1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A Smith - “Chris Paul wants out”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheSource, Jun 14, 2019.

1. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Chris Paul for Walt Williams and Kelvin Cato.

Edit: 2000 Walt would thrive with the current Rockets.

#301 dc rock, Jun 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    BigShasta and RocketWalta like this.
  2. pass_to_Hakeem

“Chris Paul wants out!”....... bye

crimsonghost likes this.
  3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

So morey mda cp3 the team and the rest of u mfers are too dependent on harden.how is that his fault??

#303 vlaurelio, Jun 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    Lawlruschang likes this.
  4. BigBum

BigBum Member

I don’t expect much from Paul next playoffs. That contract is just wrong.

RichieBanks likes this.
  5. T for 3

T for 3 Member

It's definitely not all his fault. I get the sense though that he is stubborn as far as being open to changes. So, the coaches, morey, whoever, were just like well he can do what he wants, we are winning a lot. The team would be nowhere without James, but they could do things better WITH him IMO. And yes, that includes Morey not botching another offseason. At this point though we are already strapped, so we are kind of ****ed.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

paul is doing dorrell mario a solid by forcing his way out. getting rid of his contract would be a success.

seepithree da real mvp.

crimsonghost likes this.
  7. vlaurelio

Switch him with curry kd or kawhi and hes a champion. Its not him

don grahamleone and Lawlruschang like this.
  8. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I mean, you can say that, but, curry kawhi and KD run completely different offenses and play in a way that Harden hasn't shown he is capable of playing. Those guys have better supporting casts though, there is no doubt. You could be right...You could be wrong....The straight "switch them" thing has so many assumptions along with it....

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think Harden has "the Heart of a Champion". For years I've had to defend Harden in NYC. I actually get a few customers at my bar who have worked for the NBA front office. One is also a former reporter. Every year they poke fun of my love of the Rockets. Every year they give me **** about the Rockets and James Harden. I'm done backing the guy up. His body language clearly said forfeit against the Spurs and against Golden State. The Rockets just covered it up. I don't know where Chris Paul will get traded to but I won't boo him in another Jersey. He gave everything he had on the floor. I also don't blame him for wanting out.

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I will give Harden and Morey (Fertitta) 2 more years.......I also think Harden does not have the mental toughness to do it without a Kawhi or KD at his side.

I think he has matured to the level of at least competing with the likes of healthy GSW though. Just not enough.

I dun want to jinx it, Harden has been very durable, but even the most durable dude has to go thru injuries - I would leave it at that.

#310 daywalker02, Jun 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    Hakeemtheking likes this.
  11. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I agree. Some in here would have you believe that because the rockets wouldn’t be where they are without James, he is not at fault at all. They will point to his stat line and say: "without those numbers we wouldn't be in the position we are in." I don't deny that, but to me, it's only part of the story. I see his level of play change in those tightest moments. We had our best chance to beat GS starting in game 5 this year, and it was crazy how you could see his level of play, or demeanor, or whatever you want to call it, change. You can't have it both ways, you can't have an offense that’s run through you on every possession, and then ask the others to do the winning in crunch time. That's why I laugh when anyone brings up his stat line. Of course his numbers are going to be crazy, off the charts. Every single play is his, every shot, every pass, he dictates everything, while the others stand around. Does he need better teammates to win a title? Sure. But you can't just ignore how he has a tendency to shrink when he is needed most.

#311 T for 3, Jun 16, 2019
  12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

The tough part is you are never going to be able to bring in someone better than James. So, it has to be up to him to change. Maybe, even just a coach with the balls to stand up to him and/or Morey. Unfortunately I don’t see it happening. Not to mention, we barely have any spending money while the rest of the league continues to improve around us.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sure for now but in 3 years? He won’t be improving every year. One can at least die trying.

14. T for 3

T for 3 Member

You’re right. Hopefully Tillman isn’t stupid enough to just blindly resign this regime when the time comes. I hope they prove me wrong.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am more concerned about the super role players we are about to assemble, it has been major hit and miss.

We better get some draft picks as well.

16. vlaurelio

So he has done what anyother player cant do and its his fault? LOL

17. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Man, if we could somehow pry Kuzma for CP3 and picks, I would be estatic.

BigShasta likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That would be major, Lakers refuse to give up Kuz for AD but for aging CP3? (Age differential 9 yrs)

That said Lakers are better with Free agents than with trades or Draft picks.

They can pick up one every year if they have the slots for them.

#318 daywalker02, Jun 16, 2019
  19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

At some point either Harden or Morey has to go. I give it till the end of this upcoming season with Tillman's so called willing to spend. If not one of the two have to go.

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I can see them both leave about the same time, Morey's fortunes were always tied to the 2012 Harden trade.

True, Harden does not need Morey as much as Morey needed him but I guess he appreciates him enough.