity' which is just a streak of a month of good Mike D'Antoni offense.

The other thing is Lin NEVER ADDRESSED HIS WEAKNESSES in his game.
    That's why he's not Patrick Beverly or PJ Tucker. Dudes who started off as one dimensional role players and became better.

Instead Lin is still double downing on his insecurities . How is he still mentioning his Rockets years? That was along time ago and he knows he screwed up because he lost the Portland series for us. Yes I put a huge blame on him.

Nick Nurse only played him in garbage time. There's a reason for that logic.

@Zboy

#825 tinman, Jun 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    sTWO likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Funny your boy Z rooted hard against Canada and Raps.....

7. tinman

Supporting Member

What does that have to do with anything I wrote?

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, you are right, it is just a funny tidbit that except for Lin, he does not really care a bit about the Raptors or their win.

And why do you have to summon anyone? You can answer questions without any backup, you are fully equipped.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

@Zboy would agree with me that Nick Nurse not playing Lin in the playoffs was a good move.

Lin doesn't care about Toronto or their fans either. At least Zboy doesn't pretend .

10. chensu98

chensu98 Member

It must be an amazing feeling for Rui Hachimura to know that he can have an NBA champion as an off-court mentor. Pure class.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yet nobody seems to be talking about his African heretage. Father from Benin.

12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Wait.....Hachimura knows Carl Herrera?

13. chensu98

chensu98 Member

I think it's mostly representation. He's obviously biracial and has two heritages, but it's still a big deal for Japanese people because he is the first Japanese player who was drafted to the NBA (born and raised in Japan). There are already many African players, but people from their respective countries are also proud of them (Serge Ibaka, Pascal Siakam).

daywalker02 and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  14. VanityHalfBlack

I'm jumping off the bandwagon to join RHOF aka Rui Hachimura fan only. Who's with me?

15. VanityHalfBlack

Jeremy Lin, eat your heart out!!

[​IMG][​IMG]

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

nonsense. Jeremy Lin taught Kawhi Leonard how to have heart

17. VanityHalfBlack

His name was trending on twitter.

18. chensu98

chensu98 Member

When Rui smiles, I smile.

He can learn a lot from Lin's career. I hope they meet up during the summer, we need more Asians in the game.

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

You know how I know Rui Hachimura will be a complete bust?

The Wizards front office, who picked him at 9, didn't even work him out and has never spoken to him. Is that organization a beacon of excellence? Heck no but they took a crapshoot on a guy they never met or spoken to and expect him to grow/succeed as an NBA player?

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I agree but I stand by it. Not a lot of NBA players were from Benin which is a smaller country.