1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey says Rockets will add a 3rd Star and be the favorite to Win next year...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by varughese.arun, Jun 17, 2019.

1. varughese.arun

So who is this 3rd Star that Morey says we will add? Buttler, Beal, Horford, Klay?

Sanctity, ak99999, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  2. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

I mean, not really what he said.

He said that they were the favorites to win the West right now and they will make moves to prove that.

Then he said they would add a 3rd star or a mid level rotation piece. That's a big chasm, but obviously the big star would have to be a trade to get here, while the mid level rotation piece would be the mid level exception.

Bet on the latter.

3. BigBum

BigBum Member

Agreed,
    Other teams can offer more for a star, has to trade.
    I don’t expect much from MLE.
    Sometimes tilman and morey mislead fans.
    To me, Add a star means using 5.7 million to sign a star.

#3 BigBum, Jun 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    varughese.arun likes this.
  4. varughese.arun

True...
    But who is the "star" we are going after. I can't believe that question wasn't asked

PhilCollins likes this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm getting the vibe I got when we ended up with CP3. I feel the opt-in and trade for Butler.

34to11, Hakeemtheking, JuNx and 9 others like this.
  6. Mattician

Mattician Member

The Rockets aren't the favorites in the west as currently constructed.

Let's just hope it isn't another Carmelo Anthony type addition. Player past their prime, locker room cancer, etc.

hakeem94 and ryano2009 like this.
  7. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

I mean, I pretty clearly think he isn't going after a star (or any more than he always tries to).

The plan is to run it back with this starting 5 and add a rotation piece with MLE, always has been the way I voted. Now, if you can flip Capella or Gordon for something better, sure he will explore that, but I don't think you can flip either of those guys for clearly better.

It's all talk talk talk. I don't know why the Rockets try so hard to win the news cycle (My guess is huge ego from Tilman) but yeah, it isn't happening. And that's ok. Just, you know, shut up about all this ****. Makes you look stupid whenever you are all hat and no cattle. I'm pretty sure that's just Tilman's MO though. Oh well- it all works out to the good unless and until he pushes the adults out of the room (Morie that is).

varughese.arun likes this.
  8. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

LA using their trash media heads to sabotage Houston. Stay in your lane LA. Can't wait to see you crash and burn with those two clowns as your "leaders".

Hakeemtheking, jch1911 and ClutchFam like this.
  9. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Warmly welcome our 3rd star......Isaiah Thomas

:D

hakeem94 and ryano2009 like this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Can he just stfu at this point?

calurker, PeterKingX, cheke64 and 2 others like this.
  12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

::JR Smith enters the chat::

I guess they cant put him on the cover of the media guide this year, at least, since Tilman cant afford any graphic designers.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Morey also said we'll "have our pick of the free agents" last offseason, then went out and embarrassed himself with Melo and MCW.

Morey should just stop talking

14. BigBum

BigBum Member

Horford opt out and sign MLE here.
    Unlikely

Remember David west

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Morey is always saying things...at this point I’m just like “yeah man, whatever”

show me, don’t tell me

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

17. ball king23

ball king23 Member

one can only hope we get a 3rd star

jcf likes this.
  18. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Uhmm, they really are. More events from around the conference can change that, but their starting 5, right now, is better than anyone else in the conference, they have the midlevel, and Murray is a witch at moves on the margin to improve the team.

This team isn't odds on favorites like the dubs have been for the last 4 offseasons, but they are, if not in pole position right now, really close.

jcf and hakeem94 like this.
  19. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

He's been saying this for years it seems like. The truth is no free agent wants to play here and he does not have the assets to trade for a proper third "star."

dachuda86 and PeterKingX like this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Tilman on not getting the #1 seed after his GM claimed the West runs through Houston & Rockets are the favorite:

“Not getting the one seed was a fluke,” Fertitta said. “We were going to be the one seed. It was an accident. I’m still trying to figure out how we didn't get it. I was positive we were going to be the one seed."

Also:

The Houston Rockets believed the officiating in during the 2019-20 season eventually cost them the number one seed.

So much so, that the Rockets audited the 2019-20 season on their own and drafted a report and accompanying memo for the NBA.

Says the memo addressed to Byron Spruell, president of league operations:

Referees likely changed the one seed. There can be no worse result for the NBA.

The Rockets also argue in their memo that veteran officials “exhibit the most bias against our players.”

According to the memo:

The reason we are in this situation is the efforts made to improve the referees have been too slow, not extensive enough, and have been held back by entrenched referees who are resisting reform.

In the memo, which, again, was not sent, Houston recommended adding a fourth on-court referee. Houston also wants the NBA to make full-game officiating reports available to every team for every game.

The Rockets also claim the number one seed would have given them a "clear path" to the NBA Finals.

But, the NBA does not agree with anything the Rockets have to say. Mike Bass, an NBA spokesman, told ESPN on Monday:

As we told the Rockets, we do not agree with their methodology.
    Tilman Fertitta, Daryl Morey nor Thaddeus Brown could be reached for further comment.

D-rock likes this.