1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

IG: Jimmy Butler In Houston, Drives Past "Be Someone" Into Heavy Traffic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TipsyDixit, Jun 18, 2019.

1. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

So here’s the latest.
    Rumors around Philadelphia are saying that Jimmy Butler is leaving and going to Houston.
    I just found out that Horford opted out of his contract and is not planning a return to BOS. He’s seeking a team friendly deal so that he can compete for championships.
    I’d assume that Houston would now be able to trade Capela to BOS for a first round pick. And now Houston can sign and trade with PHI for Jimmy Butler which would cost Eric Gordon and fillers.
    This roster would look very interesting.

•Chris Paul
    •James Harden
    •Jimmy Butler
    •PJ Tucker
    •Al Horford

This is a deadly lineup that can compete with anyone.

2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Paul
    Harden
    Buckets
    Tucker
    Cousins

thedreamsteam likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

How would we afford Horford?

that team would win a title

Horford would be our Marc Gasol
    Tucker would be our Danny Green
    CP would be our better, but older Lowry
    Butler would be our much better Siakam
    Harden would be our Kawhi

defense would be ridiculously good, and having 3 guys that can create for themselves and others plus a legit big that can spread the floor...would be a dream come true

4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I also wonder if anyone from Jimmys camp maybe suggests to him to drop social media hints to other teams to make sure Philly stays on their toes and ponies up the 5 year max immediately.

Elton Brand just said in an interview seeing the Raps winning it all makes him think Philly were really close to the chip. Does that sound like a guy who’s going to let his closer walk? Jimmy has put off a super max for two years, does he look like someone who’s going to leave that? He probably doesn’t have as much close friends as he would on another roster, but Embiid praised him with the ultimate compliment telling him he’s gotta close games for them, must feel good.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Ok now camp your ass opposite corner of Tucker and stay there.

apollo33 and J.R. like this.
  6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly he’d probably close games for us cuz Harden might be the best player through 3 quarters but he’s honestly not that good in the fourth.

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

A S&T for Capela would work if Horford accepts a deal around $15 a year for 4-5 years. I mean would I do it? Probably not but it can be done. Plus Boston would have a pretty good young core with Capela, Tatum, Brown, a re-signed Rozier

Reeko likes this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, Brand has no power in that, if Butler wants to leave he will leave, is that simple.

9. AkeemOlaDROwon

I can’t remember who said it, maybe it was CyberX, but didn’t someone reputable mention that it’s not about money with Jimmy and it’s more about winning.

luckyman76 and D-rock like this.
  10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

honestly, 3/4 of the time he did do that in Philly, just does nothing for 3 quarters, but he wants the ball in crunch time that's for sure.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Put Harden in the black jersey!!!

12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

It’s def a gamble but I’d assume that if he opts in, harden has relayed to him from Tilman that he’ll give him the max after next season.

We do have good credibility in these situations because we did it with cp3 and he was older missed 33 games that year and got hurt in the playoffs.

But ya I mean if he tears his Achilles then it would def be a game changer.

My opinion of Tilman is he’s cheap in some departments like going over the tax for role players that prob don’t push the needle that much. But I do genuinely think he’ll pay the tax to stars. He’s a Hollywood kind of guy he likes to be center of attention and adding butler while def expensive would make him be in the headlines for the right reasons and I think he likes that kind of thing. He’ll be able to say I paid huge money but I have 3 HOF players on my team and I have a huge new plane for these guys and we’re going to win a championship.

That just sounds like a Tilman thing to say.

Paying huge money for Kent bazmore and another role player doesn’t sound sexy even if it would have made the team better this season.

13. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

I am confused on the opting out thing. I have seen that today is the last day for Horford to opt out. Is this true? Is this the same for Butler as well?

14. TipsyDixit

TipsyDixit Member

This is from a video he posted on IG today

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Be someone?

Isnt that what most folks say to themselves before heading to Hollywood?

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think the joke is that it's a sign. And it's an old sign.

TipsyDixit likes this.
  17. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

I'd swap Capela, Gordon for Horford, Butler and a 1st in a heartbeat.

matchesmalone likes this.
  18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Where are the Philly rumors coming from?? Are there any credible Sixer "insiders" equivalent to @cyberx or @Codman that have talked about it?

19. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I totally agree with you on everything you said. I just think the worst case scenario of say an Achilles injury is something you have to think about when it comes down to that much money. I don’t doubt Tilman would pay Jimmy if he plays. But I doubt any team wouldn’t consider going back on their word if he tears an Achilles.

Championships aren’t guaranteed. The money would be. Look at Boogie. And he didn’t even have a chance to make a decision. And it’s not like Philly is the worst situation. I could see it not being his number one destination if all other things were equal. But it’s not the same as say if he was still in Minny, where he would probably just want to get the hell out.

Edit: Anyway I’m just speculating, I like everyone else know nothing about what Jimmy is thinking

20. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Where do people party in Tomball? Heck where do they hangout?