1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whataburger sold to a Chicago investment firm

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by NewRoxFan, Jun 14, 2019.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I have never had White Castle outside the little freezer ones. Krystal burger isn’t too bad though.

2. Buck Turgidson

I've been told of this.

My Spec's is getting it on Wednesday, and saving me at least a 12 pack for the Yankee series.

dachuda86 likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

This is not the plan, Dude. Texas still running things, everything is chill, Dude.

Positive mental attitude.

When I see them putting Chicago Dogs on the menu I'll get worried. But that's not a terrible idea at all.

dachuda86 likes this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

Chicago pizza is ****ing delicious. Detroit pizza is ****ing delicious. Naples pizza is ****ing delicious. NY pizza is ****ing delicious. Roman pizza is ****ing delicious.....etc...

Good pizza is delicious, and I will not stand by while you besmirch it.

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The in-person white castle is a disappointment. There is one right outside the St. Louis airport if you ever have a layover. I wasn't high though so what do I know?

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Eh... Pizza casserole is delicious I suppose. ;)

mick fry likes this.
  7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Krystal is literally almost the same... White castle slightly more onion taste... Krystal more of a... krystal burger taste... which isn't bad.

8. Buck Turgidson

Sure, talk **** about any kind of pizza (I made a b****in greek calzone a couple of weeks ago, btw) while you debate the merits of White Castle vs Krystal burgers.

Proud to say, I've eaten neither in my life.

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

lol woaaaah there nelllllyyy... This isn't the DD. Let's relax. I actually like Chicago Pizza though I agree with the critics that is is more of a casserole. Either way, it is delicious.

And I have to say I don't eat those anymore and I am proud of that fact. I made regrettable decisions in the past on fast food. I would much rather cook one myself or order a burger at an independent restaurant.

Either way cheers to pizza in all its forms.

Except lunchables...

mick fry likes this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

11. GIGO

GIGO Member

If you start a cooking channel on YT, I'll watch it.

dachuda86 likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

I wasn’t serious.

No to hot dogs on the menu... but Chicago dogs are very good.

Also pizza in Texas sucks.

13. mick fry

mick fry Member

Hey KC bbq is delicious but it’s not Texas bbq. ;)

dachuda86 likes this.
  14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You have to know where to go to find good pizza in Texas... it is very hit or miss... mostly miss.

Nook likes this.
  15. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Barry's is pretty good. That might be because it reminds me of Buddy's in Detroit

Nook likes this.
  16. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Whataburger by my house is gross anyway. They can have it. Haven’t gone there in about 5 years. Mushy buns, tried tim pass coffee off as tea, that butt end of the lettuce....

Time to find a local burger shack and invest in locally owned tastes. JAX burger in Spring is excellent.

17. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When I was in Chicago everything was either "maxwell street polish" or "Italian beef". I was honestly surprised at how ubiquitous just a mountain of processed meat on a bun with nothing else was.

I'm sure natives have better places, but for Chicago, Portillo's was the ubiquitous local chain, and their menu was basically mirrored by every cheap mom-and-pop place.

Coronary artery disease must be running out of control in that city.

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I used to think this. But then I honestly didn't care for Chicago pizza. It's not bad. It's just not delicious, to me. And part of eating pizza to me is being able to try 3 or 4 slices (and I'm overweight, but nowhere close to obese, lol). I didn't care for any of my Chicago pizza eating experience...

Portillio's got bought out a few years ago, too. Berkshire paid almost $1 billion for them...

19. SuraGotMadHops

[​IMG]

CrazyJoeDavola likes this.
  20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I've always found that Whataburgers out in the country (think Texas road trip) are WAY better than those in the city.

I don't even bother with the 2 that are in Kingwood. But if I'm ever on the road, you can count on me stopping there whether I'm hungry or not. The one in Refugio, of all places, might be the best fast food I've ever had. It beats a lot of regular restaurants I've been to.